Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/2/2020 2:06:10 PM EDT
I still get a good chuckle watching All in the Family. But admittedly I find out that he speaks truth especially in the area politics most of the time.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I miss that show.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The whole point was to give Archie all the conservative buzz words...bend them...pervert them...twist them make him (and consequently them) look ridiculous...(part and parcel to the war on fathers as heads of households and men)

The purpose of ridicule is to make people shy away from a position for fear of being ridiculed-humiliated-looked down on by their peers...

Entertainment being the opiate of the people and the generational communist plan for America was to get control of all media as to propagandize for their revolution.

Hollywood is a hive of scumbags and villains...it's doppelgänger in the political world is Washington DC.

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I am more like Archie the older i get. He and Red Foreman are my spirit brothers.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The whole point was to give Archie all the conservative buzz words...bend them...pervert them...twist them make him (and consequently them) look ridiculous...(part and parcel to the war on fathers as heads of households and men)

The purpose of ridicule is to make people shy away from a position for fear of being ridiculed-humiliated-looked down on by their peers...

Entertainment being the opiate of the people and the generational communist plan for America was to get control of all media as to propagandize for their revolution.

Hollywood is a hive of scumbags and villains...it's doppelgänger in the political world is Washington DC.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Pass out the pistols.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#6]
With age comes wisdom.

Archie Bunker was a characture made by hipsters to laugh at old people.

You got old.

You found out the characture was actually right.

"The older I get, the more I find out how smart my dad was."
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Communist propaganda, make the right wing look ridiculous.

Do you ever see anything from Hollywood that intentionally  makes the left wing look ridiculous?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Communist propaganda, make the right wing look ridiculous.

Do you ever see anything from Hollywood that intentionally  makes the left wing look ridiculous?
View Quote

But even then he was still right most of the time.

They did the same thing with Ron Swanson.  He is supposed to be a negative caricature of a small government conservative libertarian and he is the best and most relatable character on the show.

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pass out the pistols.
View Quote

My favorite episode
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I miss that show.
View Quote

It's still on from 7-9 every night here.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hollywood is a hive of scumbags and villains...it's doppelgnger in the political world is Washington DC.

View Quote

This. Leftist propaganda from the usual suspects.

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Kind of like Ron Swanson from Parks and Rec made to be a caricature of being libertarian and anti gov. Or how all the sitcoms from the 2000’s made the man of the house out to be a blubbering idiot and the housewife was the smart one.

ETA- beat on the Ron Swanson reference
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep the show was made to make FUN of conservatives... Carroll O'connor was a Libtard of the highest order... In fact most of the cast were scumm..... Funny show though!
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I miss Archie Bunker but he’d be quickly canceled today. The older shows are so much better than most of the shit liberal Hollywood puts out now.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yep the show was made to make FUN of conservatives... Carroll O'connor was a Libtard of the highest order... In fact most of the cast were scumm..... Funny show though!
View Quote

The funny thing is that it kind of backfired, people liked Archie’s character and as a result they canned the political shows and brought in guys like Garry Marshall to produce bubblegum television and avoid political commentary.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#19]
One time he went on the news on TV and said the way to stop sky jackers was to arm all passangers. Hand out guns when you board the plane, then collect them when they get off. No more sky jackers.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am more like Archie the older i get. He and Red Foreman are my spirit brothers.
View Quote

You and me both brother.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nailed it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.

Exactly Right!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Rob Reiner is still a  meathead
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Unfortunately, the other half of that team is still around and still mouthing off.

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, the other half of that team is still around and still mouthing off.

https://i.redd.it/zzaa7wek4gs51.png
View Quote

Sums up our current state of living right now to a T!
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Looking at this through an entertainment or comedic sit com lense only I think many shows from that time period hold up well today.

All in the Family
Barney Miller
Soap
Benson
WKRP

All make me chuckle, and I was not old enough to watch them when they first aired.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Say what you want about Carol O'Conner, but that Man served in the Merchant Marines in WW2... Try delivering goods in an unarmed ship in Wartime WW2... Thats a whole lotta "Nope" for me... I would at least want to be on a armed ship... That takes balls....

ETA : I LOVE All in the Family... Archie is my Hero!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
With age comes wisdom.

Archie Bunker was a characture made by hipsters to laugh at old people.

You got old.

You found out the characture was actually right.

"The older I get, the more I find out how smart my dad was."
View Quote

My father always told me that the older I get the wiser I will realize he was. Damn if he didn't nail it as always.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nailed it. That was back in the "Never trust anyone over 30." buzzword days. The contemporary leftist manipulation equivalent is "OK Boomer". WW2 generation father, bad.....draft dodging son in law, Meathead, good.

