Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2021 10:16:47 AM EDT
has anyone got the macdaddy frame to fit on an ender 3 pro v2? it seems just a tad too large to fit on the bed. had a friend who has been printing stuff for years try it but he cant get it to work either. cant get the model to slice due to one of the "corners" slightly off the bed
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe there is a method to update the firmware on the printer to extend the max X and Y axis lengths from 220mm to 235mm, and that will just get it to fit on the diagonal.  You just have to watch out for your glass bed clip placement, as they will then be within the printable area.

Otherwise, I believe I've seen people print it at an upward angle with supports to get it to fit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe there is a method to update the firmware on the printer to extend the max X and Y axis lengths from 220mm to 235mm, and that will just get it to fit on the diagonal.  You just have to watch out for your glass bed clip placement, as they will then be within the printable area.

Otherwise, I believe I've seen people print it at an upward angle with supports to get it to fit.
View Quote

Thanks I'll look into it
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks I'll look into it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks I'll look into it

Let me know if it works. I printed the DB 2 piece.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Let me know if it works. I printed the DB 2 piece.
View Quote

Still can't get it to fit
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Still can't get it to fit
View Quote

I just tried it. I played around with it tree supports on, upside down tilted up from back to front. I was able to make it fit.

Attachment Attached File

ETA- @weapons_free
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I just tried it. I played around with it tree supports on, upside down tilted up from back to front. I was able to make it fit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/381454/image_jpg-2176939.JPG

ETA- @weapons_free
View Quote

Thanks I'll give it another try
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#7]
You have brim turned off?  Change your bed size slightly in your slicer, usually there is a centimeter around the out edge you can regain.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You have brim turned off?  Change your bed size slightly in your slicer, usually there is a centimeter around the out edge you can regain.
View Quote

Not sure what that is, I'm new to printers
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Depends on the slicer you use, a brim is the outer line that is printed, by default, about 10mm's away form your print, turning it off gives you that extra room.  

Setting up your bed to include 'unprintable area' often times gives you the slight extra room you need.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's what I did. I added an extra 5mm to both the X and Y in my printer profile and my Mac Daddy frame fit diagonally on the bed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Depends on the slicer you use, a brim is the outer line that is printed, by default, about 10mm's away form your print, turning it off gives you that extra room.  

Setting up your bed to include 'unprintable area' often times gives you the slight extra room you need.

That's what I did. I added an extra 5mm to both the X and Y in my printer profile and my Mac Daddy frame fit diagonally on the bed.

Yup. It's amazing how much you can fit on a bed.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extended my x and y to 225 and I still can't get it to fit
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally got it to fit and printing one now. Thanks for the help. I'll update when first one is done . Had to uncheck snap rotation and play with the x y print fields
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top