Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 11/21/2023 12:15:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: azmp5]
I posted here back in early July about losing my Rocky to Hemangiosarcoma.   We also lost out Bitty Bum a few months prior to a fast growing brain tumor.  The wife was wanting a new pup for a few weeks but couldn't bring myself to get another dog so soon.  Idk if it was feeling guilty like I was replacing Rocky or what..but it was a mental hurtle I couldn't get over for a while.  Well I kinda convinced the wife we should go an LOOK at a few pups.  I figured that may help me some.  Well... needless to say, wife fell in love and we brought our new girl home.  Not going to lie, I was going through all kinds of emissions when we were looking.  Mostly cause the litter we were looking at looked ALOT like how Rocky looked when we got him. But..  I also took it as a sign from him to help me heal and I'm glad to have another dog in the family.  

So that bring said, here is Zoey.  She's part boxer and part I don't know. She is 9 weeks old.  If i had to guess...some kind of shepard maybe???

And here is 13 year old Lilly being a good big sister.  It's funny seeing lilly have so much energy again.  Both of them run around like crazy and pass out afterwards.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 1:24:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice dogs.

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 2:48:44 AM EDT
[#2]
This is so awesome. I went through that same emotional rollercoaster ride when I lost Gus. An old high school classmate had a litter of puppies ready to go and he contacted me and said one of them had my name on it, and I coupld pick what ever one I wanted. I told him I wasnt ready for another dog for those very same reasons. I said I would come take a look but wasnt making any promises.  Well long story short one of them just seemed to be obsessed with me like he was telling me he was the one, and Otis came home with me the very next week. Here was his ride home. He now never leaves my side.

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 3:06:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Goostoff:
This is so awesome. I went through that same emotional rollercoaster ride when I lost Gus. An old high school classmate had a litter of puppies ready to go and he contacted me and said one of them had my name on it, and I coupld pick what ever one I wanted. I told him I wasnt ready for another dog for those very same reasons. I said I would come take a look but wasnt making any promises.  Well long story short one of them just seemed to be obsessed with me like he was telling me he was the one, and Otis came home with me the very next week. Here was his ride home. He now never leaves my side.

https://images2.imgbox.com/3f/5c/LrXcLN7u_o.jpg
View Quote

Before I posted this post, I actually found/read my old post about Rocky and incidentally, saw your post right below mine in the pet memorial thread.  Its defiantly been an emotional roller coaster, but when the wife picked this one, I had the same feeling like you said above.  Glad we both were able to find another pup.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By azmp5:
I posted here back in early July about losing my Rocky to Hemangiosarcoma.   We also lost out Bitty Bum a few months prior to a fast growing brain tumor.  The wife was wanting a new pup for a few weeks but couldn't bring myself to get another dog so soon.  Idk if it was feeling guilty like I was replacing Rocky or what..but it was a mental hurtle I couldn't get over for a while.  Well I kinda convinced the wife we should go an LOOK at a few pups.  I figured that may help me some.  Well... needless to say, wife fell in love and we brought our new girl home.  Not going to lie, I was going through all kinds of emissions when we were looking.  Mostly cause the litter we were looking at looked ALOT like how Rocky looked when we got him. But..  I also took it as a sign from him to help me heal and I'm glad to have another dog in the family.  

So that bring said, here is Zoey.  She's part boxer and part I don't know. She is 9 weeks old.  If i had to guess...some kind of shepard maybe???
https://i.imgur.com/ABiPBuv.jpeg

And here is 13 year old Lilly being a good big sister.  It's funny seeing lilly have so much energy again.  Both of them run around like crazy and pass out afterwards.  

https://i.imgur.com/PoSqLUC.jpeg
View Quote

He's a cute pup, for sure! Glad Lilly is taking it like that, it's funny how a new pup can make an older dog feel young again, almost like the way they make a person feel.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Very cute pupper.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top