Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2018 4:00:13 AM EDT
Link

A diversity drive is spreading across the city as 78 schools in 14 of the city’s 32 community districts now boast plans that will give admission priority to predominantly black and Hispanic kids — and more schools will soon follow, a Post analysis found.

The patchwork of plans, while still limited in scope — the city has 1,800 schools — amounts to the biggest de-segregation movement in Big Apple schools since the late-1950s Civil Rights era, when there was an abortive program to bus black kids from Bedford-Stuyvesant and East Harlem to white areas in Queens, a top scholar said.

“I cannot think of any other time where there have been such efforts to try to alter the racial or ethnic makeup of New York City schools,” said Stephan Brumberg, a professor emeritus of education history at Brooklyn College and the CUNY Graduate Center.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:06:27 AM EDT
[#1]
They'll move to the burbs like all generators of wealth have done.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:11:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Other parents have pushed for the plan. Lauren Gropp Lowry, a white stay-at-home mom with a second grader at high-performing PS 321, said the current system lets schools cherry-pick kids. “It’s further sorting and segregating our children in a city that’s too segregated,” she said. “The highest performers end up at just a few schools, and that breeds a sense of entitlement in children and parents. But the highest-performing students are not always the hardest working.”
View Quote
It's difficult to grasp the kind of mind that comes up with a statement like that. Clearly, someone who is at odds with reality.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:16:05 AM EDT
[#3]
And from the same news source.

Good old Bill. When he's drooling out the side of his mouth he'll still be leering at the girls.

Sorry for the diversion, OP.

Left to right seated are Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson (obscured) and Bill "Slick Willie" Clinton (leering.)
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:16:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's difficult to grasp the kind of mind that comes up with a statement like that. Clearly, someone who is at odds with reality.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Other parents have pushed for the plan. Lauren Gropp Lowry, a white stay-at-home mom with a second grader at high-performing PS 321, said the current system lets schools cherry-pick kids. “It’s further sorting and segregating our children in a city that’s too segregated,” she said. “The highest performers end up at just a few schools, and that breeds a sense of entitlement in children and parents. But the highest-performing students are not always the hardest working.”
It's based on feels.  Behavioral Studies have already been done on children where they mix poorly behaved, low performance kids with the upper crust.  The upper crust descends into poor behavior and performance, not the other way around.

See Dr. Joyce Benenson's "Warriors and Worriers."
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:20:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I pay a shit ton of money for a tiny house to be near the school I want.

If they would artificially try and change that I would fuck off out of the city.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:32:37 AM EDT
[#6]
"The highest performers end up at just a few schools, and that breeds a sense of entitlement in children and parents. But the highest-performing students are not always the hardest working."
View Quote
Whoever said this needs to be fired immediately.

Also the bolded part has nothing to do with segregation.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:44:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmm. Rich white liberals don't want their kids to go to school with minorities? No shit?
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:46:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If they would artificially try and change that I would fuck off out of the city.
View Quote
Common here as well. We have a system in my area where parents can request their children be transferred to schools out of their assigned school zone. So, what happened in our case is my daughter attends a highly rated high school that was built to serve 1,200 students, but due to the out-of-area transfers, the school now has 2,000 kids. The other 800 kids are from a different city entirely -- a neighboring city with a high population is illegal aliens from Mexico. These kids enter the 9th grade with minimal English reading and writing skills, so the school cancelled their programs for gifted students and used the money to hire more bi-lingual teachers to teach these kids English.

That is wrong on so many levels.

1. The illegal alien kids and their parents have no right to be here in the first place.
2. The illegal alien parents are unsatisfied with the high school their kids are assigned to because the school is poor performing due to all the illegal aliens. So they transfer from their assigned school into a better school and bring their disease of "no habla" with them (as well as other diseases) and degrade the learning environment for everyone else.
3. In order to better serve these kids who have no right to be in that particular school, not to mention the country, the school cancels all enrichment programs for gifted kids in order to fund programs of remedial English and math for these kids who have no right to be here.

And if you say anything you're a racist Nazi.

At this point, my daughter's high school had kids attending from 15 miles away. Not even within the same school district. And this was made possible by California voters who give the schools whatever they want. And the schools wanted these transfers because they help spread the pain of poor performance so the worst performing school might perform slightly better (lower student/teacher ratio), which means they will be less likely to attract attention from the Federal Government.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:51:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
You have just described the basis of residential real estate markets everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:51:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"The highest performers end up at just a few schools, and that breeds a sense of entitlement in children and parents. But the highest-performing students are not always the hardest working."

The woman who said that was a white woman who has kid(s) in one of the best performing public schools in NYC. She's not a school employee.

She's basically saying her own kids don't deserve to be there and the fact they got there through achievement and merit will give them a sense of entitlement. She also thinks how hard one works should be relevant -- taken into consideration -- during the school admissions process.

Totally at odds with reality.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:58:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You have just described the basis of residential real estate ma4kets everywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have just described the basis of residential real estate ma4kets everywhere.
California school districts are working to end that system.

The libs inside and outside the school system think every kid has the right to attend whatever public school he wants to attend regardless of his home address.

