Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
what did you cook today? (Page 53 of 83)
Page / 83
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
@Reno_Raines What's half a Wagyu run?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:13:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
@Reno_Raines What's half a Wagyu run?
View Quote

@cajunmojo I paid around $2500 butchered for the last whole steer butchered.  Buddy gives em to me at cost, he uses the wagyu bull to break his heifers.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Reno_Raines:

@cajunmojo I paid around $2500 butchered for the last whole steer butchered.  Buddy gives em to me at cost, he uses the wagyu bull to break his heifers.
View Quote

That's not bad. I wish I could get a deal like that. I'd have to buy a new freezer, but all that wagyu goodness...
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

Using the recipe on the previous page except I used corn tortillas and pepper jack cheese. Very tasty. Will be making these again.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#5]

That's not bad. I wish I could get a deal like that. I'd have to buy a new freezer, but all that wagyu goodness...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I can get you one, but you’ll have to drive down to W Tx to pick it up from the butcher. Should be a month out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 5:59:35 AM EDT
[#6]

I can get you one, but you’ll have to drive down to W Tx to pick it up from the butcher. Should be a month out.
View All Quotes

That's an awesome offer man! I don't really have the space for another freezer but I appreciate the offer.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285/image-2046606.jpg

Smoked pork chops, and oven roasted crispy parmesan Swiss chard and tomatoes (from garden)
View Quote

Recipe for oven roasted crispy parmesan Swiss chard @Cincinnatus?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Just cooked a cheap half price ribeye.  Smashed some garlic cloves under a fork and basted the steak in butter in a black steel pan with Montreal steak seasoning.

Came out good.  A little more done in the center than I prefer, but still very good flavor.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#10]
2 lbs cauliflower
1lb carrots
1lb green beens  2 cups cooked oatmeal
1 lb bacon  
2 whole Sams rotisserie chickens deboned
4lbs calf liver  
All chopped.      

(DOG FOOD!)

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#11]
For lunch today at work, a co worker and I cooked a pot full of red beans and sausage.  Used some of my home made sausage and some local tasso.  Came out very good.  

Tonight after supper I cooked a small-ish pot of chili.  Nothing fancy, just some chuck roast I ground up a while back and some pantry staples.  It will be my lunch for the next few days.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Made a pot of chicken soup today. Fryers were on sale, mom gave me some home grown red potatoes, and I picked the first bell pepper out of my garden. A crappy grocery store onion, some mushrooms and some carrots, and a few hours simmering left me with soup for the week.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:00:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BrowardMason] [#13]
I made Jamaican food.

Ackee with cod fish. Steamed vegetables.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:15:34 AM EDT
[#14]
A salmon burger with Cajun remoulade sauce and a side of pinto beans with jalapeno's.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 10:16:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: billyhill] [#15]
Originally Posted By Logan45:
Made a pot of chicken soup today. Fryers were on sale, mom gave me some home grown red potatoes, and I picked the first bell pepper out of my garden. A crappy grocery store onion, some mushrooms and some carrots, and a few hours simmering left me with soup for the week.
View Quote

Every post of yours, I read in my best Justin Wilson voice.

Breakfast was a frittata with home grown yukon gold potatoes and green onions from the garden with bacon, onion, mushrooms, and spinach.

Lunch was at church

Tonight, Tillamook's recipe for beer cheese and broccoli soup. Only change I made was a pinch of onion and garlic powder and green onions to the topping. Served with toasted, buttered bread.

https://www.tillamook.com/recipes/bacon-beer-cheese-broccoli-cheddar-soup.

Maybe one helping left over, highly recommend. (I did not puree)
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By billyhill:

Every post of yours, I read in my best Justin Wilson voice.
View Quote

Haha, you probably aren't the only one, I gar-on-tee!!  

Today i went to a crawfish boil.  Buddy of mine cooked the mud bugs, I grilled some sausage and boudin.  I was so busy eating crawfish and drinking Budweiser that I didn't even try any of the stuff I cooked.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Smoking a butt, leftovers will go into tamales or tamale pie. Chili Colorado time
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Lollipop Sesame Ginger Drumsticks

They were amazing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#19]
BBQ’d today. Ribs, pork steaks, chicken hips, boudin, and some veggies. Not my best cook, fought the wind all day. Had more smoke than heat. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:39:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: billyhill] [#20]
Chili colorado, soon...

