Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 52
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Do we have a ball park on the cost of the plate?  Xmas is coming....
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 5:16:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Steel?  Aluminum?  It does not look like it's sandwiched in there like the CCH plate.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:59:45 AM EDT
[#4]
125.00 ....
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#5]
It’s steel but boy is that contraption a huge fail.  I’m waiting on Forward Controls plate.  I have no doubt it will be a Mos gamechanger.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking about getting a RMR for my son's G40 10mm for christmas. I know he loves Vortex gear but cannot find a plate listed.

what are my options?
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Still passing duty testing and winning....iam still not seeing an issue with V3 plates.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was thinking about getting a RMR for my son's G40 10mm for christmas. I know he loves Vortex gear but cannot find a plate listed.

what are my options?
View Quote
Pretty sure one of the MOS plates supports Vortex optics. I think it was the #1 or #4. Same footprint as the Docter optics iirc but someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Probably the info you’re looking for in here https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/glock-40-mos.1590741/page-8
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Pretty sure one of the MOS plates supports Vortex optics. I think it was the #1 or #4. Same footprint as the Docter optics iirc but someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Probably the info you’re looking for in here https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/glock-40-mos.1590741/page-8
View Quote
gracias
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Still passing duty testing and winning....iam still not seeing an issue with V3 plates.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/490874/Screenshot_20191213-111103_Instagram_jpg-1194168.JPG
View Quote
I don’t think C&H’s design is bad but I do think their choice in materials is.  I have no doubt that if you mount an rmr to a brand new alloy plate it will pass a torcher test.  I question whether after a battery change or two if it will.  I just don’t think the threads on an alloy plate can withstand repeated loosening and tightening and will fail.  Those are dice I am not willing to roll.  I’ll be waiting for Forward Controls plate.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don’t think C&H’s design is bad but I do think their choice in materials is.  I have no doubt that if you mount an rmr to a brand new alloy plate it will pass a torcher test.  I question whether after a battery change or two if it will.  I just don’t think the threads on an alloy plate can withstand repeated loosening and tightening and will fail.  Those are dice I am not willing to roll.  I’ll be waiting for Forward Controls plate.
View Quote
Concur.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I understand your point but the fact of the matter is its type III milspec hard coat anodized aluminum not plastic. I have moved my Aimpoint T1 to multiple different mounts over the years and never had an issue. CH design states not to use thread locker, only nail polish on the heads where it makes contact with the RMR. If the user follows the directions and torque values then see no issue. I really think this material argument is way blow out of proportion but it's what makes the end user happy then so be it.

Per the website

"Approved for duty use by over 200 Local, State, Federal and US Military units, this adapter plate will ensure your red dot stays on your slide where it’s suppose to be.  Period. "

Botton line it's the best option we currently have as customers. Iam also interested in forward controls plate, I hope it comes out soon.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a T1 mounted on alloy mounts also but we’re talking about a totally different application.  You have a slide reciprocating violently and an optic that needs an annual battery change.  The T1 doesn’t need to be removed from the mount for a battery change and it’s also not on a slide.  Regardless of locktite or not how many battery changes can the plate take.  I don’t think anyone really knows right now but I’m sure we’ll find out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I understand your point but the fact of the matter is its type III milspec hard coat anodized aluminum not plastic. I have moved my Aimpoint T1 to multiple different mounts over the years and never had an issue. CH design states not to use thread locker, only nail polish on the heads where it makes contact with the RMR. If the user follows the directions and torque values then see no issue. I really think this material argument is way blow out of proportion but it's what makes the end user happy then so be it.

Per the website

"Approved for duty use by over 200 Local, State, Federal and US Military units, this adapter plate will ensure your red dot stays on your slide where it’s suppose to be.  Period. "

Botton line it's the best option we currently have as customers. Iam also interested in forward controls plate, I hope it comes out soon.
View Quote
What exactly is the point of the nail polish? I installed mine and obviously didn’t have any nail polish.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Per the website

View Quote
If thread locker will ruin it, that further supports my decision to wait.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Poorman's version of thread locker.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If thread locker will ruin it, that further supports my decision to wait.
View Quote
Never said it would ruin it. It's just what is on the instructions.

Anyways, hit 1130 rounds this afternoon at Sugar Creek on my V3 plate with no issues or loss of zero. hope to hit 2k before the New Year as I have a NODs shoot coming up.

