Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 52
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Haha no sacrificing anywhere, the one for Holosun will just be different so it'd fit without the customers having to modify the RMR/SRO plate.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:10:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haha no sacrificing anywhere, the one for Holosun will just be different so it'd fit without the customers having to modify the RMR/SRO plate.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Holosun sight will not work on ours without modification to the plate.  The front recoil lug/fence is precision machined and mated for the RMR and SRO, Holosun's front's r value is different and doesn't conform to the current plate's curvature.

It's not difficult to make a slight change to make it fit, not sure if we have time or the desire to do it, as we're moving on to M17 plate already.

Our plate has been tested with RM01, RM06 and RM05, all are tight.  We hold tighter tolerances than Trijicon does the RMR, but we have to accommodate their tolerances.
View Quote
M17 plate for RMR or DPP?  Will the plate for the DPP include a raised backup sight?  
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Still early in the development (as in, just started), so anything goes.  We prefer to keep things simple, but everything is on the table for now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well the M17/18 are already cut for the DPP. Need better RMR options IMO.

While direct mill is best, it seems like the best universal option is direct milling for DPP with adapter for RMR or ACRO since DPP sits so high. SIG and STI both do this and it seems to work well.
View Quote
What I meant to say was for the RMR and the raised back up sight as it's already cut for the DDP.  

With the DDP, I use the factory Leupold rear sight and just get a taller front sight.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The MOS is a POS.

If you want an optic on a Glock, just have the slide milled.
View Quote
This is the best option.

OP I recently struggled with this question as well, in the end milling is the best option.  Be sure to use one of the companies recommended here.  Lot of milling horror stories out there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Still early in the development (as in, just started), so anything goes.  We prefer to keep things simple, but everything is on the table for now.
View Quote
I'll be buying your MOS plates (2 of them) and now your gonna make an M17 plate?

My poor wallet! I've got a couple M17's that I'm going to RMR too. Already have an RM06 waiting!
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thank you for not sacrificing the quality of the RMR plate to retrofit the holosun in!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's occurred to me.  It's not hard to make our RMR plate fit, so we'll look into it.  It's most likely just a matter of making a less curved front recoil lug/fence.  Bang, Holosun plate

It's a result of the very precise fit we have on our RMR plate, I didn't expect, and honestly, didn't care about any other optics, we were focused solely on the RMR and SRO.  With what we know now, we'll most likely make a version for Holosun as well.
Thank you for not sacrificing the quality of the RMR plate to retrofit the holosun in!
I agree.  Can't wait for your plate.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#11]
So wait, why am I suppose to be hating my MOS plate that attaches my 508t to my 19?  Because it worked just fine for a couple thousand rounds. And then I got a chpws adapter plate because it’s supposed to be mo betta but so far......there’s no gap. Which is worth the $65......I guess.

Can someone what I’m doing wrong?  I feel I should be highly disappointed with this system after reading some of this thread. ???????
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 2:29:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Worth reading twice.
View Quote
Yeah no. DP Pro when it and the rmr where the top dogs. The 507 and especially the 508 rape the DP Pro as does the ACRO and the Holosun version of the ACRO.

The rmr is still gtg but there are cheaper options that have more features.

Then slap a new chpws plate on there and rock solid system.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The v2 prototype fit is so snug, I have to work at it to detach it from the SRO.  The SRO to plate mounting screws are not installed in this pic.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/781/Untitled_jpg-1238560.JPG
View Quote
Looks excellent!

I am in the market for a RDS handgun for duty use and we cannot mill the slide so I'm looking at both the MOS and the CZ.  Would love to try one of these out when they're available.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#14]
When do you expect V2 to be available? I’m ready to order two!
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:00:51 AM EDT
[#15]
In production now, ETA is 3 to 4 weeks
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:31:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
What's your next project?
How about a steel MOS plate for the Holosun 509T that fits tight front and back?

Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:22:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Yep, OPF-G, H (Optics Platform, Forward Controls, Glock, Holosun) is coming too
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:29:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Should have my G19 by the time you have your plates in production. Can’t wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did you decide on a price yet?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes, but it's subject to change, there are a few issues to consider we can't discuss in public.

