Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2019 6:19:24 PM EDT
saturday morning i brewed a batch of IPA and this time the yeast was different, not a liquid one. this is my 3rd batch of beer using a kit from the local brew store.

it fermented within the first 6-10 hours and bubbled like crazy for 36 hours, until late sunday night. this morning it seems to have stopped.

my other 2 batches fermented for 4-5 days.

should i let it go another day before it transfer to the condition bucket and dry hopping?
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
no, i have access to one i can borrow.

how much does that matter? can you add more yeast if needed to the first fermentation?
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Just past the initial fermentation,  just setting in fir the long haul it's still going.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had beers that finished "bubbling" overnight.  Just follow the instructions that came with the kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top