They would end the system whereby home value is largely determined by school district and/or which schools are assigned to a particular home address. Like you said, that's the basis of residential real estate markets across the U.S.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 5:19:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 5:34:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Libtards out here fund and protect teachers unions + lousy public schools all the while sending their kids to $40-$50k a year private schools in the exact same mixed neighborhoods. You can see the difference in "complexion" of the kids leaving the public schools vs the swank private academies + Porsche's and Range Rovers waiting out front to pick up their kids. Santa Monica is all this.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 5:45:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Good. Fresh red pills for gen z kids.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 6:21:27 AM EDT
[#15]
They are fine with it until it actually touches them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 6:26:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Remember: access to white people is a human right.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 6:29:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hmmmm. Rich white liberals don't want their kids to go to school with minorities? No shit?
View Quote
This.

They'll argue until they're blue in the face about "racism" and "white privilege" ... until it affects them directly.  Then their tunes change.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#19]
ah, yes, the "white" NY liberals. ever see a rich liberal Jew in the company of a black person? they sure like to kvetch about the lack of diversity. but you won't see any of it in their neighborhoods or schools.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 6:52:54 AM EDT
[#20]
If liberals are anything - they are racists and supremely class driven and envious.  Once the "new" minority students get to their new schools, they'll be segregated away from the "A.P" classes.  Its the classical soft-bigotry that the Left loves; on the outside it looks like they are accepted - but in reality they are not.

A.P classes will have all the white and Asian kids that get 4.5 gpa.  Then there'll be the others. Separate but equal.

Same with sports; how many black kids have golf clubs and country club memberships? Oh - they're more than welcome to join...but bring your own equipment fool.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#21]
The old magic bullet of diversity.  It cures alll.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:08:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
ah, yes, the "white" NY liberals. ever see a rich liberal Jew in the company of a black person? they sure like to kvetch about the lack of diversity. but you won't see any of it in their neighborhoods or schools.
View Quote
I have, in court
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:12:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You have just described the basis of residential real estate markets everywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In some school districts each school has only one or two grades in them and all the kids in the city of those grades go to that school.  Then after a couple years the kids go to another school, it may be closer to home, or may be farther.  For example, instead of having 4 PreK-6 schools you have one PreK-K, one 1-2, one 3-4, and one 5-6.  And so on through 12th.

Also, some states do not fund school districts primarily through real estate taxes, schools get funding from the state general revenue funds.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Operative word there.  They enjoy feeling morally superior to others but don't want their "beliefs" applied in practice on themselves.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#26]
I went to nyc schools. I live in nyc. My kids go to school upstate. Fuck that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:41:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ive had familiy in Riverdale for decades. I've never heard a single soul ask for diversity.
Minimum wage and global warming, sure, never diversity in the schools that they work hard to be the best at.

Shit, the whole neighborhood just got together to kick a proposed homeless shelter, gov benefits be damned.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:46:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Someone should go to a school council meeting where the news is in attendance and throw that out there.  It would make national news, but the slant of the articles would be diometrically opposed depending on the news source.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#29]
I love when NY'ers get the diversity they preach about.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They'll move to the burbs like all generators of wealth have done.
View Quote
End of thread/
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#31]
White people are horrible and racist. Our children can’t learn unless they are around horrible,racist white people.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:51:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Why is it that when you leave people alone, they tend to segregate themselves?
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
More like "the opportunity to victimize whitey is a human right".

Lack of diversity is a selling point to me, and I've proven willing to pay more to get it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Someone should go to a school council meeting where the news is in attendance and throw that out there.  It would make national news, but the slant of the articles would be diometrically opposed depending on the news source.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2018/06/13/arizona-david-stringer-republican-immigration-not-enough-white-kids-to-go-around-in-public-schools/
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The woman who said that was a white woman who has kid(s) in one of the best performing public schools in NYC. She's not a school employee.

She's basically saying her own kids don't deserve to be there and the fact they got there through achievement and merit will give them a sense of entitlement. She also thinks how hard one works should be relevant -- taken into consideration -- during the school admissions process.

View Quote
These extremist leftists will throw their own children onto the altar of bullshit diversity myths.

She'll probably be pushing her kid to be trans in a few months.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Why is it that when you leave people alone, they tend to segregate themselves?
View Quote
well, they segregate themselves into like-minded groups who share similar values.  Unfortunately, in the US, it gets all mixed up with race, mainly for historical and political reasons, and because it's the most visibly obvious "difference" by which to sort people.

I'm middle-class white guy who believes in education and hard work, and there are trailer parks full of white people who don't, and I want those people kept far the fuck away from me.  Yet somehow both them and me get lumped in as "white" because it serves the liberals purposes...
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

She must be using Momma's Little Helper's
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's based on feels.  Behavioral Studies have already been done on children where they mix poorly behaved, low performance kids with the upper crust.  The upper crust descends into poor behavior and performance, not the other way around.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We see similar results in dog rescue, pair up a dog with behavior issues with a dog displaying none, soon both display bad behavior.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Asshat politicians are saying the same garbage here in NJ. They want to bus kids from Newark, Camden, and Patterson to schools that have less minority’s and ruin them too. NJ is also taking it one step further and mandating low income housing in towns that are “less” diverse so the rich and vibrant can move in. I grew up here and love NJ but they are forcing me out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#41]
NYC in the news again ...
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that tactic wont work...they'll twist it around by saying those "white" schools are getting better educators and resources which is racist (even though NYC probably throws a shit load of $$$ into those poor neighborhood schools too) and there fore must be opened up to everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Park Slope?

My ultra liberal sister is going to shit buckets! She’s not paying $5k per month in rent in Park Slope to have her kid mixed in with the hood boogers.

I’m curious to see just how “liberal” she will remain in the face of forced diversity.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is virtue signaling, knowing her kids will be out before it comes apart and they will jave less competition from their peer group that follows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top