Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#1]
this is the most disgusting post ever
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not really sure what I need my Glock to do better.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2261/YYX432-082616-217047.JPG
View Quote
If putting a few rounds in a piece of paper is all you want it to do, then it's good enough.

There's many reasons why the 1911 is not a commonly issued gun anymore.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I agree to an extent.

I shoot my 1911 better than any other handgun. I'm far more accurate with it.  HOWEVER, how much accuracy do I need in a realistic self defense scenario as a citizen? While I agree you can never have to much accuracy (if it's not slowly you down any) You can defiantly have to few bullets. I carry a G30S because it gives me 11 rounds of .45ACP vs the 8 in the 1911 and do so in a more compact and lighter (though bulkier) package.

Now, if I were to discover a double stock commander size 1911 that was just as reliable as my full size 1911 Range Officer. I'd sell the G30S in a heart beat and whatever else I needed to, to acquire one. BUT I don't know of any commander size double stack 1911. I Also don't know of any that's reported to be as reliable as a quality full sized 1911 they seem to be a bit hit or miss. If someone out there does, please let me know and show me sources, as well as how's their customer service?
View Quote
check out the STI tactical double stack. I had one in 45 and it was perfectly reliable. Even has plastic grip so it saves weight over a full metal version.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If putting a few rounds in a piece of paper is all you want it to do, then it's good enough.

There's many reasons why the 1911 is not a commonly issued gun anymore.
View Quote
Just to clarify, I was shooting my Glock 17 in that picture. The statement was made that Glocks aren't great at anything, but I'm at a loss trying to figure out what mine needs to do better. It carries well, it shoots well, it's easy to work on, parts are cheap and readily available, and mags are cheap and readily available. I think people just want a gun that gets them in the feels these days. For that, I have 1911s.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive decided to not make the move. I am going to keep what I have and just add another 1911 in the future. Its hard to be the Glocks for simplicity, capacity etc. I went and bought a new IWB holster for my 19 and my X300 so Ill keep carrying that.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Good for you.  Them rickety 'ol antiques will get ya kilt in da streetz!
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good for you.  Them rickety 'ol antiques will get ya kilt in da streetz!
View Quote
Yep, Grandpa's ol' geezer gun never works when you need it to ...  
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Was (am) a long time 1911 fan, used to EDC one. Time came to buy a new 1911 carry weapon, and I just could not spend the money on it. To get a good 1911 was more $$ than I had available, and you still had the nagging 8+1 issue. 

Ended up getting a good deal on a Springfield XD45. 13+1 capacity of .45, and I put in a match grade trigger that is as good as my 1911 triggers.

The 1911 is a good weapon, but (un)fortunately times and technology has changed weapons forever.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My CZ P-09 and P-07 point &feel a lot like a 1911

not near as good lookin though

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2275/IMG-9884-216221.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2275/IMG-3677-216222.JPG
View Quote
If I were ever to get into polymers again it would most certainly be with CZ's offerings; especially the P07. I love my CZ P-01 the best of all my handguns and carry it daily. My SP-01 and 97B are also up there. My Springfield 1911 Commander is probably my second favorite followed lastly by my S&W "J" frames and Colt "Agent". I carry each of the aforementioned depending/tailored on the situation... except for the 97B. That is a dedicated downstairs HD & range pistol and it's fantastic for those roles. The .38's do so well for pocket carry in a DeSantis "Nemisis" holster for the late night CVS runs for when the wife or kid are sick. The P-01 with it's aluminum alloy frame is definitely an easy go to for every day carry though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's because you want it to be, not because it actually is

Glocks are cheap enough to have one or two on hand. [color=#0000ff]Oh, and go with Dan Wesson. Better than Springfield, and best of all, NOT Springfield.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But its fat

Seriously though a full size 1911 is easier for me to carry than my G17.
That's because you want it to be, not because it actually is

Glocks are cheap enough to have one or two on hand. [color=#0000ff]Oh, and go with Dan Wesson. Better than Springfield, and best of all, NOT Springfield.
[/color]

Springfield's recent political decisions really fucked people's public opinion of them as of late... and rightfully so! I'm not getting rid of my very reliable and broken in Commander that is for sure. But they won't be getting any more of my business with that bum move to appeal to the Lib-tards that's for sure!
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I still love the 1911 platform for it's thin profile and great trigger.  Howeve I've gotten rid of all of mine and I just can't justify carrying a 41oz gun with 8 rounds of low-pressure, low sectional density rounds here in Montana.  New shooters love the trigger, which is a crutch.  The high cost to get a half-way reliable gun has finally turned me off and I've sold off all my specialized 1911 tools.
Maybe another day when I shoot paper at a range, but for now I need a higher-capacity handgun with better reliablity and minimal maintainence and tedious parts fitting.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I still love the 1911 platform for it's thin profile and great trigger.  Howeve I've gotten rid of all of mine and I just can't justify carrying a 41oz gun with 8 rounds of low-pressure, low sectional density rounds here in Montana.  New shooters love the trigger, which is a crutch.  The high cost to get a half-way reliable gun has finally turned me off and I've sold off all my specialized 1911 tools.
Maybe another day when I shoot paper at a range, but for now I need a higher-capacity handgun with better reliablity and minimal maintainence and tedious parts fitting.
View Quote
What do carry now if you don't mind me asking? In Montana you have threats that we don't in the south.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I switched to the 1911 platform many years ago, and recently switched from 45's to all commander sized 9mm's a few years back. I shoot all handguns the same give or take, Glock, M&P, 1911, doesn't matter. The 1911 shines for me in speed and accuracy under stress, the trigger isn't a crutch to me, more like an edge. The biggest downside to the 1911 platform to me is the cost and the fact that parts (for the most part) aren't drop in. I have always worked on my own guns but recently time restraints make it impossible to set aside the time to do things like fit safeties, triggers, etc.,

