Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m still going to use my Barrett 82 as my initial go to if the POS is trying to breach.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy crap is his photo on Rugers website yet?

How about we stop worrying about the gun and go into detail about those breaking into our homes. A jury should want the homeowner armed with a flame thrower if they were given the true details about these "innocent monsters" invading peoples sanctuaries.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How about we stop worrying about the gun and go into detail about those breaking into our homes. A jury should want the homeowner armed with a flame thrower if they were given the true details about these "innocent monsters" invading peoples sanctuaries.
View Quote

How about a woke or partially woke jury?

Don't think you can get one because of the conservative area
that you live in now? Oh, okay..

Edit: why do you think these people are getting shuffled around everywhere for the last two and a half years?

Huh?
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

In a rational world this would be correct.  But we live in clown world.  And everyone should be thinking about the jury pool/prosecutor they will face.  
This is mostly about the race of the shooter/shootee; but even then if you can get a legal edge for your lawyer without giving up too much capability it may matter a lot.
That is what this is about.  Giving your lawyer the best set of facts you can to work with.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've been assured by the Wisdom of GD that the weapon you use in a defensive shooting is irrelevant and to suggest otherwise is FUDDLORE!

View Quote

If the level of force used is appropriate to the situation, the method by which that force is applied is of no consequence.  IOW if deadly force is justified, it doesn't matter if you use an axe, AR15, a sharpened stick, a rock, a spear, a knife, or a baseball bat.  

At least that is what courts have decided to date.  If anyone can post a court case that has decided otherwise, I would be VERY interested in reading it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I would make sure that my lawyer stressed that the point of having a HD gun is to have the MOST effective gun you can. Handguns are actually poor man-stoppers. Police use AR's when they need to stop a threat quickly so why should someone protecting his family not do the same?

Also, I would make sure he stresses that the gun is there to protect my wife and child (not my "home" or my "stuff") and they are worth using the best thing for the job. I would have him put giant pictures of my wife and son's face up on easels in the courtroom and remind the jury "THIS is the reason that HH uses an AR. If it's good enough for the police, it's good enough to use to protect the lives of these two". That should help all the bleeding heart XX crowd understand why someone would use an AR.

MY HD gun is also FDE. This seems like a small thing, but it may look less scary than black?

In the end it's better to be "judged by 12 than carried by 6" and the AR IMO gives me the best chance to win that fight. I'm not too worried about being charged for a good shoot here in OK. However, I will admit that if I lived in a blue state, I might actually consider going the mini-14 route because way too many of those people are simply devoid of reason.

Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I do have an AR, shotgun and handgun that are ready for home defense.  However, if I ever had to quickly respond to a break in other self defense scenario, I would probably be using my G19 since it's the gun I always have within reach.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I moved all my tactical looking guns to the back of the safe. First thing that would get grabbed in my house is a beat up old Mossberg 500. It's a good utility gun and no one would bat an eye at it in court.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I am sure there are some areas of the country where the gun owner is considered the criminal by many, especially if they dare to use one in self defense. But it's not like that everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#10]

It’s beautiful man.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Don't care. AR15 with a D60 by the nightstand. If someone breaks into my house, I won't be outgunned.

From an optics perspective, I believe that we need more defensive shootings with the AR15 to counter criminal use of the AR15.
View Quote

+1
When the government enforcers show up to serve their warrants, they're not carrying shotguns and lever action rifles.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Greta says M1911-A1 now, M1911-A1 tomorrow, M1911-A1 forever.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1087/Greta_01012023-2656689.jpg
View Quote

(sorry, couldn't resist. I love 1911s too, as my screen name shows.)
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

We are in the midst of a low grade civil war. There are millions of people, prosecutors, politicians and judges who will favor a bad guy because of his ethnicity.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Apparently, Kyle Rittenhouse's jurors didn't read that study.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

MY HD gun is also FDE. This seems like a small thing, but it may look less scary than black?

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Honestly if it's a factor a semi-competent lawyer and likable firearms expert on your side could change a couple jurors minds on that pretty easily, but it's good to be aware of the possible bias and address it
View Quote
The problem is that left wing jurors don't judge based on facts.  They judge based on emotions and what color your skin is.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#17]
If someone breaks into your house to do evil things the last thing a person should have to worry about is if they they are going to go to prison and how many years get added because of the type of gun used. Makes a guy think twice about the phrase with the three words that start with S.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've been in many courtrooms over the years. All I can say is that the truth rarely sets foot in a court. Mostly, just everyone's version of it.
View Quote

This for sure. People raise their hands, swear to tell the truth and then completely different stories come out from the various parties.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Not at all worried about what happens in court, I am already presumed guilty and will need to fight for my innocence- that much is certain. Maybe I will donate a dollar to the Vote Blue foundation so the judge will show some leniency.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Another SG guy here, but it has nothing to do with lawfare.

Out in the country I'm just as likely, if not more, to run into a 4 legged critter as a 2 legged. We do have bears here and there have been sightings less than 2 miles from our house.

I'd much rather have 12g slugs for that. And they work equally as well for 2 legged critters.

If TEOTWAWKI/SHTF/CW happens I'll grab the AR.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#23]
If my AR15 was pink with hello kitty stickers on help?
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Now, people, this is why it is ESSENTIAL to perform your jury duty.

DO NOT avoid jury service.  

There has to be an educated pool of jurors from which to draw.

The voice of reason must be present during deliberations.  Become "the teacher", if you must.

The above applies in both scenarios -

If the shooter is guilty, find as such.

If the shooter is not guilty, do not allow a conviction because they used a "scary-looking" firearm.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top