Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2020 3:34:29 PM EDT
Been eyeballing Ford and NCLH.

Anyone else looking to buy during this downturn?
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#1]
OneOK (OKE)
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I just cashed in 100k of CDs.  I buy WEC, LNT and DTE stock.  Fair dividends and decent appreciation.  I'm a one trick pony but I've been doing it for 35 + years.  Set it and forget it.

Here's a web site to see a ten year performance window;  https://www.splithistory.com/?symbol=WEC
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I am tempted with lots of stocks... Like Exxon or BP - energy stocks are a little concerning, but they pay a good dividend if you plan to hold them.
Tech stocks are still a little high priced, like IBM, Microsoft, Oracle.  Apple & Amazon are still a little rich for my blood.

Pharma stocks like Abbvie, Gilead, or Novartis aren't too off their 52 week high - understandably with the virus

I was looking into some ETF funds, Fidelity has one

Manufacturing, Owens Corning is $41, off its $68 52 week high,, or its sister glass container company OI is down to $7 and some change.

Auto - Advance Auto $113 down from  52 week high $182, or Dana Mfg - $9 down from 52 week high $20

Just a flavor of those in my watch list, the time to buy might be at or around March 27 (IMHO)
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
You can literally buy anything right now and it will be up 20% in 2-3 months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top