Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2022 5:57:06 PM EDT
Got an off lease Dell sff computer that I'm putting on a homemade creeper to move between the garage and patio so that I can have a PC outside on the patio since I'm retiring. Putting a piece of 2x6" fir vertical to flat wall mount a generic 31" flat screen monitor and got a way to connect up Cat5 to it for connectivity to the interwebz for gaming, YT video, and surfing ARFcom.

Since I'm going to be outside, I want to use a pair of 4" outside rated stereo speakers that I already have. Got a generic PCI sound card with the pinkish, orange, green, & blue rca jacks(¿Mic in, woofer out, line out, & line in?) and an orangish 15 pin connector that I'm guessing is the MIDI out.

Found this HowTo:
How to Connect a Computer to a Stereo System

But I found this:
F900 Mini Bluetooth Power Amplifier Wireless Audio Receiver, Stereo Hi-Fi Digital Amp 2 Channel 50W 2

which appears that I could go from sound card green out to the green AUX in on the F900 which would give me powered output for the 2 speakers with just one cable. ¿Correct?

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks correct. In the first link, they're lining in an amp that doesn't have a 3.5mm input jack. The Amazon amp can take the 3.5mm line in from the sounds card aux cable. No need to split it to the red and yellow RCA jacks.

Should work just fine.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Look around amazon and get one with a power supply for the same price.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Or go for more power. I use one of these in the backyard with some bookshelf speakers I picked up cheap. I was impressed for price. I use an old laptop power supply.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

ETA and get a bluetooth dongle so you don't have to worry about an aux cord. This will eliminate any ground loop hum you can pick up with a wired system.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look around amazon and get one with a power supply for the same price.

www.amazon.com/dp/B0949CD67R
Or go for more power. I use one of these in the backyard with some bookshelf speakers I picked up cheap. I was impressed for price. I use an old laptop power supply.
View Quote
Thanks for the catch on the lack of a power supply. Cancelled the original order & got that one headed my way. That saved a couple of bucks plus the hassle/cost of getting a power supply.
Appreciate the input.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top