User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#1]
First Hangun I ever bought on my own was a Llama mini max .45

I gladly ditched that piece of shit.  

I traded it, and a hundred bucks for a used Sigma .40 and a couple of hi cap mags.

I gladly ditched that piece of shit.

I traded it and $150 for a brand new Glock22, an extra mag, a fobus paddle holster, and 100 rounds of Golden Sabre in .40

That was 18 months ago, that Glock now has over 100,000 rounds through it with only one malfunction.  I was practicing reloading for IDPA and dropped the mag before the slide caught the lip of the last round.  It caught the shell, pinched it, and it came out of the mag, mag popped out, slide about half an inch back.  Racked the slide, round fell out, and slammed home another mag and went back to blastin.  Totally my fault.

Side note, lots of people say you shouldn't hit the slide release when loading a fresh mag, that you should pull the slide the rest of the way back.  Between doing partially loaded mag drills, loading and unloading it, and other stuff with that gun I'd imagine I've dropped the slide 2000 times onto a fresh mag with the slide release.  I have NEVER had it fail to go into battery like some people claim.  And this is not a gun that gets treated nicely.  It's gone 5 and 6 months without being cleaned, had cokes spilled on it, ex wife dropped in muddy really fine dirt once, etc etc etc.  It works, period.  Only pistol I can say that about.  I do have a wheelgun that's never failed either,  ammo did once, but not the gun.

ETA, all your page 3 are belong to me!
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 4:57:29 AM EDT
[#2]
First handgun was a Walther PP in .22lr.  Paid $200 new OTD in 1975 or so.  Traded it in 1979 for a bunch of stuff to a dealer.  I should have known that when my purchases exceeded what I paid by about a $100 that it was a bad deal.  Same gun at Earl's is over a grand these days.  Biggest mistake I ever made on a gun deal.  It was one heck of a little gun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I still have my first handgun, a Beretta 92FS Inox.
I still have my first Rifle I bought on my own also, a Norinco SKS.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I sold mine....

....but i managed to get it back....
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Brownign HP that had been badly rusted and then reblued....

I have bought and sold (or traded) many HP over the last few years, I just can't get enough of a liking for them

prefer the CZ75

I keep selling the AR15s that I buy, I have to stop doing that (I don't have one right now)
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#6]
6" Colt King Cobra. I still have it
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Taurus PT140

out of all the guns in the store..........that model fit my hand the best, it was the .40cal version.

I dont really regret selling it, but I kinda want it back because it was my first gun.......If I ever stumble on a steal/deal or private sale, I might buy it back.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#9]
1st was a Sig P220.  Couldn't get used to the DA/SA trigger pull & traded it towards a Kimber TLE/RL.  Couldn't have been happier.  No regrets at all.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#10]
A High Standard double barrel deringer in .22 mag. I delivered pizza and I wanted something (even if it was against the law at the time) It finally broke and I sold it off. I don't really miss it, it was fine back then but now days I wouldn't have a use for it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I sold my first revolver, but it was just a rimfire. My first centerfire pistol was a Browning Hi=Power and I still have it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, sold my first handgun, a Mark II. I don't feel bad though, for some reason it jammed a lot.

It still jams up on my cousin.

Link Posted: 10/25/2006 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Brownign HP that had been badly rusted and then reblued....

I have bought and sold (or traded) many HP over the last few years, I just can't get enough of a liking for them

prefer the CZ75

I keep selling the AR15s that I buy, I have to stop doing that (I don't have one right now)

If you're selling any more, send me an IM.

First pistol was a Glock 22.  I could shoot 3"x5" cards at 40' and make all the holes touch with that thing.  Much better than my G27.  Thinking of selling, though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#14]
My first handgun was a SW Sigma 40VE, I don't regret selling that piece.  I went on to Glocks and have never looked back.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I just sold the first firearm I ever bought (a gen2 G17). Maybe it's because I have another G17 (Gen3) or maybe its because I just recently did it but so far, no regrets.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Nope. Thankfully I still have my first handgun.  I have regreated selling every gun I have sold.  I am not going to make the mistake again.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:30:09 PM EDT
[#18]
My first handgun was one of those Calico 100 rnd .22s.  I kept it for about two years and sold it for about $200 before the ban went into effect.  That is the only gun I have ever sold in the 16+ years since I bought it and I have regretted it ever since.  While I do wish I still had it, it was a good lesson and I have vowed never to sell another gun.  Though I saw one in a gun store a few weeks ago and the guy wanted $950 for it.  Now I'm really never gonna sell another gun.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I never sold any gun I ever owned.
I had good advice growing up.

The first gun I bought for myself is a BHP MK 1 purchased brand new in 1987.  
She’s had some basic work (e.g. mag safety removal, crowned barrel, polished feed ramp and a respectable 5# trigger job) but, cosmetically, she remains as natural as the day she was born (grips don’t count).

The blueing is 100% - looks better than any "newer" BHP out there - they don't make 'em like that anymore!

Don't sell any of your guns ... ever ...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I voted no.....only because I cant find anyone stupid enough to buy it....

I hate Firestorm.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:18:47 AM EDT
[#21]
I got a USP 40 Compact with the stainless slide when I was 20.  I shot it at least once a week and started carrying it just after my 21st birthday.  I loved the gun, but it never shot too well for me.  I picked up a P226 later, which I liked better, but I couldn't carry it as easily.  I also got a 1911, same story.  After I tried a friend's G19, I decided to dump the HK.  I've never looked back.  I did get a lot of shit for selling an HK to buy a Glock though
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I've sold plenty of guns, and regretted none.

The first gun I ever owned was a Colt 9mm Commander that my Dad had given me for my 21st birthday.  I'll never sell it, simply because I had wanted it for so long, not to mention the sentimental attachment.

The first one I can recall actually buying was an Accu-Tek .380 PPK clone.  While it worked, it was an unpleasant little bastard to shoot.  The trigger was pretty tough and the sights were a hair above useless.  

Internally it was as rough as a corncob and had more burrs than a stray dog.   I held onto it for a couple of years as I accumulated more guns, then one day I thought, "what the hell am I hanging onto this piece of shit for?"  and sold it for, I think, $80 at a gunshow.

I don't remember what I did with the money, but I am certain that whatever it was, it was money better spent.

Since then, I've bought and subsequently sold several SIGs, Glocks, a High Power or two, a Kel-Tec, a couple Astras, a few 1911s, HK USP, Lugers, and I don't know how many rifles.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#23]
I sold a Taurus PT111 9mm (not the pro).  It was great as a small CCW and was pretty accurate, but the trigger was very heavy.  I decided I wanted a 40S&W for carry and went with a XD40 3". I carry it when my Springfield .45 compact isn’t the best choice for what I’m wearing.  I don’t regret selling it.  Now I have my eyes on the new Springfield “EMP”.  Sweet looking little gun!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top