Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/18/2019 5:01:56 PM EDT
There are several new features that I really like.  However, whoever put the delete button right next to the reply button in the email app should be shot.  If they survive the shooting, they should then be fed to alligators.

I've accidentally deleted three emails this week.  (Yes, I know you can undelete them, but that is a PIA).

TLDR: man yells at cloud.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol apple
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
The flyout volume slider that constantly blocks the page I'm on was genius.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol apple
View Quote
I didn't use to feel that way but lately...
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lol apple
View Quote
I like “services” to be off when I turn them off.

You and google have fun though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I do like the new feature that alerts me to applications that repeatedly track my location in the background. I'll give Apple one point for that feature, and one point for the new volume indicator.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Put the video slider at the top of the screen dammit
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#7]
'preview' bullshit in Safari is out of control.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
You can turn that “mostly” off in settings, it still gives a mini “preview” though and I don’t care for it. That’s the one feature of the new os that bothers me
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
I use Chrome as much as possible, but Apple needs to allow us to choose our default browser.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I do like the new feature that alerts me to applications that repeatedly track my location in the background. I'll give Apple one point for that feature, and one point for the new volume indicator.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you turn cloud save off its off. With android, every photo, every document, every email, every location, and every keystroke is uploaded whether you disable it or not. Turning it off just turns it off for you. They even open the mic periodically to analyze your voice. If you turn Siri off, it’s off.

Apple still participates in analytics. But you can limit it. Google limits nothing and takes EVERYTHING.

I have a hard time understanding why this bothers nobody and instead we still get this pathetic LOL APPLE argument.

I’m quite aware of Samsung’s hardware capabilities. But I’m tired of having google directly lodged in every aspect of my existence.

Keep your stupid headphone jack. Apple ain’t your best friend but google has made their anti American stance well defined and constantly reinforced.

I won’t be owning another.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lol apple
View Quote
LoL, Apple = MasterRace
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Ive done it too op, but just shake your phone to bring up the undo command to restore it
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
That’s the only new feature I don’t think isn’t great. I hate that feature, especially here on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That’s the only new feature I don’t think isn’t great. I hate that feature, especially here on ARFCOM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is this? I don’t understand what preview in safari is
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

When you turn cloud save off its off. With android, every photo, every document, every email, every location, and every keystroke is uploaded whether you disable it or not. Turning it off just turns it off for you. They even open the mic periodically to analyze your voice. If you turn Siri off, it’s off.

Apple still participates in analytics. But you can limit it. Google limits nothing and takes EVERYTHING.

I have a hard time understanding why this bothers nobody and instead we still get this pathetic LOL APPLE argument.

I’m quite aware of Samsung’s hardware capabilities. But I’m tired of having google directly lodged in every aspect of my existence.

Keep your stupid headphone jack. Apple ain’t your best friend but google has made their anti American stance well defined and constantly reinforced.

View Quote
You aren't wrong on any of these points.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I’ll pay a little more for an Apple device over fucking google any day of the week.

Especially now with the current flagships Apple is right there with Samsung on a lot of things they used to lag behind on, like battery life.

Then there is the glorious thing known as FaceID, which android devices still haven’t implemented properly or securely.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Opposite of gripe, I LOVE the Face ID upgrade in iOS 13. Works so much better now, farther away, faster, and on your side with phone in portrait.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#18]
It’s been great for me. I’m back to getting a full day out of my old phone.

Plus dark mode to match my computer.

Edit: gripe? Okay I got two: podcast app is AIDS and I notifications still show up sideways when the phone is on it’s side.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I like the sending phone calls from people not in my contacts straight to voicemail almost as much as getting laid. That said, some things just aren't working like text previews while I'm talking. That really annoys me. A few other minor things but, I'm hoping those will get worked out in future updates.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like the sending phone calls from people not in my contacts straight to voicemail almost as much as getting laid. That said, some things just aren't working like text previews while I'm talking. That really annoys me. A few other minor things but, I'm hoping those will get worked out in future updates.
View Quote
Where can I find the setting to send phone calls not in my contacts straight to voicemail?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Anybody notice that when you receive an iMessage from somebody who uses the voice-to-text that it now displays a little "sent using Siri" dailog?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Where can I find the setting to send phone calls not in my contacts straight to voicemail?
View Quote
Settings/Phone/silence unknown callers
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I fucking hate how when I plug in headphones, or after asmr video, the goddamned ipod shit starts playing on its own.

Same when hooked up to carplay. Does MY music from Spotify play? NO the fucking ipod bullshit nobody wants starts playing.