Link Posted: 12/14/2019 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Poorman's version of thread locker.
View Quote
Poor married man's thread locker ...
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I’ve got around 6000 through my gen 5 34 mos with the stock plate and 1 battery change with no failures.  It’s my loner pistol that I let other people train with that don’t have a dot.  Does that prove that the stock plates are gtg?
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I’ve got around 6000 through my gen 5 34 mos with the stock plate and 1 battery change with no failures.  It’s my loner pistol that I let other people train with that don’t have a dot.  Does that prove that the stock plates are gtg?
View Quote
I would carry It.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#21]
It’s definitely been a really solid set up but with the my other 2 setups being milled and the rock solid snap in the pocket install it’s pretty hard to have the same level of confidence.  My buddy has over 10000 rounds through his 17 mos with the stock plate and that also has had zero failures.  I’m really anxious to see what Forward Controls has in the works.  If theirs is similar to a milled install and with the already stated no sealing plate needed on the install it’ll be a very popular upgrade
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It’s definitely been a really solid set up but with the my other 2 setups being milled and the rock solid snap in the pocket install it’s pretty hard to have the same level of confidence.  My buddy has over 10000 rounds through his 17 mos with the stock plate and that also has had zero failures.  I’m really anxious to see what Forward Controls has in the works.  If theirs is similar to a milled install and with the already stated no sealing plate needed on the install it’ll be a very popular upgrade
View Quote
I agree. I hope they deliver for sure.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#23]
What are the lowest sights that will co-wittness on a G40 MOS with a Holosun 507c?
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:17:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, it exists! The V1 prototype FCD MOS/RMR plate! Will drop a few more pics soon, maybe on the IG page too.

Cleaned it up for the pic. It's the cleanest Glock I've ever had

Attachment Attached File

This was the first stab at it, and color me impressed. Got 1500 rounds fired in three range sessions (not a lot of fun, at times), and it has held up well thus far.

Everything held zero and returned to zero post battery change using VC3 Vibratite and Fix it Sticks, torquing the Torx screws to 15 in/lbs. Normally would use a Snap On tool for that, but didn't have one on hand. Torque was checked every 500 rounds, without any indication of screws loosening. I also despise all things Hex/Allen, so the Torx was a request of mine. The fit was nice and snug, the RMR having to be completely parallel to mount. Having both a front and rear fence is nice as well. Shooting is standard RMR/G19-G5 fare. B8 bullseyes at 25 yds. are cake.

Ammo fired was M882 124gr. GI ball, Hornady 124gr. XTPs, SIG Elite 115gr. and 124gr. FMJ (this ammo I don't like, very snappy even for a 9mm), and Federal 124gr. FMJ.

Side note, Hornady 124 XTPs flat out shoot out of the gun above. I've yet to determine whether 124gr. +P or 147gr. HST shoots better as a duty load.

I did rack the slide off a stanchion several times to no ill effect. This "test" is a bit overdone sometimes, as if shear lugs hold the first few times, it's probably just fine. The one thing you don't want is to damage the RMR, deforming the shear lug holes. Remember, steel vs. aluminum, steel will eventually win. The optic is going to take more of a beating through long term firing than anything else, and quite frankly, once somebody establishes it holds, how much force does one really need to cycle a slide, and how many times does one really anticipate that being necessary?

That said, the material choice puts me at ease. I wanted the interface between an optic and a reciprocating steel mass to be steel, and Duffy delivered.

It sits extremely low, and the base is wide enough to cover the entirety of the RMR, thus not requiring a sealer plate. The plate had zero tool marks and was completely flat and level.

I made a few minor recommendations to tweak for V2, and will continue running this one in the meantime. While I am always going to hold final judgement and let data drive preference, I feel this plate has really validated the MOS cut over some other methods, to include milling in many ways. As long as this fleshes out the way I believe it will, there's no real need to send a slide off, have it milled (quality is across the board depending on shop), refinished, be without the slide for some time, buy sealer plates, source new screws, thread locker, etc. If the tradeoff is that the optic will sit a millimeter or three higher than a milled setup, that is a good tradeoff to me - compounded by the fact there are a lot of MOS Glocks out there right now.

@Marksman14, I'm comfortable enough with what I've seen to send you a prototype plate to validate or invalidate my initial findings, if you're willing.

@Duffy, so far, a damn fine job for a first stab - looking forward to V2 and eventual production!

ETA - I requested FCD basically assemble a complete kit of plate, screws, VC3 threadlocker, and instructions. I hope he can swing it! I believe people prefer one stop shops whenever possible.

S/F
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well, it exists! The V1 prototype FCD MOS/RMR plate! Will drop a few more pics soon, maybe on the IG page too.

