BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tend to agree. But won’t a quality FMJ of the same bullet weight at the same velocity penetrate just as deep?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
A 45 ACP or really any standard auto cartridge loaded with hard cast, will penetrate any living creature in the lower 48... or more.. reference dude who shot and killed an attacking griz with his 9mm in Alaska a couple years ago.
I tend to agree. But won’t a quality FMJ of the same bullet weight at the same velocity penetrate just as deep?
Possibly but fmj rn don't usually penatrate as strait and even fn fmj tend to have smaller metplates so damage is less. I've also seen fmjs become deformed which hinders penatration.

I've carried American eagle 147gr fmj-fn as an East coast woods load. I've killed a few deer with it too. It's ok.

The difference between 9mm loads, to include gold dots/hst and even a mid range .45 Colt is night and day. A 250gr swc at 1100fps +/- a few is a much better killer.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top