Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 8:21:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Unbranded brand selvage is good. Selvage ok to roll at bottom. Preferred even. Could help with sizing issues
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm 5'11" with a 44" chest and 36" waist at 190 lbs. I've tried athletic fit from many brands and they don't fit me worth a damn. It seems like I've tried them all, and what I've found I like best are Wrangler stretch. Wrangler used to make a regular taper fit jean, which were regular fit in the seat and thigh but were tapered in the lower legs. Those fit me perfectly and didn't look baggy nor did they look like skinny jeans, but of course they are discontinued in all but their cargo pants.  I've since bought their regular fit stretch jeans and pants and those fit decent.  

My problem is that when I can find jeans that fit over my thighs the waist always has a huge gap in the back. That actually works well for concealed carry for me at the 4 o'clock position with stretch jeans.

Forget slim fit unless you're rail thin or 20 years old
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nate002:
I’m having trouble picturing a 5’11” dude that weighs 168lbs with a 38” waist (nohomo)

View Quote

He’s built like a flounder?

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got a pair of Vertx jeans.  Really nice soft material, very stretchy.

Fit is between skinny and straight leg I'd say.  Maybe just a tad too loose fitting, but OK.  Nice, trendy dark stone wash.

I'm 5'11'' 190lb and got a 32w 30l (I'm normally a 33-32, but that size was too loose in the waist and too long, so they seem to run a little big).

I might splurge and try the TAD jeans.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#5]
This is Jocko's company.  They have high quality all american made stuff.  Even cotton is US grown

https://originmaine.com/durable-goods/bottom-game/factory-denim-jeans/
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:29:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By nosh:
Just like cars, buy Japanese. Made with the same 100 year old American machines that used to make the classic rugged jean.
View Quote

Gustin has both American and Japanese denim. You’re welcome.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Dark denim straight cut. Super simple.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Prana, Kuhn and Vertx.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BLKVooDoo:
I am partial to Buffalo David Bitton's.
View Quote

Buffalo David Bittons makes good jeans. Occasionally on sale or clearance at Dillards for cheap.

Rock Revival makes some good long lasting jeans, but on the pricey side...and sometime the stitching is too gaudy
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Straight of slim Levi's will never go out of fashion.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:16:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy] [#11]
I’m in the same boat, heres what I tried over the last year:

Levis 501: hate them, was thinking of donating to a thrift store.

Verustleka tac pants:  pockets too big on front, my carry piece kept flipping over.  Look fuddish but comfy.  Sold on EE

Wrangler:  my faves but a little old school looking.  Ive tried three different models and like them all.

Silver:  bought two pair at a garage sale and I love them.  Went to buy new ones but they moved production to China and they were so different from the ones I have that I thought they were fakes and returned them.  Am now scouring garage sales to find more.

Target brand:  cheap, look and feel good but only dour or five belt loops.  Dont last as long.  This includes their Levis line for the most part, theres a few good models in there at times.

Lucky brand (from Costco):  looked average, fit ok, good price, I returned them
I get the most looks from the ladies when wearing target jeans in classic blue and regular fit
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 3:48:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackbird_Pilot] [#12]
These are far and away the most comfortable jeans I've ever owned.
Vertx Defiance
There is/was a discount code thru warpoet that makes them around $50. I think the code is "warpoet"
They have a gusseted crotch and articulated knees. Also have a couple extra pockets around 4 oclock up high that will fit an ar mag/phone/etc.

Also fuck levis. Used to be my main go to jean but they are very anti gun so they can esad.

Edit: Just verified the code is warpoet. Brings the price to $57 and change.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By nate002:
I’m having trouble picturing a 5’11” dude that weighs 168lbs with a 38” waist (nohomo)

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 4:02:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xanadu] [#14]
Dickies relaxed fit carpenters jeans FTW.  Not too $$, wears a long time and has a nice relaxed fit.

THESE ARE THE JEANS YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top