Attachment Attached File

Gratuitous beer cheese soup shot

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Made a big batch of pork egg rolls. They were good but too much work. Was having trouble with the wrappers breaking too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#22]
With the price of wings going insane, I have been doing man-wings a lot lately.  Same recipes, just use legs instead of wings.  I did some in the air convection last night, finishing with Sweet Baby Rays.

I also floured and browned cubed elk meat last night.  This AM it went in the crock on low with cubed taters, carrots, a can of corn, and a can of green beans.  It will turn into stew by the time I get home for final seasoning.

A rack of spare ribs is thawed and at the ready for the smoker this weekend.

London Broil is on sale, so I bought three packs, cut them thin, seasoned them with cumin, NM chili powder, garlic, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.  I vacuum sealed them in three packs to mash in the rub.  I will freeze two and the third will be carne asada this weekend.

St Louis style right here from last smoke:

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By bc5000:
Made a big batch of pork egg rolls. They were good but too much work. Was having trouble with the wrappers breaking too.
View Quote

Made some this afternoon. Wrappers were pre fab from Walmart, filling was ground pork loin and veg from the garden. Used Helen Chen's recipe for dumpling filling to stuff it with subbing regular cabbage and other asian greens for nappa. Very meaty for an eggroll. Fried in Lard
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Last night we did steaks at my parent's house.  Did them on dad's new gas grill.  Not my best steak by any means, but it was pretty good nonetheless.  Grass fed, local beef.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#26]
What a weird food day.

Oyster mushroom and zucchini frittata with provolone for breakfast.

Leftovers for lunch (tamale pie)

Vegetable dinner, roast cauliflower, Yukon gold potatoes, corn and zuch. With steamed broccoli. Wife made a watermelon salad that was amazing.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Cooked up a storm today.  Lunch was grilled burgers, chicken, and boudin.  Burgers were a mix of grass fed local beef, and a chuck roast I ground myself.  Good, though I kinda over cooked them.  

For supper, I made a rice and gravy with some 7 steaks from that same calf.  Not my best gravy, but good nonetheless.  Had steamed broccoli on the side.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 9:27:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#28]
Originally Posted By BrowardMason:

They were amazing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276753/20220530_190201_jpg-2402570.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BrowardMason:

They were amazing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276753/20220530_190201_jpg-2402570.JPG

Tell me about the seasoning used here.

Thai basil pork belly.

#youtoo
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Saturday night I made orange chicken, pork fried rice, pork egg rolls and wild boar pot stickers with chili sauce.

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Two ways to do it.

1) Deep fry the pork belly first for crispy

2) In the wok until brown and chewy

Both good.

This was a wok version.

Marinate the pork belly (cut into bite-sized pieces) in soy sauce and fish sauce for 30 min to a few hours.

Heat oil in wok on high.

Toss in the pork belly and cook for 5-6 minutes until browned

Then add chopped garlic and chopped red Thai chilis (birds eye).

Cook for a minute or so.

Add more soy sauce and fish sauce (with a little honey, if you like).

Add fresh green beans (or any other veggie of your choice).

Then add a whole lot of Thai Basil, turn off heat and toss until wilted.
View Quote

Thanks! Going to definitely have to give this a try some day.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:18:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Cuban pork roast
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Czechnologist85:
Saturday night I made orange chicken, pork fried rice, pork egg rolls and wild boar pot stickers with chili sauce.

https://i.imgur.com/umbi3vt.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/OSokFBE.jpeg
View Quote

Nice spread, looks delicious.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Made some pickles and pickled jalapeños.  Jalapeños taste really good with a little heat. Followed Cooking With Ry recipe on youtube. Pickles should take a couple of days.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Cooked a bunch of sausage and boudin for our gang hanging out on the Calcasieu River today.  Came out great, which is king of surprising.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Approx. $1.52/lb pork loins, some very nice ones.  This is a half of the loin, rubbed with dillo dust and smoked:

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#38]
smoked sausage, scrambled eggs and potato hash for breakfast.

