Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2021 4:34:40 PM EDT
I wasn't sure where to post this so if it needs to be moved I'm sorry.

I am quite fed up right now because I have been having this stuttering lag issue for a very long time.

what happens exactly is I will play games that I exceed the recommended requirements for, but I get random lag/stuttering and fps drops.

I have used multiple cards all Nvidia. I used to have gtx 670, then upgraded to 2 gtx 670. now I have gtx 980.

the only thing that fixes this issue is to uninstall the Nvidia HD audio driver, but then it reinstalls itself the next time you boot your pc and is no longer in "add remove program files" and then you are screwed....less you know a bit more about computers.

OR

UNINSTALL EVERYTHING Nvidia, then reinstall them fresh, but not long and you will get the lag stuttering issues again. and it is caused by the Nvidia HD audio driver.

I have this same issue across all my Nvidia computers (4 computers total). my main computer i have formatted and recovered a while back to find it wasn't a virus.

MY SPECS
Nvidia GeForce gtx 980 (4GB vid ram) no overclocking
intel i7 core CPU at 3.6 GHz
32Gb ddr3 ram
2x 2TB HDDs
windows 7 ultimate 64bit

this issue really needs to get fixed I hate reinstalling drivers every time I want to play a game. disabling the HD audio driver in "device manager didn't help. only uninstalling or fresh Nvidia install. I can't even begin to explain how ticked off I am right now. if this issue isn't fixed I will no longer be an Nvidia customer.

and google the issue, you will see TONS of others with the same issue. and if ya do enough digging you'll find the Nvidia HD audio post I saw., id post a link here but I can't find it again and too lazy to keep searching.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:22:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I am quite fed up right now because I have been having this stuttering lag issue for a very long time.

what happens exactly is I will play games that I exceed the recommended requirements for, but I get random lag/stuttering and fps drops.

I have used multiple cards all Nvidia. I used to have gtx 670, then upgraded to 2 gtx 670. now I have gtx 980.

the only thing that fixes this issue is to uninstall the Nvidia HD audio driver, but then it reinstalls itself the next time you boot your pc and is no longer in "add remove program files" and then you are screwed....less you know a bit more about computers.

OR

UNINSTALL EVERYTHING Nvidia, then reinstall them fresh, but not long and you will get the lag stuttering issues again. and it is caused by the Nvidia HD audio driver.

I have this same issue across all my Nvidia computers (4 computers total). my main computer i have formatted and recovered a while back to find it wasn't a virus.

MY SPECS
32Gb ddr3 ram
2x 2TB HDDs
windows 7 ultimate 64bit

this issue really needs to get fixed I hate reinstalling drivers every time I want to play a game. disabling the HD audio driver in "device manager didn't help. only uninstalling or fresh Nvidia install. I can't even begin to explain how ticked off I am right now. if this issue isn't fixed I will no longer be an Nvidia customer.

and google the issue, you will see TONS of others with the same issue. and if ya do enough digging you'll find the Nvidia HD audio post I saw., id post a link here but I can't find it again and too lazy to keep searching.

View Quote
first might help to get a used GTX 1080 or RTX 20xx or above video card.

Then update to win 10

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

OR

MY SPECS
32Gb ddr3 ram
2x 2TB HDDs
windows 7 ultimate 64bit

View Quote

A couple things.  First, it almost certainly isn't just because your card is an NVIDIA card.  The fact that it is about 6 years old likely has more to do with it, unless the games you play and your monitor are also 6 years old.  I expect that your processor and motherboard are also at least that old.

What games are you playing, and what is the resolution of your monitor?  Most games produced today will have issues playing on older hardware such as yours (or mine, as I have a 970 and 3rd generation i5), even if they meet the "recommended" specs.  That is more a function of what the game publisher considers "acceptable" rather than any flaw with the hardware or drivers.

You don't need to reinstall drivers every time you play a game, unless your system has some major problems with it.  Make sure your drivers are for Windows 7 (newer drivers no longer support Windows 7 or 8, so make sure you get one that will support Windows 7 x64).  Run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller, a free utility), and then do a clean, custom install of your driver.  Using the custom install you can elect not to install the HD audio driver at all, so you won't have to try to disable it.  Just note that without it, you won't be able to use the video card to send sound out to an HDMI monitor.  If you DO use your monitor for sound, then consider disabling or uninstalling any OTHER audio drivers in your system, as having multiple drivers can cause issues as well.

Finally, if you are having problems with games you got from your linked site at the bottom of your post, then I just found your problem - they're pirated, and likely buggy and/or infected with malware.  Please delete that link, and if you downloaded anything from it, an uninstall and thorough virus/malware scan should high on your list of things to do.

Mike

edit - removed quoted link to cracked software
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 4:08:34 AM EDT
[#3]
What games are you playing exactly?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top