Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2020 9:09:50 PM EDT
So I have been smoking pipes and cigars on and off since the mid 90s when I enlisted in the army. Recently i had to sell all my pipes and tobacco due to life and 4 years prior i lost my 300ct humidor and all my cigars due to divorce. I have been craving cigars again the past couple of weeks and contemplating starting again. Only thing that is really stopping me is the initial investment. I need a humidor,  cutter, lighter, and cigars. Probably be a 400.00 initial investment. I have been looking at 5 packs from jr again. Maduro,  obscure, and some other wrappers from punch, ryj, lgc, bolivar cofradia, and Arturo Fuente. Idk what say you guys.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The humidor could be very inexpensive. A Tupperware container with Boveda packs will get you through for a little while.

Cutter...cheap, Lighter...cheap.

The cigars will be the bitch to your wallet.

Cigarbid is the debbil but you can score some great deals.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#2]
No. Buy ammo, running shoes,  and get mentally and physically fit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Last time before i got my humidor i used cigar beads, Tupperware and a hygrometer. It worked for a bit, but I bought a humidor and nice cutters pretty quick.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No. Buy ammo, running shoes,  and get mentally and physically fit.
View Quote
No, this is the equivalent of a tech forum.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Last time before i got my humidor i used cigar beads, Tupperware and a hygrometer. It worked for a bit, but I bought a humidor and nice cutters pretty quick.
View Quote
I know how it is, believe me.

I use a cooler for a humidor these days with HCM beads.

I mostly smoke pipes now though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I sold my custom Ferndowns, downhills, custom Ashtons, Chris Askwith pipes. I loved British pipes but needed the money. Plus McClelland is gone and some of the other blends I love are hard to get. Cigars are easy. Ugh. Trying to build a 5.56 ar as well. Like choose one or the other lol.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I sold my custom Ferndowns, downhills, custom Ashtons, Chris Askwith pipes. I loved British pipes but needed the money. Plus McClelland is gone and some of the other blends I love are hard to get. Cigars are easy. Ugh. Trying to build a 5.56 ar as well. Like choose one or the other lol.
View Quote
That sucks about your collection. Lot’s of blends are perpetually sold out which is annoying.

You’re right, cigars are easy in comparison.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe I'll go to walmart tomorrow and see about Tupperware. See if the local shop has beads or a device and a few cigars.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I’d do that, get some sticks and see if you’re into it again before dropping too much coin.

Keep us posted.

Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#10]
If you get into it, I’m willing to send a sampler out to a cigar-less arfcommer.  I have been trying to clear out some stuff from my humidor.

Not junk. RomaCraft, Crowned Heads, island Jim, lost and founds.  All aged.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll keep everyone updated
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Picked up a Tupperware, humidity gel a lighter and cutter with a few  sticks.
Attachment Attached File

It's a start.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome back!
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Tupperdor like $10. Get some 65% (or 69% if you prefer) Bovedas, like $16.  Maybe some spanish cedar if you want, $6

Lighter, I use a double flame butane zippo insert, so $10 for a Zippo, $14 for the insert

Cutter, say $5 to $50 depending what you want

Then you only need cigars.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:35:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I have gone crazy since I started back up. I have a halfway decent collections of cigars. Probably around 120 or so maybe more. I got a humidor and pretty happy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#16]
If you want to get back into pipes, drop me an IM and I’ll send you some stuff to get started.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you want to get back into pipes, drop me an IM and I’ll send you some stuff to get started.
View Quote

I appreciate it, but dont really want to get back into them. I sold some amazing custom Ferndown , Ashton, Askwith, and some dunhills. I dont really feel like reliving that pain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top