Cleaned it up for the pic. It's the cleanest Glock I've ever had

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/317179/IMG_7383_jpeg-1197520.JPG

This was the first stab at it, and color me impressed. Got 1500 rounds fired in three range sessions (not a lot of fun, at times), and it has held up well thus far.

Everything held zero and returned to zero post battery change using VC3 Vibratite and Fix it Sticks, torquing the Torx screws to 15 in/lbs. Normally would use a Snap On tool for that, but didn't have one on hand. Torque was checked every 500 rounds, without any indication of screws loosening. I also despise all things Hex/Allen, so the Torx was a request of mine. The fit was nice and snug, the RMR having to be completely parallel to mount. Having both a front and rear fence is nice as well. Shooting is standard RMR/G19-G5 fare. B8 bullseyes at 25 yds. are cake.

Ammo fired was M882 124gr. GI ball, Hornady 124gr. XTPs, SIG Elite 115gr. and 124gr. FMJ (this ammo I don't like, very snappy even for a 9mm), and Federal 124gr. FMJ.

Side note, Hornady 124 XTPs flat out shoot out of the gun above. I've yet to determine whether 124gr. +P or 147gr. HST shoots better as a duty load.

I did rack the slide off a stanchion several times to no ill effect. This "test" is a bit overdone sometimes, as if shear lugs hold the first few times, it's probably just fine. The one thing you don't want is to damage the RMR, deforming the shear lug holes. Remember, steel vs. aluminum, steel will eventually win. The optic is going to take more of a beating through long term firing than anything else, and quite frankly, once somebody establishes it holds, how much force does one really need to cycle a slide, and how many times does one really anticipate that being necessary?

That said, the material choice puts me at ease. I wanted the interface between an optic and a reciprocating steel mass to be steel, and Duffy delivered.

It sits extremely low, and the base is wide enough to cover the entirety of the RMR, thus not requiring a sealer plate. The plate had zero tool marks and was completely flat and level.

I made a few minor recommendations to tweak for V2, and will continue running this one in the meantime. While I am always going to hold final judgement and let data drive preference, I feel this plate has really validated the MOS cut over some other methods, to include milling in many ways. As long as this fleshes out the way I believe it will, there's no real need to send a slide off, have it milled (quality is across the board depending on shop), refinished, be without the slide for some time, buy sealer plates, source new screws, thread locker, etc. If the tradeoff is that the optic will sit a millimeter or three higher than a milled setup, that is a good tradeoff to me - compounded by the fact there are a lotof MOS Glocks out there right now.

@Marksman14, I'm comfortable enough with what I've seen to send you a prototype plate to validate or invalidate my initial findings, if you're willing.

@Duffy, so far, a damn fine job for a first stab - looking forward to V2 and eventual production!

ETA - I requested FCD basically assemble a complete kit of plate, screws, VC3 threadlocker, and instructions. I hope he can swing it! I believe people prefer one stop shops whenever possible.

S/F
View Quote
I have a few MOS guns laying around .  I'd be happy to run some rounds through it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks really clean.  Can’t wait to get my hands on one.  The edge to edge coverage of the rmr bottom is sweet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#27]
@GS5414

Looks good.  How about some closer shots of the RMR interface with the slide.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:01:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@GS5414

Looks good.  How about some closer shots of the RMR interface with the slide.  
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

No getting up out of bed after this, tonight. Woobie awaits. Burrito mode, activated.

V2 should be even better. Will keep hammering away in the meantime.

S/F
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:12:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/317179/IMG_7462_jpeg-1197730.JPG

No getting up out of bed after this, tonight. Woobie awaits. Burrito mode, activated.

S/F
View Quote
@GS5414

Thanks Bro.  LMFAO.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 6:29:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

S/F
View Quote
Looks great!
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

S/F
View Quote
I'll definitely be buying one of these when production comes out.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Thank you for doing the testing and initial impression on it

We identified couple of minor issues we needed to address the moment the first prototypes were made, but these issued didn't affect functionality and reliability, so we proceeded with testing, we had to make sure it does what we want it to do, looks are easy to fix.  The front corners will be better covered, this is a subject cosmetic in nature, and the exposed corners are tiny.  Those that know how we design anything also know we don't typically pay much heed to aesthetics, but leaving the front corners the corners seems lazy and an oversight on our part.

