BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 2:03:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The idea is that after you do your sheepdog duties you then take the banner out of a pouch on your belt.  Then you drape it on and continue scanning the area while the cops are on the way.  They then see a good guy with the sash and don't fire upon you.  It basically differentiates you from the wolves.  I personally think it should say sheepdog rather than CCW.

NO it does not differentiate you from the bad guys.  Cops show up you have the banner BFD.  There is a reason cops are trained that if you are involved in an off duty incident ––-do what the responding officers tell them to when they tell them to do it and worry about id'ing yourself later.  That hollywood bullshit of oh I'm a cop wave the badge cops relax is exactly that, hollywood bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The idea is that after you do your sheepdog duties you then take the banner out of a pouch on your belt.  Then you drape it on and continue scanning the area while the cops are on the way.  They then see a good guy with the sash and don't fire upon you.  It basically differentiates you from the wolves.  I personally think it should say sheepdog rather than CCW.

Sheepdog?? Your kidding right? This is retarded.. Someone is a wannabe cop..
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sheepdog?? Your kidding right? This is retarded.. Someone is a wannabe cop..

HA, no shit.

The banner is a retarded idea, any way you slice it.  As MANY of us have already stated in this thread, that piece of crap is NOT what's gonna keep you from getting shot by the good guys.

Link Posted: 9/8/2009 12:38:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Like any cop is going to bother reading what's on your little sash.  They'd be more likely to just assume the wearer was riding a bike.
How many people even know what CCW is supposed to mean??? How many states have a "CCW" license?  It's a CPL in WA, a CHL in Va, etcetera.

I'd rather just continue to pay attention to my surroundings so the responding police (or the bad guy's buddies for that matter) don't surprise me, and I can either holster my gun, or place it on the ground as they approach.
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 4:39:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Luckily I have that exact pattern tattooed down my back.

But this sash is good for colder weather.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Luckily I have that exact pattern tattooed down my back.

But this sash is good for colder weather.

I will consider doing the same.  As a sheepdog I must always be aware of new tactical ideas.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is right there with the tactical sandals.

Not tactical. No picatinny rails or "tactical" gear pockets or Vibram lugs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, there's a "tactical" everything nowadays.  I can still remember when that word wasn't so damn cliche and overused.  I'm pretty sure someone out there now makes a tactical thimble, or a tactical toothpick.

How about a tactical slim jim, for operators to snack on during ops.

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#10]
They've even made bacon "tactical" now!

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/images/1325-1056.jpg

WTF???

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/images/1325-1056.jpg
WTF???

It is a real product. I have never had it before, but I have heard that it is pretty good.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:16:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Jesus Christ, this is hillarious!  Here's three things, that won't cost you a penny, that will help save your life when we show up:
1) Call 9-1-1 from your cell phone (which thankfully was still on your belt because this gay sash didn't take up it's space), and tell them where you are and what you're wearing so I'll have an idea of who not to shoot.
2)  Listen to what the fuck we're telling you.  I don't care what you have to say unless it's that another BG is trying to sneak up on ME!
3)  Stay out of our way (phsycially and verbally) once you're relieved of your weapon and probably handcuffed.  Don't say shit until your lawyer comes.  What?? You don't have the number of a good attorney already???  You're two steps behind already....

Just my $.02 from personal experience.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks like a lead magnet!
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#15]
This has got to be some form of anti carry propaganda.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No thanks,I will keep my CCW badge right on my belt where it belongs!

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:12:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow, and I thought the badge was gay.

PS: With or without your Level IIa sash, expect to eat pavement when the cops arrive. They're probably going to hurt your feelings too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll stick with my CCW badge, thank you very much!

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't need any damned sash; I'll just throw on a pair of these to let LE know for sure that I'm one of the good guys.

LA Police Gear has 'em.

5.11 Tactical Sandals
Retail price: $19.99
Our price: $4.99
You save: $15.00

SKU #: 511-2-15000
Size:

Quantity:

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Do people actually worry about this?

WHo friggin carries a badge?

Awwwwwww....... Fer fu%^s sake.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tactical 5.11 soles and level 3  Kevlar toe thongs.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top