Watched that show with my folks when I was a kid. Enjoyed it as did most (hell, there was only three other TV channels at the time), but later on I figured out the odor of leftist manipulation. Marxists divide to conquer. All in the Family was a subtle wedge.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#30]
He was the truth
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#31]
The Archie character was meant to show that all conservatives were lovable buffoons with low IQs. Let's all chortle at the old working white man with white socks! A lot of people misinterpreted the intent of the show.

I would have banged Sally Struthers though...........
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/Fb8vFXj.jpg
View Quote

What a cunt that fat fuck is.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/Fb8vFXj.jpg
View Quote

God, I HATE that fat fuck!
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Regardless of the writers intent, I liked All in the Family. All Libs are still meatheads today.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Carroll O'Connor's politics aside, his portrayal endeared Archie Bunker in the hearts of most viewers.  Norman Lear intended for the character to be disliked, but many agreed with the common sense blue collar values being discarded by the t.v. networks' rural purge.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ironically, it back fired since lots of people loved the character.

Similar to Lethal Weapon, filled with PC stuff, but the core of the story pushed conservative values.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#37]
always thought archie was 100 percent gospel
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Kind of like Ron Swanson from Parks and Rec made to be a caricature of being libertarian and anti gov. Or how all the sitcoms from the 2000’s made the man of the house out to be a blubbering idiot and the housewife was the smart one.

ETA- beat on the Ron Swanson reference
View Quote

Sitcoms since the 70s made the man look like weak idiots. Married with Children was an exception, Al was often the butt of the joke, but he would also punch you out.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I miss Archie Bunker but he’d be quickly canceled today. The older shows are so much better than most of the shit liberal Hollywood puts out now.
View Quote

It was liberal Hollywood back then, too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The funny thing is that it kind of backfired, people liked Archie’s character and as a result they canned the political shows and brought in guys like Garry Marshall to produce bubblegum television and avoid political commentary.
View Quote

I wasn't aware of the bubblegum part, but yeah, it did backfire.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The Archie character was meant to show that all conservatives were lovable buffoons with low IQs. Let's all chortle at the old working white man with white socks! A lot of people misinterpreted the intent of the show.

I would have banged Sally Struthers though...........
View Quote

Intent in art doesn't matter, it is how consumers perceive it that matters.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#42]
As has already been said here, it was all so Meathead Rob Reiner and Sally Struthers could set him straight on their liberal hippie bullshit. They did make him an over-the-top racist with the Jeffersons though, the stuff he used to say to and about them. Which then created the spinoff.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
As has already been said here, it was all so Meathead Rob Reiner and Sally Struthers could set him straight on their liberal hippie bullshit. They did make him an over-the-top racist with the Jeffersons though, the stuff he used to say to and about them. Which then created the spinoff.
View Quote

Except it didn't work as intended.

I do recall they had some special episode that was anti gun. Edith (IIRC her name) had some sort of experience or awakening that was anti I recall.

I was a kid when it aired, realized it was lefty propaganda, and generally avoided watching it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Say what you want about Carol O'Conner, but that Man served in the Merchant Marines in WW2... Try delivering goods in an unarmed ship in Wartime WW2... Thats a whole lotta "Nope" for me... I would at least want to be on a armed ship... That takes balls....

ETA : I LOVE All in the Family... Archie is my Hero!!
View Quote

Perhaps you were unaware that many merchant ships were in fact armed?

"From 1942 until the end of World War II in 1945, U.S. Navy Armed Guard gun crews were placed aboard 6,236 merchant ships sailing in all of the world’s oceans. Armed Guard training schools, concentrating on teaching the sailors gunnery skills, were established at Chicago, San Diego, Gulfport, Mississippi and Little Creek/Shelton, Virginia. By the end of the war, nearly 145,000 U.S. Navy sailors had passed through the schools and had served as gunners on merchant ships."

http://armchairgeneral.com/u-s-navy-armed-guard-1942-45-gunners-to-protect-merchant-ships.htm

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Shows like All in the Family, MASH, taxi, married with children, etc. Were the early nuanced examples of liberal Hollywood subversion.

Nowadays it's 100% in your face and about as subtle as a gay pride parade.

The communists themselves couldn't have been as successful as Hollywood was in destroying America.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#46]
this thread reminds me of how that commie stallone tried to make an anti war vet movie called first blood, but the entire country made rambo the hero much to sly and the producers horror...but they did get rich promoting a worldview they hated.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Liberals loved that show. I used to argue with them all the time.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Pass out handguns on the way onto the plane, in order to stop hijacking
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, I’ve usually advocated for knives and box cutters just to minimize the collateral damage. You also get the advantage of the bad guys knowing they will only die slowly.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://i.redd.it/zzaa7wek4gs51.png
View Quote

It’s true most of the time & adds insult to injury. He raised a brainwashed dingbat that hooked up with a social sciences major.

Keep your kids from the modern world.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top