Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2021 5:15:15 PM EDT
I'm very aware that Glock factory magazines are the way to go.  But if you can't find those what would be your second choice for double stack 9mm magazines?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
ETS. Their 17s, 31s, and 40s all work good so far.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely Magpul Pmags. Been using them as range mags since they released and haven't had any issues with them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I only buy oem mags for pistols, cant find them in stock I guess I aint buying more mags.

That said they are in stock in places, albeit for more than what they were 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the Magpul GL9 mags in 17 , 21 and 27 rounders in my Glocks and PCC , They work excellent. I like SGM and KCI Korean mags but they are a little iffy with some steel case ammo.

Glock OEM are best though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Magpul.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely Magpul Pmags. Been using them as range mags since they released and haven't had any issues with them.
View Quote

I have a combination of OEM (70%) and Magpul (30%) for all of my Glocks (that Magpul makes mags for), with the exception of my Glock 26-I dont care for the Magpul G26 mag.

I bought a bunch of the Magpul mags before the 2016 election and now use nothing but Magpul at the range.  Never one issue at all....I feel good using Magpul in my HD pistols, but I do have the HD pistols with Glock mags.

I have never used ETS or the Korean mags, but I hear very good reviews on them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Korean
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Korean
View Quote

Honestly, we ran KCI mags in a couple of our range Glock 19s for a year just to see how they were. Never had any issues with the mags and they probably saw at least 1000-2000 rounds per week.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Magpul... my experience with ETS is they are brittle.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I've run over a thousand rounds through my ETS clear mags without issues with Brass ammo.

Steel cased ammo was an issue the one time I tried.

Magpul has been without issue with Brass ammo and snap caps.  17, 21 and 27 versions.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:45:33 AM EDT
[#11]
My OEM and KCI mags run so well I can't tell a difference without looking at the makings. I've added Magpuls as a third. No problems out of any them.

I have more KCI 33 rounders than any other, and they've been flawless in my AR9/Stern, P80, and Strike80.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm sorry but IMO, there is no reason to look for or spend money on a second best. Glock mags are the most reliable, inexpensive and can be found everywhere. If you can't find them then you aren't looking very hard.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Magpul ones finally work. Beware the LGS tho. Some still have the original run of busted ones on the shelf
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#14]
OEM no issues, Magpul no issues KCI seems to have feed issues but I have their early production ones only, not sure if they were the buggie ones
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OEM no issues, Magpul no issues KCI seems to have feed issues but I have their early production ones only, not sure if they were the buggie ones
View Quote

Clean up any plastic the follower may be rubbing on, and make sure there is no plastic flashing on the follower itself. All mine were 6 bucks well spent, they work just like factory mags.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#16]
ETS mags work okay but not with steel case ammo.  I have zero experience using the Magpul magazines.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:48:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm sorry but IMO, there is no reason to look for or spend money on a second best. Glock mags are the most reliable, inexpensive and can be found everywhere. If you can't find them then you aren't looking very hard.
View Quote

I'd like to buy some 30+ rounders cheap and stack them deep.  I can get all the ETS mags I want.  Do you know anywhere I can do that with Glock factory at non-rapey prices?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Mine have all been 100% reliable with brass/nickel.

I keep a 21 rounder in a pouch mounted to the console of the car.  They're great.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'd like to buy some 30+ rounders cheap and stack them deep.  I can get all the ETS mags I want.  Do you know anywhere I can do that with Glock factory at non-rapey prices?
View Quote

Took less then a minute to google and find 2 places that have Glock OEM factory 9mm 33rd mags in stock for $35ea (Natchez and Prepper Gun Shop).

Is $35 2x what an ETS mag goes for? Sure but the OEM mag will last 2x as long. Your money so do what you want but I'd stick with the OEM's
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dack Outdoors. I'm not sure how they even make money selling Glock OEM mags. Maybe they are a loss leader. Takes a while for them to arrive. But I have received every one of my orders.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Dack Outdoors. I'm not sure how they even make money selling Glock OEM mags. Maybe they are a loss leader. Takes a while for them to arrive. But I have received every one of my orders.
View Quote

I have yet to receive a dack order. They confirm my order, and them approximately 3 weeks later they cancel them. Happened twice, and I just asked for my money back.
They don't have actual inventory that I can see, just have shit dropped shipped.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#22]
SHIELD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top