Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same experience as Ed with the real rails seeming just a bit off. I brought the gun out today anyway. Assembled with a stock G19 upper. I put 7 mags thru it, only had 1 FTRTB on the first mag. Shot UMC, Federal red box, and sig jhp's. grouped better than with my G 19 without any middle finger pain. Shot 1 mag in the G 19 after just to compare-immediate finger pain, and my grouping opened up substantially. This P80 is my new fave!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Finished my pf940c this week, all stock except Apex trigger.  Cut the 4 tabs with an exacto knife, and the U cut with a Dremel.  Sanded and finished it be hand.  Feels good, hopefully will shoot it soon.  Will try to post pics soon.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 1:41:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finished my pf940c this week, all stock except Apex trigger.  Cut the 4 tabs with an exacto knife, and the U cut with a Dremel.  Sanded and finished it be hand.  Feels good, hopefully will shoot it soon.  Will try to post pics soon.
View Quote
damn an exacto knife? did it take very long?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
It wasn't bad, maybe 20 min a tab, just scored it and kept going at it in the same groove.  With Dremel I was afraid I'd accidentally go to deep, and I don't have a vice for the drill press to use the endmill bit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It wasn't bad, maybe 20 min a tab, just scored it and kept going at it in the same groove.  With Dremel I was afraid I'd accidentally go to deep, and I don't have a vice for the drill press to use the endmill bit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've inspired me.  I now want to do one using only a folding knife.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:41:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I did one by cutting tabs with red hot tip of a kitchen knife. Just cause)))
Turned it to 100% in about 40min.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#7]
On my compact (19 size) which has run 100% solid at the range since the second range trip (had a couple bobbles in the first few rounds on the first trip) I have been dry firing it a bunch at home and have recently found that it doesn't reset the trigger about 50% of the time when hand-cycling after dry firing.
It is more likely to reset if I pull the slide to the rear and let go (slingshot) vs riding it home.

It remains reliable at the range... no failures to reset under live fire at all.

Any suggestions as to what I should look at to see about correcting this issue?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Just received my Polymer80 Compact lower via USPS from Mag Commander. (Will post pics when completed)  All is accounted for and it only took 3 days shipping.  I received an email for repeat buyers knocking around $50 off the price of another, still free shipping I believe.  Total cost on another would be around $118.  First time using them, and their prices on what they actually specialize in selling is pretty damn good from what I can see.

Mag Commander, GTG!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought bomb making was illegal.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
On my compact (19 size) which has run 100% solid at the range since the second range trip (had a couple bobbles in the first few rounds on the first trip) I have been dry firing it a bunch at home and have recently found that it doesn't reset the trigger about 50% of the time when hand-cycling after dry firing.
It is more likely to reset if I pull the slide to the rear and let go (slingshot) vs riding it home.

It remains reliable at the range... no failures to reset under live fire at all.

Any suggestions as to what I should look at to see about correcting this issue?
View Quote
Take a look at the trigger spring, it should look like this. Proper trigger spring placement

I had the same issue.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Take a look at the trigger spring, it should look like this. Proper trigger spring placement

I had the same issue.
View Quote
Spring is in the proper place / orientation.
Just replaced that spring with a new one out of the parts bin and double checked it again.

Now it'll reset if I slingshot or ride home, but it will not reset if I hold the trigger back as I cycle the slide... so riding the reset appears to be out of the question.  Trigger stays dead if I hold it to the rear now.

Odd.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#12]
New full size model on the way via Poly 80 instagram.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Instagram.  A beginning look at what can be done with a PF940c frame with stippling etc. He's going to have a finished frame also.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#14]
My ODG compact frame just shipped from Brownells
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/312684/IMG-4599-237566.JPG
View Quote
I wish they'd quit teasing and release the blasted thing already!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are we talking 10mm, 45acp, 9mm Dillon size frames?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That grip does look a bit 'long' front to back... here's hoping.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Spring is in the proper place / orientation.
Just replaced that spring with a new one out of the parts bin and double checked it again.

Now it'll reset if I slingshot or ride home, but it will not reset if I hold the trigger back as I cycle the slide... so riding the reset appears to be out of the question.  Trigger stays dead if I hold it to the rear now.

Odd.
View Quote
Figured it out... connector issue.  Replaced with another new stock piece and it's fine.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 1:51:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if i had to guess i'd say no, the original full size frames went on blow out super cheap, the rear rail thing was an issue that they obviously fixed (some might say not completely but my compact has worked great) and i think with the success of the compact model they made the new full size model to mirror that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I wish they'd quit teasing and release the blasted thing already!
View Quote
Yup, I would love to replace my 940 full size with one. 
940c is far better design
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#21]
So, the plot thickens.

