Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2018 9:57:10 PM EDT
Anyone have the list of items that cannot be shipped back to the US from deployed locations in Afghanistan?

It has been a while since I've deployed to a combat area, the last time that I was things like weapon parts and optics could be mailed if registered.  Same thing with knives and tobacco products less than a carton.

This still holding true?
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Just ask the post office there? They know the rules
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:13:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mb121] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rainmaker9:
Just ask the post office there? They know the rules
View Quote
That would require that I be in the area, otherwise would be my first course of action.  I am asking as I would like to prevent taking anything over that may be difficult or unable to send back either through mail/pro-gear.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 2:42:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Rules are pretty much the same.

If in doubt, chances are, whatever it is, you won't need/use it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the list, but it's fucking long.  What are you trying to ship and I can let you know if it's on the banned items.  You can probably just do a quick google search, there's bound to be something out there.

However, In my opinion, there are fuzzy areas.  For instance, we cannot ship optics, magazines, basically anything weapon related (at least from the Post Office on RS), but if you have a good relationship with the post office folks, they'll usually let you slide here and there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 1:55:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m4hk33] [#5]
Last time I was at customs, optics can be sent back via milair if returning to conus

Next time I am in there area I can stop by and check out there board
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Post office is largely worthless. Don't plan on any help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top