[#1]
Another hit against the traitorous boomer golden parachute club

Let me press F on the world's tiniest keyboard
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's only two possible narratives here -

Either Wayne LaPierre was grossly incompetent in his management of Ackerman McQueen's invoices to the NRA.

Or

Wayne and Ackerman were in bed with each other in stealing from the NRA.

In the former case Wayne needs to be fired.  In the latter case he needs to go to jail.

Now, for anyone paying attention it's clear that Wayne and Ackerman were both robbing the place blind, but even if we accept that he was merely guilty of malfeasance he has to go.  There is no reasonable scenario where Wayne stays in his current post.  Wayne remaining as the Executive Vice President would only confirm how broken the NRA is as an organization.
View Quote
I totally agree. For me to ever consider becoming a member again they'll have to ditch Wayne and actually make a huge legislative push.

Bury the bill trying to ban suppressors. Meet with the president and explain the current regulations on suppressors and how infrequently they're used in crimes. Explain to him what they are and are not capable of and used for.

Push for CC reciprocity and HPA.

Submit appeals for every single state's AWB to SCOTUS one at a time until the court takes one.

Without some real pro-gun action from them they're worse than useless.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I saw the explosion of leftist all gleeful and gloating about what was happening with the public face of the nra, but I didn't think there were that many that would care that much about what they were saying.

I expect that the nra may retain the rights to the names of the publications, but the writers and the production facilities for the magazines is likely a ack-mc company, so I would think that there won't be any magazines until the nra hires or contracts out to another media company.

from what I have read, I think the production facilities for the shows produced under the nra label are another company associated with people from ack-mc.  the nra may retain the rights to the material produced, but, unless the nra gets another medi it company to manage and stream the old material, there won't be any programing to watch (not that many people watched nratv to begin with).

as far as the talent, I'm pretty sure that they would have non-competes, so if this breakup is real, they would be prohibited from having anything to do with the nra for a couple of years.
View Quote
I should check up on Cam and see what he’s saying about this
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The NRA brought this on themselves. Supporting NICS and even a version of UBC, claiming video games cause violence, stating bump stocks are MGs and need to be regulated, supporting Red Flag Laws, etc... backing GOP candidates that block pro gun legislation and calling that a victory. Spending unthinkable amounts of money on stupid shit. Insulting long time members.
View Quote
True. I'm actually afraid Wayne is going to remain in control and support banning cans and "assault weapons" next. Seriously, they're fucking self destructive fudds. What do you think is next after semi-autos are banned. Those high powered sniper rifles the fudds use for hunting of course.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Still listed as a client on the AM Website: https://www.am.com/gallery
View Quote
the full lapierre notice was on facebook earlier today

Attachment Attached File

I love how lapierre says 'the nra will always hold our vendors to high standards'. how about high standards for you and your cabal, lapierre?
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#6]
The Investment Firm WLP takes over the NRA and strip it’s assets.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I enjoyed watching Colion Noir
View Quote
He hasn't been funny since they hired him.

I used to LOVE his "you know you're a gun nut if" videos but for years now it's been all lame (and 100% positive and therefore useless) gun reviews, his stupid youtube tv show which was just godawful, and lame interviews with gun celebs or randos off the street that cant have any racy jokes in them and were thus boring af.

My man Colion sold out big time
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I used to LOVE his "you know you're a gun nut if" videos but for years now it's been all lame (and 100% positive and therefore useless) gun reviews, his stupid youtube tv show which was just godawful, and lame interviews with gun celebs or randos off the street that cant have any racy jokes in them and were thus boring af.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, CN was successful pre-NRA and can find that success again post-NRA

We need fewer manufacturer sycophants and more personalities that further the cause
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#9]
btw..... did you know the nra was the reason for heller?

they were, if you believe their propaganda

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2917/nra_heller_005_2019-06-26_14_31_17_jpg-994285.JPG
View Quote
*Laughs in CATO Institute*
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dump ackerman/mcqueen, WLP and the cat lady.
View Quote
Yup

Such a disappointment.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's true if you believe those vote tally numbers the NRA spits out.
View Quote
It's true because gun owners are lazy and will make a plethora of excuses about why they are lazy. This site also has an inflated view of itself among the larger gun culture. I'm sorry, but Gun Jesus has more influence in our community than message boards do.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2917/nra_heller_005_2019-06-26_14_31_17_jpg-994285.JPG
View Quote
Where did they say they were reason for Heller?  They didn't.  They acknowledged the win for gun rights and reference it in their history as they did support it.

The NRA submitted an amicus brief in support Heller and did so days before GOA got on board and submitted theirs.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2008/02/amicus-briefs-for-heller-available-in-guns-case/
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Not another dime...
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@SWIRE and I have spoken off forum and he is 100% pro gun. He and I agreed that there was still good in the NRA and that it must be defended. What happened is at one point, I lost faith while he still had some. We also both agree that gun owners for the most part are lazy apathetic useless people that don't vote, don't speak, and don't support gun rights.

He isn't changing positions. He simply got tired after some others did with the way the organization was doing things. He had repeatedly stated that Wayne, Marion, and the gang has to go.