Apparently people are milling the pocket larger in the full size to accept the rail from the compact:

So, all hope is not lost with the older, fill size variant?  We just need someone to step up and produce them now...
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:17:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Just finished up my 80% build this week. I really love the lower- much better than the Glock stocker IMO. Between that and the upgraded trigger I'm a way bigger fan of this platform now although not sure you can really even call it a Glock anymore at this point.

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just finished up my 80% build this week. I really love the lower- much better than the Glock stocker IMO. Between that and the upgraded trigger I'm a way bigger fan of this platform now although not sure you can really even call it a Glock anymore at this point.

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1lm9p2Z3RqGH5GxFPsolqAD9uwrDPQw8L5A
View Quote
Real slick ro special!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#24]
PSA

Midway has a special going on for the full size PF940V1.5 for 60.00

The email also included the following aftermarket parts

Swenson 17 G3 slide - 160.00
Swenson 17 barrel - 95.00
Glock 17 Slide Parts Kit - 70.00
Glock 17 Frame Kit - 45.00

Total: 430.00 + Shipping

Damn...that's quite a bit cheaper than I paid for mine /Sadface
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
PSA

View Quote
I saw that and I am VERY tempted. 
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
PSA

View Quote
Ordered the PF940v1.5 and the frame kit.
Think I pretty much decided on an Alpha Wolf 34 slide.

In case I change my mind.
Does anyone have that slide(Swenson)?
Only found someone asking about it on calguns.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ordered the PF940v1.5 and the frame kit.
Think I pretty much decided on an Alpha Wolf 34 slide.

In case I change my mind.
Does anyone have that slide(Swenson)?
Only found someone asking about it on calguns.
View Quote
Well, just dicking around on the web it looks like Swenson also makes 1911 parts. Some say Swenson is owned by Midway but also sold by Brownells. 1911 forum says the parts are loosey goosey junk that are just using the Swenson name.

1911 Forum Link

I don't know and never heard of them, or Armand Swenson, before...most likely because I'm a moron but...there are more post on the web pointing to junk. That's a shame as the price point is noice!
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Never heard of the Swenson slides before, but they look just about identical to the Dasan Machineries slides that Lonewolf used to sell before they changed to their Alphawolf lineup.

I'm just guessing here, but it looks to me that Midway (or whoever) is having these slides made for them by Dasan.

I have a few of the Dasan-made Lonewolf slides, and so far I have been pretty happy with them - they seem like a well made product.  So if these Midway slides are indeed made by Dasan, they should be GTG.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a feeling that these are going to be around for a while.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

His first finished compact instagram
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1lm9p2Z3RqGH5GxFPsolqAD9uwrDPQw8L5A
View Quote
Which frame is that?  The aggressive or textured?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's just the standard textured frame- I didn't mod one of the plain frames. The grip is awesome, it would be very difficult to improve on it with a custom stipple job on their ready-mod frame IMO. Could maybe see stippling the accelerator cut area on the already textured frame but the ledge sticks out enough that I don't think it's necessary.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's just the standard textured frame- I didn't mod one of the plain frames. The grip is awesome, it would be very difficult to improve on it with a custom stipple job on their ready-mod frame IMO. Could maybe see stippling the accelerator cut area on the already textured frame but the ledge sticks out enough that I don't think it's necessary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it feel more grippy than a regular 19?  Is it any skinnier?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Does it feel more grippy than a regular 19?  Is it any skinnier?
View Quote
Yeah it's way more grippy. Let me put it this way, if a standard 19 felt like this I really doubt stippling would have taken off the way it did. Don't think there's too much difference in terms of width.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:39:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Got my second P80 compact frame together with a stainless Lone Wolf/Dasan .40/357 slide, with a 357 barrel...shoots great, accurate, cycles well, but CONSTANT brass to face. I need to check if Lone Wolf actually sent a .40 extractor or not, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who's never had a Glock throw brass backwards at me until now, so this is new to me...holy cow does it chuck .357 brass with some authority

Shit hurts, too

Near as I can figure it's actually hitting the mag feed lips and punting itself out using those, I think...I wasn't really able to diagnose/debug the problem last night, I'll be doing that tonight.