OPF (Optics Platform, FCD) as a line of products will include variants for different hand guns and optics.  We will include all mounting screws and a packet of VC3 with all variants.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yes, but it's subject to change, there are a few issues to consider we can't discuss in public.

OPF (Optics Platform, FCD) as a line of products will include variants for different hand guns and optics.  We will include all mounting screws and a packet of VC3 with all variants.
View Quote
Sounds good. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Can we do a preorder?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#25]
We like our friends and customers, so we don't do pre-orders
These pre-orders rarely turn out well for the manufacturer and customers, delays are the norm and we're not in full control of things when they happen.  Best to announce the availability when we can ship.  A day or two worth of delays would be enough to stress me out, far more than it would our customers, so it's also for my sanity lol.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

After seeing Holosun offerings at SHOT, I will be grabbing a couple more and your plate will be what I mount with.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Just an update on the CHPWS V3 plate. I hit just over 3100 rounds on my gen4 19. I removed the RMR and plate and installed it on to my Gen5 19. Target is to put around the same round count in the next 2 months and pop it back off. No issues so far with the plate. I will be ordering new hardware ($2.50) before the next install. I have to say I am excited for the FCD plate to come out soon. I will be sure to pick one up and put it on one of my MOS guns.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:59:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just an update on the CHPWS V3 plate. I hit just over 3100 rounds on my gen4 19. I removed the RMR and plate and installed it on to my Gen5 19. Target is to put around the same round count in the next 2 months and pop it back off. No issues so far with the plate. I will be ordering new hardware ($2.50) before the next install. I have to say I am excited for the FCD plate to come out soon. I will be sure to pick one up and put it on one of my MOS guns.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/490874/20200126_213533_jpg-1251481.JPG
View Quote
What happened with the hardware?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What happened with the hardware?
View Quote
I have one screw that is a little loose when the driver inserted.  I would like to replace it so I dont run into problems later own the road.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have one screw that is a little loose when the driver inserted.  I would like to replace it so I dont run into problems later own the road.
View Quote
Our armorers are replacing screws anytime the optic comes off.  This lessens the breakage problems.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/490874/20200126_213533_jpg-1251481.JPG
View Quote
Is that aluminum shaving off?  Or thread locker?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Is that aluminum shaving off?  Or thread locker?  
View Quote
Thread locker
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Second update:

I was able to get some training in today at Sugar Creek. In my last post I removed the CHPWS v3 plate from my Gen4 MOS with 3100 rounds to a brand new Gen 5 19 MOS. I was able to get 519 rounds down ranger today. So the original plate is at 3619 with original hardware on two different guns with no issues.

Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Second update:

I was able to get some training in today at Sugar Creek. In my last post I removed the CHPWS v3 plate from my Gen4 MOS with 3100 rounds to a brand new Gen 5 19 MOS. I was able to get 519 rounds down ranger today. So the original plate is at 3619 with original hardware on two different guns with no issues.

https://i.imgur.com/IgEOv0e.jpg
View Quote
Good to know you're not having issues.  I'll wait for the steel plate for my personal piece of mind.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good to know you're not having issues.  I'll wait for the steel plate for my personal piece of mind.
View Quote
Understandable. I am wanting it give it a fair chance to see if it will fail. I don’t like group think, I always like to find out for myself. I bought another CHPWS v3 plate for my other gen 5 MOS just because Iam impatient waiting for the FC plate.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just got a G45 MOS (have not fired it yet), Trij RMR06-C-700672, AC32064 mounting screws & sealing plate. Will mount using blue Loctite.
I am looking at this for replacing the stock sights that are too low to use with the RMR:
https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/sight-sets/suppressor-night-sight-set-for-glock--prod53947.aspx

1) personal preferences for brand and sight color aside, does this look like an acceptable replacement sight?

2) I have heard that while I definitely need a tool to replace the front sight, that it is not essential to use a special tool for the rear sight replacement (was told the rear sight can be "tapped out" carefully, and new one carefully tapped in). I looked at the rear sight tools, and they're about $135, which for something I hope to only need to do once, seems excessive.  Am I misinformed about the rear sight replacement?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone else is carrying this setup, what holster are you using?