And he's also stated that for all the bravado and chest thumping on Arfcom, we can't even get enough votes for Adam and Stephen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is they?  What exactly is being rewritten?  Many people here have claimed I made all sorts of statements that I never made. Agreeing with that post does not change anything that I have said.
you are trying to create a different impression of your position and viewpoint of the nra, than you had before when you vehemently defended the nra.

much like how you keep trying to create a different impression of what happened when you claimed allen west worked for ack mc, and kept saying it was a fact, while people called you out on it.
@SWIRE and I have spoken off forum and he is 100% pro gun. He and I agreed that there was still good in the NRA and that it must be defended. What happened is at one point, I lost faith while he still had some. We also both agree that gun owners for the most part are lazy apathetic useless people that don't vote, don't speak, and don't support gun rights.

He isn't changing positions. He simply got tired after some others did with the way the organization was doing things. He had repeatedly stated that Wayne, Marion, and the gang has to go.

And he's also stated that for all the bravado and chest thumping on Arfcom, we can't even get enough votes for Adam and Stephen.
I have zero faith in the NRA ballot system.  Wayne has several million reasons to make sure there is no change.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good. Nobody watched NRATV and it was a waste of money.

Hopefully they rehire their lobbyists and send the minions back into the states they have abandoned.
View Quote
They need something like it to get around Youtube censors.  Like most things NRA it was done poorly.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good call for Dan Bongino to leave NRAtv. No idea if it was his decision or not.. but it worked out for him.

Is Dana Loesch still an NRA spokeswoman? She has legs that don't quit.  

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
wow!
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I truly enjoyed having Cam & Company on when it was on from 1400-1700 EST.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Investment Firm WLP takes over the NRA and strip it’s assets.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I’ll be the one who calls out the danger I perceive here.

The whole goal of MDA, Everytown, etc. has been to destroy the NRA at every level.  That’s in the streets, at protests, at the government and policy level (Cuomo’s attack), on tv, and online in form of twitter and other platforms.  And despite the fact that the NRA was paying a lot to a renowned company like Ack/Mc, the gun grabbers have slowly and methodically managed to gain a foothold on the conversation.  Ack/Mc and it’s arms like NRA TV, Colion, Dana, etc. helped to meet those grabber groups head-on at every level.  They were a counter-punch and shielded the organization a bit.  They got the counter-argument out and constantly tried to counter the moves MDA and Everytown made.  Despite that, the grabbers still made progress.

Now, that arm of our ideals is gone, the shield and counter-punch has ended.  MDA and Everytown are now unchecked by any NRA counterpoint or strategy.  Our ideals are not being pushed, our perspectives not publicized on a National level on all relevant platforms.  NRA TV and Ack/Mc may not have been great at what they did, but at least they did something.  Our adversaries are now truly unchecked.

And not only that, as evidenced by the tweets previously posted, those grabber organizations are using this as wood for their fire and claiming this as a victory.  They’re defeating the NRA.  While we know that this is really an internal shakeup and we’re trying to take the organization back, that’s not what outsiders see.  The average person sees the NRA collapsing and Everytown and the like winning.  That can’t be good for us, at all, because politicians see that too.

IMO, all of this sucks.  We’re naked and open to attack.  No one else has assumed the duty of defending our position.  A new strategy hasn’t been formed or implemented.  A new PR firm not hired.  Like it or not, Ack/Mc did get us through VA Tech, Newtown, Aurora, Pulse, Vegas, Parkland, and a bunch of others along the way in the face of rising opposition, a hostile President, and a smear campaign that reaches some of the highest levels of government.

The NRA is in very serious trouble, and in my estimation, so are our rights.  No other organization carries the clout the NRA does.  And while both sides are gleefully tearing it apart at the moment, it’s losing its fear factor and counter-punching ability.  If it implodes completely, we’re left holding our dicks while grabbers eventually strike.

This has to be corrected quickly and decisively.  Doing this without another firm in place which is ready to implement a new strategy is insanity of the highest order to me.
View Quote
all of this going into an election cycle too. I don't like it, nothing hapens by mistake.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#24]
And I see Chris Cox resigned today also...
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Earlier this week, I got my first mailer from the NRA in years. Begging of course, but I’m already an endowment life member.

I stuffed all that trash in the SASE along with a note that said ...

No money from me until WLP and the cat lady are gone.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Good call for Dan Bongino to leave NRAtv. No idea if it was his decision or not.. but it worked out for him.

Is Dana Loesch still an NRA spokeswoman? She has legs that don't quit.  

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Them ain't legs. She's got two drumsticks with no meat
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I want to put some things into perspective as a founder of a small local gun rights org.  There are a lot of things that NRA has to fix, but they are also doing a lot of things right.

Gun Right activism and lobbying  is all about the membership numbers.  You need enough people to affect the elections, provide donations, participate in activism, and a base to develop leaders from.  NRA has supposedly 6 million members which can effectively do all of the above stuff.

You can't get those membership numbers just from lobbying/legal action(nraila) and political arm(nrapvf).  SAF/CCRKBA have 650,000 gun rights advocate members in the two orgs, I would guess most belong to both so 450,000 members.  A good amount but not enough to swing elections.  The SAF and others do win important lawsuits, but to do so you need 2a friendly judges, who are appointed by politicians, who are elected, and whom you need a large 2a voting base to affect the elections.

The reason NRA has the numbers is they cater to a very diverse audience through AckMac.  Hunters, first time shooters through education, youth safety, junior air rifle programs, law enforcement, military, competitive shooting, defensive carry,  community activities, etc.

To get all of those groups you need a good marketing firm that hits all areas, all age groups, all races, and all income brackets.  That's the reason for NRATV, Eddie eagle, friends of the NRA, etc.  I think AckMac and Wayne did a good job at that

The problem lies with the accountability, transparency, conflicts of interest, and lavish spending.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top