Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2020 11:35:01 AM EDT
Can anyone confirm that some Fallschirmjagers used camouflaged parachutes when they jumped in Crete?
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Online pictures of the operation would suggest it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, but unless some distinct geographical feature is in the picture, I've no means of determiing where a photo was taken.  that's why I can't trust some of these U-tube "documentaries."  Who knows where the film editor got the image from?
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
@1:40-2:15

Looks like they did to me.

ww2 footage Fallschirmjäger in Crête

Shirm at 1:55 looks like his canopy
is camo.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 11:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  Coastal operation suggesting proximity to water.  Warm weather.  Not Norway. Most  likely Crete.  Looks like both in that video.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen a Fallschirmjager parachute.  It was camouflaged colored.  Google Fallschirmjager parachute and click on images, you'll see them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top