Also, 3d touch is off but some 3d type shit pops up anyway.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#24]
One Appelism I really, really hate:
In the recent calls menu, if you touch a missed call line anywhere but the tiny "i" on the right, it automatically calls the caller you intentionally ignored the call from.

With Android, you have to hit the little call button on the right to call them, touching the missed call anywhere else just harmlessly gives you info on the call.

So far, what I like about iOS13 is the ignore unknown calls feature in settings>phone.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Ever since the update on my iPhone the GMail app sucks ass...

It takes forever and a day to change from one account to another.

Tap - nothing. Tap again, nothing. Tap again, still nothing. Tap again after waiting a bit - maybe it accepts it and does what I want it to do.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#26]
How about this. Where the fuck is my find on page button in safari??? Communist assholes. I refuse to go back to android. Never again.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. That. Works very well.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks. Just did that to my phone.
I get a spree of calls from spoofy numbers that look local but are sneaky telemarketing ploys — seems like 2 or 3 days a week I get a rash of them
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Word. I did not know this.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

LoL, Apple = MasterRace
View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:54:07 AM EDT
[#31]
do you have airpods?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:00:36 AM EDT
[#32]
For some reason the Mail App, wont load any Yahoo mail

I have to use the Yahoo App.

Its been this way for about a year
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:05:19 AM EDT
[#33]
I was going nuts with websites looking all screwy until I turned off “request desktop website.” I really wish Apple would save your settings when you do a back up. I hate going through this shit all over again.

Apple still hasn’t improved it’s spell check, which is pretty terrible. I’ll have to go to google to get the correct spelling sometimes. Should probably use the mic.

I love the “dark mode” though.

My voicemail to text isn’t working, which is annoying.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:14:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How about this. Where the fuck is my find on page button in safari??? Communist assholes. I refuse to go back to android. Never again.
View Quote
Type what you want to search for in the address bar.  When the reccomendations pop up, scroll all the way to the bottom of the list... it will have an option to search on the page for whatever word you typed in.

Odd way to do it, but once you know it's there it is simple enough to use.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:18:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Amen. My favorite feature by far. I normally get 2-3 telemarketers a day. No more. If my phone rings I know it is from someone I know.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:19:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Android will do that too. Has been a feature for awhile.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:20:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lol apple
View Quote
Because having google's commie SJW tentacles constantly watching you is a good thing?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:04:24 AM EDT
[#38]
No issues besides safari freezing some here.

Learn how to use settings. It's really that simple.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:14:12 AM EDT
[#39]
I used to be about to 3d press the settings icon and get a pop-up list of options like WiFi and Bluetooth. Not anymore, it just clicks and does nothing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I used to be about to 3d press the settings icon and get a pop-up list of options like WiFi and Bluetooth. Not anymore, it just clicks and does nothing.
View Quote
There was another update installed on my phone last night, the 3d function of the settings icon returned.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No issues besides safari freezing some here.

Learn how to use settings. It's really that simple.
View Quote
Third update in the last two weeks. Seems like they might be finding a few issues with the zippy dippy new IOS. Guess maybe it's really not that simple, thanks for playing though...
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#43]
One thing that's bugging the hell out of me is the email app.

I slide to the right to bring up the "mark as read" button without reading the email, and about half the time it bounces back and I end up opening the email when I press down to mark it as read.  First world problem to be sure, but it is irritating.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#45]
The preview function.

If you are trying to see a link from a suspicious email is good or evil, the Preview function would just open it for you.

Whoever thought that was a great idea?
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#46]
My biggest gripes are when I tap the address bar in safari it selects the whole thing but you used to could tap it once and it would put the movable cursor down. Now it doesn't do anything and if you hold down a tap it selects a word then maybe you get a cursor.

It also seems that double tapping the screen to zoom in or out randomly works on random websites. Pisses me off to have to pinch in or out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Trying to move the cursor around to delete a letter or correct a word used to bring up the magnifying glass.  It doesn't any more and the cursor is enlarged, but covered by my whole finger.  Leaving you guessing as to where it ends up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Morons they are...

How hard would it be to have an on off switch for copy and paste ....with the default being off?
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I made a call a couple days ago, then saw the electrician I was calling so I tried to hang up. Couldn’t hang up, there was some kind of text message prompt on the screen blocking the end call button.

Yesterday, phone locked up twice when trying to text 2 of my sons. I could add one to the message, but attempting to add the other would lock up the message app.

People say they like Apple stuff because “shit just works”. My experience has not been that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

People say they like Apple stuff because “shit just works”. My experience has not been that.
View Quote
Nothing just works.

My experience with Apple however, has been far, far more satisfactory than my experiences with Blackberry, MicroSoft and Android products.

Subjective? Obviously.  You do you, and you use what works best for you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top