Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2022 3:47:03 PM EDT
Videos call for using shoulder bolts as welded studs on clamps for fixture table clamping.

Why shoulder bolts over regular hex bolts with a smooth upper shaft?

Or simple non-threaded rod stock?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Like these?

The threads are concentric with the precision ground shoulder.
Good for repeatability.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Videos call for using shoulder bolts as welded studs on clamps for fixture table clamping.

Why shoulder bolts over regular hex bolts with a smooth upper shaft?

Or simple non-threaded rod stock?
View Quote
ground hard shoulder, better durability and location.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

What is the purpose of the threads on a shoulder bolt for a fixture table? I only ask this after looking up the definition of concentric.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Are they just using the shoulder Bolts as easy off the shelf hardened precision ground round stock?  Weld the head, cut the threads off.  Left with the correct size post for the fixture table holes.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are they just using the shoulder Bolts as easy off the shelf hardened precision ground round stock?  Weld the head, cut the threads off.  Left with the correct size post for the fixture table holes.
View Quote

That's what it looks like to me, although I have seen some used for indexing purposes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top