At this stage, I don't want to get into other features of the FCD MOS plate, but the attention to detail we're known for will be applied here as well.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Thank you for doing the testing and initial impression on it

We identified couple of minor issues we needed to address the moment the first prototypes were made, but these issued didn't affect functionality and reliability, so we proceeded with testing, we had to make sure it does what we want it to do, looks are easy to fix.  The front corners will be better covered, this is a subject cosmetic in nature, and the exposed corners are tiny.  Those that know how we design anything also know we don't typically pay much heed to aesthetics, but leaving the front corners the corners seems lazy and an oversight on our part.

At this stage, I don't want to get into other features of the FCD MOS plate, but the attention to detail we're known for will be applied here as well.
View Quote
@Duffy - Bout' damned time you're awake West Coaster! Here's my take on the corners, that you and I have chatted about. I'm not concerned, as priority is to make sure something is mechanically sound. That is a complex set of radii up there, but I'm sure you'll find the aesthetic tweaks needed. It certainly isn't lazy, an oversight, or pointless! Just part of a developmental process, one you've significantly accelerated by doing a bang up job the first time.

In a world of Glocks with random slide ports cut out because "reasons", optic cuts with poorly controlled dimensions and sometimes lack of refinishing, frame modifications that ruin the frame, "distressed/worn" finishes (like WTF is that crap...), the community needs more sensible and simple solutions that are built to solve real problems as efficiently as possible. Mind you all, not problems that a random sales or marketing director thinks are a thing, but rather problems that high volume and high performance shooters see regularly.

@sevin8nin
@-kentuckywindage-
@tnmnmnan
@DOE

I think you fellas will like what this kit develops into. Obviously, I am not going to get ahead of Duffy on some things, but my straightforward assessment thus far is overwhelmingly positive, and have confidence FCD will get it right - Duffy will not rush or cut corners, and will not do a premature product release. I've had a bunch of people tell me they wanted three and four of these already, which is good.

More to come!

S/F
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the FYI.  I really want this plate to work.  Looks very promising.  This will add another option to my Agency opting from getting a slide milled with my own dime/clothing allowance on a gun I don't even own.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@Duffy - Bout' damned time you're awake West Coaster! Here's my take on the corners, that you and I have chatted about. I'm not concerned, as priority is to make sure something is mechanically sound. That is a complex set of radii up there, but I'm sure you'll find the aesthetic tweaks needed. It certainly isn't lazy, an oversight, or pointless! Just part of a developmental process, one you've significantly accelerated by doing a bang up job the first time.

In a world of Glocks with random slide ports cut out because "reasons", optic cuts with poorly controlled dimensions and sometimes lack of refinishing, frame modifications that ruin the frame, "distressed/worn" finishes (like WTF is that crap...), the community needs more sensible and simple solutions that are built to solve real problems as efficiently as possible. Mind you all, not problems that a random sales or marketing director thinks are a thing, but rather problems that high volume and high performance shooters see regularly.

@sevin8nin
@-kentuckywindage-
@tnmnmnan
@DOE

I think you fellas will like what this kit develops into. Obviously, I am not going to get ahead of Duffy on some things, but my straightforward assessment thus far is overwhelmingly positive, and have confidence FCD will get it right - Duffy will not rush or cut corners, and will not do a premature product release. I've had a bunch of people tell me they wanted three and four of these already, which is good.

More to come!

S/F
View Quote
I can't wait!
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks like the best option for an MOS.  I still think I will prefer the AOS, but this will be a cheaper and quicker option.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Updates?

ETA:

With this plate (and the MOS in general), what transfers the recoil impulse from the adapter plate to the slide?

Since there are no bosses between the adapter plate and the slide, is it just the screws?
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Jesus those look HOT! Will they be made for the GLOCK 40 also? I'm putting together a GLOCK 40 10mm for hunting and would love one of these new plates for that.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 2:37:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Second update before some shuteye.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Crossed 2500 rounds now. It's taken work, but it's held up great thus far.

Shot on a cold range today, so I definitely was losing some sensation in my trigger finger, but managed to bust out a freehand 100-6X cold @ 25. Firing Federal 124gr. FMJ, I'll take it! HST would have been a bit tighter. And this is with a trigger that has more or less gone to hell. I've been unable to find the G19M trigger assembly, and must now visit the JohnnyGlocks store for some properly polished parts.

The plate hasn't shifted a hair, screws remain tight. Checked torque above ^

The plate body itself is taking some of the load of cycling forces, it isn't purely the screws. But, I'll let @Duffy tweak and explain as he sees fit as we move toward a V2.

As far as the G40, I don't see why this wouldn't work for it? Same factory MOS cut, is it not?