Other than that though - the frame's gripping surfaces worked really well for something with a bit more energetic recoil than a 9mm; if it were a Gen 3 or even Gen 4 frame I'm pretty sure it would have just slid around under recoil. The P80 frame hung tight.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's NOT associated with Armand Swenson, he passed away DECADES ago. He basically was the father of 1911 customizing. His "full house" customizing jobs on Colt 1911's bring a shit load of money today.

Article in the American Rifleman on Armand Swenson
View Quote
Correct and I should've mentioned in my post that, in the article I linked, there were some that thought there may some who were trying to capitalize by an association of name and/or brand.

Anyways, I heard from a old friend who has purchased a 1911 barrel from Swenson and he wasn't very impressed, "Complete Crap". according to him
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Got my second P80 compact frame together with a stainless Lone Wolf/Dasan .40/357 slide, with a 357 barrel...shoots great, accurate, cycles well, but CONSTANT brass to face. I need to check if Lone Wolf actually sent a .40 extractor or not, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who's never had a Glock throw brass backwards at me until now, so this is new to me...holy cow does it chuck .357 brass with some authority

Shit hurts, too

Near as I can figure it's actually hitting the mag feed lips and punting itself out using those, I think...I wasn't really able to diagnose/debug the problem last night, I'll be doing that tonight.

Other than that though - the frame's gripping surfaces worked really well for something with a bit more energetic recoil than a 9mm; if it were a Gen 3 or even Gen 4 frame I'm pretty sure it would have just slid around under recoil. The P80 frame hung tight.
View Quote
To test that 'hitting the mag feed lips' idea, single load a round, drop the mag and fire it... does it eject the same way or a different angle?
If there's no mag for the brass to hit, it should go a different way... assuming it's hitting the feedlips.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's NOT associated with Armand Swenson, he passed away DECADES ago. He basically was the father of 1911 customizing. His "full house" customizing jobs on Colt 1911's bring a shit load of money today.

Article in the American Rifleman on Armand Swenson
View Quote
I was curious about that, I have an old GI gun with some of his mods... his work was spectacular for the time.
I'm guessing his heirs haven't held a trademark on his name so the "Swenson" branding likely will be free to have that 'Hey, I've heard of him before' effect from most gun guys.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

To test that 'hitting the mag feed lips' idea, single load a round, drop the mag and fire it... does it eject the same way or a different angle?
If there's no mag for the brass to hit, it should go a different way... assuming it's hitting the feedlips.
View Quote
That works with 1911s...not so much with Glocks. 50/50 chance of it exiting the ejection port in a random direction, or down the grip. Glocks are notorious for not working like anyone would expect without a mag in it...
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Attachment Attached File
Got 100 rounds of Blazer Brass 124 through Hanna today. Everything working ok, but ejection is a little weak. It's a Gen1 slide so maybe I need to swap the plunger spring. Could be worn I suppose. 
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That works with 1911s...not so much with Glocks. 50/50 chance of it exiting the ejection port in a random direction, or down the grip. Glocks are notorious for not working like anyone would expect without a mag in it...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wound up bending the ejector out to the left...I need to figure out the optimal angle still, but that worked wonders for moving the ejection pattern to not be in my face I got a couple of pieces of brass falling on top of my head, but for the most part it was over my right shoulder, over 100 rounds. I inspected the brass after my first range trip and the ejector was striking nearly on the primer; it was really close to the primer pocket. Since it was trying to punch it straight out the front, of course some of it would kick straight back at me...bending the ejector out to the left is forcing it to pivot in the extractor more, so it now tends to go at least a bit more to the right. I'm probably going to have to order a second ejector and housing (since I can't seem to find an ejector being sold by itself anywhere) because I'm afraid if I bend this one any more I might break it, and I'm not done testing to see how far I should bend it
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Deleted
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Are there any actual pictures of the new color options for the Compact frame? I'm trying to decide which color(s) I want to get.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Are there any actual pictures of the new color options for the Compact frame? I'm trying to decide which color(s) I want to get.
View Quote
I'm trying to load a picture of my OD green 19, but tiny pic wont work and photobucket wants me to pay. Any other upload sites?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm trying to load a picture of my OD green 19, but tiny pic wont work and photobucket wants me to pay. Any other upload sites?
View Quote
http://imgur.com/
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Here is a glock 19 in OD green. Ive also got a 17 in tan and a 22 in white if you want to see those.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/B7Brg"><a href="//imgur.com/B7Brg"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#49]
When I click preview it shows the picture, when I submit it lists the link.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Finally...

Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top