Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#1]
What's all this and why would I be interested?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I would be highly suspicious of any MDM profiles being installed on your phone.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#5]
An MDM profile can be used to change almost anything on a mobile device. If somehow a threat actor was able to change and push out new settings for one of those profiles it can do anything it wants to your phone including locking you out of it, wiping, changing your passcode, and exfiltrating sensitive data such as location.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:40:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have used work mdm profiles, through air watch and now intune.  Once the profile is installed you can see exactly what they can do and can’t do.  Yes wipe e-mail. Require password turn on and off gps location services

The one I installed from quad 9 literally can only forward dns. It’s the only option listed

To update setting it would require me to type my phone password for it to be updated.  I would know if something changed

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
An MDM profile can be used to change almost anything on a mobile device. If somehow a threat actor was able to change and push out new settings for one of those profiles it can do anything it wants to your phone including locking you out of it, wiping, changing your passcode, and exfiltrating sensitive data such as location.

I have used work mdm profiles, through air watch and now intune.  Once the profile is installed you can see exactly what they can do and can’t do.  Yes wipe e-mail. Require password turn on and off gps location services

The one I installed from quad 9 literally can only forward dns. It’s the only option listed

To update setting it would require me to type my phone password for it to be updated.  I would know if something changed

This is how MDM profiles work on IOS.  You are correct, they can't just "be changed without you knowing" once installed.  
/We use Intune MDM for our BYOB devices and Work-Provided devices.   Granted, different profiles depending on the type.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top