Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2024 10:35:25 PM EDT
for those who do group rides, what do you like for intercom and bluetooth capabilities?

sena? ride kinda? something else?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:50:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rbass] [#1]
See what brand the majority of your group use and get that. It will be a LOT easier to mesh with the same brand of the group than a different brand radio.

That said I really like my Cardo Packtalk Bold.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Cardo and Sena are both top notch. Each has pros and cons.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:29:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SweetKnuckles] [#3]
Have a Sena 20s someone gave me.

Cannot endorse at least this model

Horrible program to change settings - Windows 3.1 style and very clunky
**edit**  just found out there’s an app - maybe that will work better
Even w speed sensitive volume disabled it sporadically changes volume autonomously

Build quality is solid, though

Friend bought a UClear setup he is happy with and the setup app is user friendly but build quality doesn’t appear as tough as the Sena

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Sena can be fickle unless everyone has the same model.  But even then, some of their models only allow 3 to connect at a time.  Sucks because we have 4 guys in our group, and two of them have the lower tier Sena.  

That being said, my older 20s has been good to me.  Clarity is there, people I'm talking to can hear and understand me, even with phone calls.  Battery life is good as well.  Group I ride with will often go out for 8 hours at a time, and my Sena makes it through.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't ride in a pack, but ive got an older Uclear set for phone and music
Uclear has the best speakers and they're integral mics simplify things.

Just bought a new helmet (Arai XD4) so looking for someone new.
Would prefer a low profile option but the ones I've found all have their drawbacks ..
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a sena, 20S if I remember right.  It was on my helmet for about a day.
Biggest complaint was the mount.  It clipped onto the bottom of the helmet, extending down about an inch.  Caught on my shoulder every time I turned my head, and the helmet sat sideways on a flat surface.
The UI was terribad.  The buttons/dials and press/hold this button, tap the device twice, stand on one leg and rotate the dial clockwise, etc made no sense.  The app was useless.
Took that off and sold it...

...bought a Cardo.  I'm running Freecom 4x's on two of my helmets (dirt and dualsport).  
The app is functional.  The voice commands work pretty well.  IT"S WATERPROOF.  Battery life is good (8 hours or so).  
Since I got the same kit on two helmets and I won't ever be using both helmets at once, I can take the 2nd unit and swap out on my helmet when its battery dies.  On my big bike I can charge it in the side case.  

Biggest thing is to get the same make and model~ish that your riding partners use.  They have some compatibility modes, but you lose a lot of features (call quality, mesh) using that.  

I don't use it for the intercom, just bluetooth to phone for music and radio for radio.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:04:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR15Texan] [#7]
Not happy with uClear for mesh network group intercom, bought Cardo Bold as a replacement.
Link Posted: Yesterday 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Currently using Sena, but will be switching to Cardo Edge. Way more versatile. You can take the modules off and put them on headphones. That will be handy for lawnmowing or communicating with someone in a car.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top