Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2024 3:42:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: notarandomname]
At the hospital
Using the tv in the room without yet signing in to my account cause ….  I don’t know just not comfortable signing in using the tv browser

Anyway.

Haven’t seen ads in years on YouTube

But now I’m being hit with a bunch and this last one I didn’t skip cause I’m lazy and was just going to wait for it to auto roll.  Shit 25 min later I realized the fucking ad was still playing. When I moved the mouse provided with the tv … I saw it was 58 freaking min
 Wtf

Is this what the poors go thru ?

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:47:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty much. They really want everyone to cough up the subscription money.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:33:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Haha!  Most every youtube vid I watch triggers "You... You using a Ad-Blocker! You can't do 'dat!  You want us to dis-able your adblocker?"

Just "X" of out the warning, restart the vid and it runs just fine.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:42:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I usually only watch YouTube on tv before bed. An episode or two of forgotten weapons or something puts me right to sleep .

Anyways if I get an ad longer than 15 seconds I'll back right out of it and select the video again. Do that once or twice and it tends to skip right to the video.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:52:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes. Seen a few of those. Including one that was nearly two hours. They are trying to sneak in MOVIE LENGTH ads in now. Fuck YouTube. I get the ad rev needed to make money but damn. Some shorter videos have two adds between them. It’s getting worse and worse. So… I’m using YouTube less and less.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:56:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mpdphil] [#5]
Originally Posted By notarandomname:
At the hospital
Using the tv in the room without yet signing in to my account cause ….  I don’t know just not comfortable signing in using the tv browser

Anyway.

Haven’t seen ads in years on YouTube

But now I’m being hit with a bunch and this last one I didn’t skip cause I’m lazy and was just going to wait for it to auto roll.  Shit 25 min later I realized the fucking ad was still playing. When I moved the mouse provided with the tv … I saw it was 58 freaking min
 Wtf

Is this what the poors go thru ?

View Quote

You must be rich! I can’t imagine youtube without those stupid ads. Probably because I waste money here by being a team member.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:59:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Red bull used to run awesome 50 minute adds covering motorcycle races. I hated that I couldn't pause them on the PS4. Would have to go find the video that was being ran as an ad.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:12:41 AM EDT
[#7]
It also went from one ad to two ads you have to skip back to back. Google's trying to mask their greed by claiming they're losing money on YouTube.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:23:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jason280] [#8]
They've really gotten bad lately, we were watching a video a few days ago that had 4 different 30-60 sec ads within 10 mins of starting the vid.  I finally gave up and turned the video completely off.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:25:50 AM EDT
[#9]
rumbler is an alternative

YT, get others to create content for you, get reward from their work and then impose ads on everyone or charge to avoid ads. Their business scheme really sucks. They create zero.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:26:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ad_nauseam] [#10]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:52:14 AM EDT
[#11]
TubePro for iOS.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:53:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I also use ublock origin in firefox.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:20:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I use revanced on my android devices and adblicks on my browsers. I forget what ads are until I try to watch on native app on TV then I realize and just cast off one of my Android devices to my TV.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
It also went from one ad to two ads you have to skip back to back. Google's trying to mask their greed by claiming they're losing money on YouTube.
View Quote

That was just the start. Then they started putting a mid-video ad. Then they went to a in-video ad every five minutes or so. Then they added a POST-video ad for those who just let the videos run in a loop.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Tried again this morning, watching a Camarata video on the TV...five 60 second ads in less than 25 mins.  It's odd, though, ads are way worse on the TVs.  I get little to no ad traffic on my Fire tablet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:25:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Joe_Blow] [#16]
I've been using Invidious for a while. Click Use then pick whichever instance you want.  Search bar is near the top.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#17]
If you don't click Skip, they just keep making money off of you
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jason280:
Tried again this morning, watching a Camarata video on the TV...five 60 second ads in less than 25 mins.  It's odd, though, ads are way worse on the TVs. I get little to no ad traffic on my Fire tablet.
View Quote
This. I opened the YouTube app on my crappy little garage Roku tv to watch a few assembly videos for a piece of machine equipment I was putting together.  One 11 minute video had 13 ads of varying lengths, but two of them were 2-3 minute ads.  Ive never seen that many on my desktop or phone.  

No idea what they are thinking.  Its not like an assembly video for a garage CNC mill is going to draw alot of views, anyway?
Top Top