Although, mounting MRDS to 40 S&W/10mm Auto pistols always gives me pause . I know the ACRO holds up, but its a good way to kill a Micro T over time.

So, as long as this pans out, which I have every reason to believe it will, what optic should be next? Leupold DPP? Docter? Holosun? Something else?

S/F
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 4:36:47 AM EDT
[#40]
I would say the DDP, since Holosun uses same footprint as RMR.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#41]
There are no bosses between the plate and slide, we hold 0.002 tolerance on our plate, but what tolerance Glock holds may be different.  Being it's an optics platform, I wold reason it'd be as tight as ours.  The prototype plates fits the test 19's MOS plate cutout perfectly, but we need to test it with more slides and get repeatable results, this is also part of the testing.  The front and rear of the plate takes most of the load, if the fit is very tight, the screws will see minimal load, with the plate itself handling most of it.  In this, it's no different than Glock's own MOS plate on which ours is based.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Deleted
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Second update before some shuteye.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/317179/IMG_7499_jpeg-1204655.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/317179/IMG_7498_jpeg-1204656.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/317179/IMG_7500_jpeg-1204657.JPG

Crossed 2500 rounds now. It's taken work, but it's held up great thus far.

Shot on a cold range today, so I definitely was losing some sensation in my trigger finger, but managed to bust out a freehand 100-6X cold @ 25. Firing Federal 124gr. FMJ, I'll take it! HST would have been a bit tighter. And this is with a trigger that has more or less gone to hell. I've been unable to find the G19M trigger assembly, and must now visit the JohnnyGlocks store for some properly polished parts.

The plate hasn't shifted a hair, screws remain tight. Checked torque above ^

The plate body itself is taking some of the load of cycling forces, it isn't purely the screws. But, I'll let @Duffy tweak and explain as he sees fit as we move toward a V2.

As far as the G40, I don't see why this wouldn't work for it? Same factory MOS cut, is it not?

Although, mounting MRDS to 40 S&W/10mm Auto pistols always gives me pause . I know the ACRO holds up, but its a good way to kill a Micro T over time.

So, as long as this pans out, which I have every reason to believe it will, what optic should be next? Leupold DPP? Docter? Holosun? Something else?

S/F
View Quote
Quoted:
There are no bosses between the plate and slide, we hold 0.002 tolerance on our plate, but what tolerance Glock holds may be different.  Being it's an optics platform, I wold reason it'd be as tight as ours.  The prototype plates fits the test 19's MOS plate cutout perfectly, but we need to test it with more slides and get repeatable results, this is also part of the testing.  The front and rear of the plate takes most of the load, if the fit is very tight, the screws will see minimal load, with the plate itself handling most of it.  In this, it's no different than Glock's own MOS plate on which ours is based.
View Quote
Thank you all for the update, iam excited to see the V2 plate! If you need someone to test a prototype please let me know
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#44]
@Duffy

Do you have an idea of what the price will be?

I'm about to pick up a G45 mos next week and I am planning on getting an RMR by the end of January. Do you think it will be released by the end of January?
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Re MSRP, it’ll be reasonably priced.  For FCD, it doesn’t mean more or less than comparable products, it’s based on our cost
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Re MSRP, it’ll be reasonably priced.  For FCD, it doesn’t mean more or less than comparable products, it’s based on our cost
View Quote
Any idea of a release date?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#47]
I sold my 19 Gen5 MOS because screws kept coming loose and I stripped out my first RMR plate. I ended up buying a 19 Gen5 FS and having Jagerwerks machine it.

WELL looks like I'm going to need one of these new RMR plates after all!

Lone Wolf makes a "gap filler" thingy too.

I'm not much for comps but I already run an X300 anyway soooooo.

Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#48]
How about a shot of the Forward Controls plate under the rmr?
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Never said it would ruin it. It's just what is on the instructions.

Anyways, hit 1130 rounds this afternoon at Sugar Creek on my V3 plate with no issues or loss of zero. hope to hit 2k before the New Year as I have a NODs shoot coming up.

https://i.imgur.com/VepOkCH.jpg
View Quote
Just an update i broke 2k today on my V3 plate, no issue to date. I am hoping forward control starts production soon on there plate. I have another MOS 19 that is in need of a plate.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#50]
2000+ rounds on a Gen 5 G17MOS with the stock RMR plate, sealing plate, and Trijicon RMR. Torqued everything to spec, used the correct screws as shown in the documentation, and torque stripes applied. No problems, no backing out.
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top