If your performance is better with a different platform, why not switch? No gun is perfect. Pick what's perfect for you. If I have more rounds, but less performance, how is that gun better for me again?
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I would never ever switch to all 1911's.  I would have a 9mm SFA at all times.  Even if just one-
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I agree to an extent.

I shoot my 1911 better than any other handgun. I'm far more accurate with it.  HOWEVER, how much accuracy do I need in a realistic self defense scenario as a citizen? While I agree you can never have to much accuracy (if it's not slowly you down any) You can defiantly have to few bullets. I carry a G30S because it gives me 11 rounds of .45ACP vs the 8 in the 1911 and do so in a more compact and lighter (though bulkier) package.

Now, if I were to discover a double stock commander size 1911 that was just as reliable as my full size 1911 Range Officer. I'd sell the G30S in a heart beat and whatever else I needed to, to acquire one. BUT I don't know of any commander size double stack 1911. I Also don't know of any that's reported to be as reliable as a quality full sized 1911 they seem to be a bit hit or miss. If someone out there does, please let me know and show me sources, as well as how's their customer service?
View Quote
My father has a Para Colonel LDA.  Commander slide on an officer frame.  14 rounds of 45 ACP goodness.  It has a fully ramped barrel that eats anything...... SWC's, HP's, WFN, RN, TC bullets, it doesn't matter.

That said, it would be a pig to carry.  The grip feels wider to me than a G21 and it weights 37 oz empty.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:18:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

check out the STI tactical double stack. I had one in 45 and it was perfectly reliable. Even has plastic grip so it saves weight over a full metal version.
View Quote
I was also going to suggest trying this out. They have quite a few offerings that would be a good carry option similar in size to a G19.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[/b][/color]

Springfield's recent political decisions really fucked people's public opinion of them as of late... and rightfully so! I'm not getting rid of my very reliable and broken in Commander that is for sure. But they won't be getting any more of my business with that bum move to appeal to the Lib-tards that's for sure!
View Quote
I feel the same about Springfield.  I will be selling my like new XDM two tone in .45acp with five mags for a great price.  Great gun, great CS, lousy corporate judgement!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What do carry now if you don't mind me asking? In Montana you have threats that we don't in the south.
View Quote
Glock 20 Gen 4 with Trijicon HD's loaded with Underwood 200gr HCFN.  If space is an extreme priority, I carry an HK P2000 in 357 Sig also with Underwood FN rounds.
Both are underpowered for our critters; just an OK power/weight ratio compromise for me.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Interesting as I have been selling off my 1911's. I still have a Wilson/mod colt, no-rail TRP and a 10mm Delta Elite. Sold 3 Wilsons, 4 Colts and a Kimber.  I like the platform and they are fun to shoot at the range. I feel like there are so many better carry options out there. Ill never cary a 1911 again. Right now my carry gun is a HK45c.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Massive. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's not really much of a move.  You realized your mistake, and are taking steps to correct it.  People buy glocks because they are good at everything, but soon realize they are great at nothing.
View Quote
My Glocks perform as well as I  perform. If Im working a training regime my Glocks will shoot better than I will ever need them to perform. Don't really see the niche that a gun twice the prices,  with less ammo and more problems that require a 1911 specific gunsmith would fill. "ohoh! maybe you need to try Wilson 47ds!" "OhOH have you taken your extractor out and looked at it over and over as everyone else, with Sigs, SW, Glocks, FN, etc, in the class is shooting?"
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My Glocks perform as well as I  perform. If Im working a training regime my Glocks will shoot better than I will ever need them to perform. Don't really see the niche that a gun twice the prices,  with less ammo and more problems that require a 1911 specific gunsmith would fill. "ohoh! maybe you need to try Wilson 47ds!" "OhOH have you taken your extractor out and looked at it over and over as everyone else, with Sigs, SW, Glocks, FN, etc, in the class is shooting?"
View Quote
A cheap 1911 is twice the price of a Glock!

I used to run 1911s and run 'em hard.  I know the ins and outs of using like that.  They are workhorses if you have one set up correctly, but those are few and far between.  

A Glock 34 is twice the pistol for my needs as a 1911 ever was.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm not really sure what I need my Glock to do better.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2261/YYX432-082616-217047.JPG
View Quote
Looks like your Glock is an X Killer!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top