Long bean and chicken stir fry with onions and mushrooms for lunch.

Moo-Shu pork for dinner.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Two ways to do it.

1) Deep fry the pork belly first for crispy

2) In the wok until brown and chewy

Both good.

This was a wok version.

Marinate the pork belly (cut into bite-sized pieces) in soy sauce and fish sauce for 30 min to a few hours.

Heat oil in wok on high.

Toss in the pork belly and cook for 5-6 minutes until browned

Then add chopped garlic and chopped red Thai chilis (birds eye).

Cook for a minute or so.

Add more soy sauce and fish sauce (with a little honey, if you like).

Add fresh green beans (or any other veggie of your choice).

Then add a whole lot of Thai Basil, turn off heat and toss until wilted.
View Quote

Try adding a dollop of oyster sauce instead of soy at the end.  I know it’s crossing the streams, but it’s delicious.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Venison Shepard's pie and venison beef burgers are the lunch/dinner combo today.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Chicken enchiladas with charro beans on the side. Hadn't made charro beans before, they were okay but I think I'll stick with plain black beans seasoned with only salt and pepper.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#44]

I've done it with Oyster Sauce.  Sometimes it's just too heavy.
View Quote

If you stir-fry a lot, try playing around with ABC sweet soy sauce if you haven't discovered it already. Deep flavor, sweet and syrupy like molasses, I find it to be a much better starting point for stir-fry sauces than regular soy sauce. Can be cut with water or rice vinegar. It's a staple ingredient at the restaurant and at home.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#45]
I made French Onion Soup and Chicken Piccata yesterday. I used the Blackstone to start the onions and finished caramelizing in the pot. The Blackstone is a huge time saver. I did a whole bag of onions at once. In a pot, your onions would start to steam and not caramelize properly or you have to do it in several batches.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Sauerkraut...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

That's a 20 quart tote. Mistakes may have been made.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoting myself, because I cooked it again.  

Score the fat cap, dry rub.

Smoke at 225 until internal temp of 130.

Set Convection Oven to Convection Broil (or just regular oven at Broil).

Place in oven one rack down from the top, fat side down.

Cook until it starts to char and smoke.

Flip it.

Remove.  Wrap in foil and towel.  Let rest for 10 minutes or longer.
View All Quotes
Picanha steak

Quoting myself, because I cooked it again.  

Score the fat cap, dry rub.

Smoke at 225 until internal temp of 130.

Set Convection Oven to Convection Broil (or just regular oven at Broil).

Place in oven one rack down from the top, fat side down.

Flip it.

Remove.  Wrap in foil and towel.  Let rest for 10 minutes or longer.

I love picanha but haven’t made it in ages.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Pasta night yesterday.  I got out the crock yesterday around noon to make Italian gravy.

5 cans tomato sauce, one large can crushed tomatoes, one can tomato paste, 0.8lbs of home made Italian pork sausage browned.  Italian seasoning, bay leaves, salt, white pepper, crushed red pepper, and one lightly browned pork chop in the mix.  I ran it on high for 4 hours, then low for 2 until serving time.

Pork steaks were $0.99/lb yesterday, so I vacuum sealed 4 bags and deboned the remaining 4 steaks.  I seasoned them with chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cumin.  I hammered them out and bagged them for porky asada tacos tonight.

Country style pork ribs were also on sale for the same price, so I have a 10 pound bag to turn into Italian sausage this weekend. It will be nice with the vacuum sealer this time, instead of questionable zip lock bags.

I am going to shop for gumbo fixings today.  I thawed out my homie made andouille sausage for this evolution.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Tried a new thing today: Caprese chicken. It was pretty good even though I forgot the balsamic glaze. The mozzarella wasn't melted enough either. I'll be making it again and "premelting" the cheese.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Tried a new thing today: Caprese chicken. It was pretty good even though I forgot the balsamic glaze. The mozzarella wasn't melted enough either. I'll be making it again and "premelting" the cheese.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59505/20220617_114550_jpg-2421285.JPG
View Quote

That looks damn tasty!
Page / 83
what did you cook today? (Page 53 of 83)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top