Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2018 8:36:51 PM EDT
I set up a freeze with Equifax, Experian, and Transunion a couple months ago.

I wanted to do a temporary freeze lift for a couple of weeks for a new credit card with good benefits

Equifax and Transunion were simple, 3 minute affair.

Experian on the other hand, even with the 10 digit pin I set up sent me to a screen saying "we can't confirm your identity, so send us a copy of your DL, social Security card, and a copy of this notice. We will verify your identity, and then process your request for Freeze removal"

What was the point of the fucking 10 digit PIN then!!!! There is a greater risk of my identity being compromised by sending copies of that shit in the U.S. Mail than through Cyber crime!

Not the way I wanted to end my Sunday night, that's for sure. What a crock of shit.

Anyone else dealt with this?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you call them or do it online?

888-EXPERIAN
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This. and do

Their website is f'ed up (IME) and does that to me everytime I try to unfreeze ; they'll let everyone else in the world have my PII but not me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you call them or do it online?

888-EXPERIAN
This. and do

Their website is f'ed up (IME) and does that to me everytime I try to unfreeze ; they'll let everyone else in the world have my PII but not me.
Thanks guys, was able to do over the phone.

What a clusterfuck!
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I tried to freeze mine a few weeks ago.  The other two were super easy.  Experian, I had to call and then they mailed me my pin.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:54:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Do we need to freeze with all three?  I was under the impression that we only froze with one of them and that one would expand the freeze to the others.  Did I miss anything?
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do we need to freeze with all three?  I was under the impression that we only froze with one of them and that one would expand the freeze to the others.  Did I miss anything?
View Quote
Nope. Freeze all of them. I only had to unfreeze Transunion I think when we bought my wife’s car last year. That’s the one they checked.

I did have an issue unfreezing one of them. Equifax I think for a mortgage a few months ago. Finally got it done. Took a couple phone calls.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top