Thanks much for your help.
View Quote
You need a nut driver for the front sight. There are several to choose from. You can use a punch to remove the rear if you can brace the slide firmly(ie a vice with plastic or wood lined jaws).
The sights you picked will work but the tritium inserts will be a little low to be useful. I would go with the all black GL429 Ameriglo set instead. Same height as the GL329, a lower co-witness view.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:54:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#39]
In late October, @GS5414 said FCD wouldn't rush anything to market, it's true.  There is no rush, we don't care about being first, only doing the best we can, our development time is typically fairly long.

Since then, we've had prototype v1, v2, and v3, with v3 being the production version.  We tightened things up and addressed little imperfections with each iteration.

Compared to the Glock MOS plate, OPF-G, RMR (Optics Platform, FCD, Glock, RMR) feels quite different.  More about that later maybe, we'd rather let the users describe the differences

OPF-G, RMR is in production now.  Due to the tight tolerances and precision fit we've demanded of it, they're slow to run, we're not rushing here either.  There will be no tool marks or sharp edges.  I know these don't affect function, but little things matter.  ETA is 3 to 4 weeks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In late October, @GS5414 said FCD wouldn't rush anything to market, it's true.  There is no rush, we don't care about being first, only doing the best we can, our development time is typically fairly long.

Since then, we've had prototype v1, v2, and v3, with v3 being the production version.  We tightened things up and addressed little imperfections with each iteration.

Compared to the Glock MOS plate, OPF-G, RMR (Optics Platform, FCD, Glock, RMR) feels quite different.  More about that later maybe, we'd rather let the users describe the differences

OPF-G, RMR is in production now.  Due to the tight tolerances and precision fit we've demanded of it, they're slow to run, we're not rushing here either.  There will be no tool marks or sharp edges.  I know these don't affect function, but little things matter.  ETA is 3 to 4 weeks.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/781/OPF-G__RMR_jpg-1263659.JPG
View Quote
I see ETA of 3-4 weeks, I’m guessing this is when it will be added to the website?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:27:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Yep.  RMR version first, followed by Holosun and DPP.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a Gen4 34 MOS and I want to try the Aimpoint ACRO.

Anyone try that sight yet? How do you like it?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have a Gen4 34 MOS and I want to try the Aimpoint ACRO.

Anyone try that sight yet? How do you like it?
View Quote
I just got one this week. I will be running it this weekend. It’s my first pistol RDS.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Understandable. I am wanting it give it a fair chance to see if it will fail. I don’t like group think, I always like to find out for myself. I bought another CHPWS v3 plate for my other gen 5 MOS just because Iam impatient waiting for the FC plate.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/490874/28CC742C-6840-4980-945C-AEA681F2EA9C_jpe-1260494.JPG
View Quote
It looks like you are using their no threadlocker/nail polish over the top of screws instructions? Any concerns?
I've heard some rumblings of folks having screws backing out using their instructions...but as with anything, YMMV, I suppose.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It looks like you are using their no threadlocker/nail polish over the top of screws instructions? Any concerns?
I've heard some rumblings of folks having screws backing out using their instructions...but as with anything, YMMV, I suppose.
View Quote
You are correct, no issues at all on my 2 mounts so far. I only dab a thick glob in one spot. Let if dry then roll on.

Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Picked up a 45 MOS vs getting it milled due to having the versatility of being able to run RDS or just the cover.

I thought I recalled somewhere it was mentioned about having to use different screws than provided, or am I thinking of something else?

Ill be using either the RMR plate for a 507c or Vortex plate for a Venom I have sitting around
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Just ordered my CHPWS plate for my new MOS G17. Looks like they are backordered for now. Are they available anywhere else? I would get the FCD plate but those are several weeks away too. Really wanted to have pistol setup for a NV course later this month.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just ordered my CHPWS plate for my new MOS G17. Looks like they are backordered for now. Are they available anywhere else? I would get the FCD plate but those are several weeks away too. Really wanted to have pistol setup for a NV course later this month.
View Quote
I called CHPWS yesterday and was told that the V3 RMR plate will be available this week. I ordered two myself.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I called CHPWS yesterday and was told that the V3 RMR plate will be available this week. I ordered two myself.
View Quote
Great news. Thanks.
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top