Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:23:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Computer. This is Admiral James T. Kirk requesting security access. Computer. Destruct Sequence One, code one, one-A.
View Quote
One to beam into the center of that star over there.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:25:03 AM EDT
[#2]
300 blackout, subs

Lots of mags.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:26:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
None. Space suit on the bridge. Open all air locks. Close one compartment at a time and turn on fire suppression system. Easy.
View Quote
Quoted:
Yup, just space them.
As stated. Use fire supresson system to direct their movements and then oopsie, did that air lock just open?

My bad you cute aliens.

Just do ot rapidly somthey dont figure out whats happening.
View Quote
Aliens have INTERNAL breathing, they can survive in space and under water.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Flame thrower. If it's alive, bleeds, and breathes, it will burn and die. Maybe the flames will burn the acid blood up before it can cause any damage to the ship as well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:32:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
What does that even mean?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:35:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FPNI
View Quote
I've been trying to figure out what that means haha
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:37:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
None. Space suit on the bridge. Open all air locks. Close one compartment at a time and turn on fire suppression system. Easy.
View Quote
Xenomorphs can survive indefinitely in the vacum of spa
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:40:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Has it been clarified whether their blood just dissolves the material it's touching, or is it like a real chemical reaction that would hurt the xenomorph as much as it effects the projectile?

If it's like the latter, something that doesn't penetrate all the way would be ideal. Let the lead and copper sizzle its guts inside it. Something like a pistol caliber carbine.
View Quote
Their blood doesn’t hurt them at all. It’s theorized that their blood is what powers them and they have no need to eat, breath, drink, or sleep.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:42:24 AM EDT
[#9]
40mm HEDP
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The main issue is ensuring that the bullets don't compromise the structural integrity of the ship. Cause one stray shot that happens to poke a hole means rapid depressurization and everyone dies.
View Quote
Really?  It's a big ship.  How long do you reckon it would take all of the air in the Nostromo to leak out through a 12 gauge sized hole?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:46:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Really?  It's a big ship.  How long do you reckon it would take all of the air in the Nostromo to leak out through a 12 gauge sized hole?
View Quote
And you would think a big ass ship intended for long term space travel with a human crew would be able to withstand some small arms fire.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 1:29:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Xenomorphs can survive indefinitely in the vacum of spa
View Quote
So they're magical?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 1:36:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 1:48:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Benelli M4 (or M2) entry model with light and green laser.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm kinda with the 50 crowd here... M82 and lots of mags. If only Mk 211 was a civilian thing...
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 1:59:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll take Suge Knight.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:03:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

And you would think a big ass ship intended for long term space travel with a human crew would be able to withstand some small arms fire.  
View Quote
If it can take micrometeor hits at velocities sufficient to move it from star system to star system or even interplanetary (assuming some FTL-ish stuff discussed in expanded universy books)... yeah, you should be able to blast a shotgun as much as you want without piercing the outer hull.

All I really want is sufficient lighting so that I can control the xenomorph approach and sneakiness.  I think I could take out the alien with sufficient lighting and even limited weapons in the movie (seeing as how the aliens are flammable).  Basically, I only need to know one thing... where they are.

That said, I do want a fucking wall of lead in the form of 7.62x51 from something like a SCAR, AR10, or FAL to take down this threat, though:

Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:15:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If it can take micrometeor hits at velocities sufficient to move it from star system to star system or even interplanetary (assuming some FTL-ish stuff discussed in expanded universy books)... yeah, you should be able to blast a shotgun as much as you want without piercing the outer hull.

All I really want is sufficient lighting so that I can control the xenomorph approach and sneakiness.  I think I could take out the alien with sufficient lighting and even limited weapons in the movie (seeing as how the aliens are flammable).  Basically, I only need to know one thing... where they are.

That said, I do want a fucking wall of lead in the form of 7.62x51 from something like a SCAR, AR10, or FAL to take down this threat, though:

http://ticker.mesonet.org/archive/20150107/ash-magazine.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://ticker.mesonet.org/archive/20150107/ash-magazine.jpg
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:21:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:23:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Ash was in love with it, though.  He "admired its purity."

If it bleeds, I can kill it.

And I can just arbitrarily exterminate a species.  Watch me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:25:44 AM EDT
[#21]
suppressed 22 caliber pistol to shoot each of the crew members in the knee cap while you run to the life boat. The alien should have a little bit of time spent at each wounded member to allow you to get in and seal the hatch.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:27:37 AM EDT
[#22]
I think .308 Bullpup is the way to go. 2500ft/lbs of energy + 25rd mags + Compact OAL is ideal for use in a confined space ship.

M80A1 handloads would be the projectile of choice, or Lehigh Controlled Chaos.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:28:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Bear spray?  No, FPNI!

ETA: Maybe a light saber would be okay.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:30:56 AM EDT
[#24]
If I can't have a mini-gun like Dillon did, then a hand crank gatling gun
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:37:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Their blood doesn’t hurt them at all. It’s theorized that their blood is what powers them and they have no need to eat, breath, drink, or sleep.
View Quote
My theory was that their blood isn't dangerous until it comes into contact with oxygen.  Which is why traditional impact weapons were so effective against them.  (just a theory, not a fanboy)

I guess I'm on board with the flamethrower crew, if we're talking civilian weapons only.  But honestly, I don't think the crew of the Nostromo utilized the ship's own systems enough.  Seems like each ship would have the ability to purge atmosphere in selected areas...I don't know why this wouldn't have been effective.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:40:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s not the shot that will pierce the hull.

It’s when you splatter it near the hull that acid blood thing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:40:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has it been clarified whether their blood just dissolves the material it's touching, or is it like a real chemical reaction that would hurt the xenomorph as much as it effects the projectile?

If it's like the latter, something that doesn't penetrate all the way would be ideal. Let the lead and copper sizzle its guts inside it. Something like a pistol caliber carbine.
Fine, but that makes them perpetual motion life forms with no need to reproduce, right?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:42:06 AM EDT
[#28]
M60 E5
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:42:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My theory was that their blood isn't dangerous until it comes into contact with oxygen.  Which is why traditional impact weapons were so effective against them.  (just a theory, not a fanboy)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To nerd out, the Colonial Marines Technical Manual basically talks about their blood as an acid being part of a bio-electrochemical battery and that their blood does basically fuel them; though they do eat and break things down somehow further - ETA: precisely because they aren't perpetual motion machines, but can put themselves on standby and survive in extreme climates pretty easily.

Also, their carapace/exoskeleton is supposed to be some kind of acid-resistant teflon or hydrocarbon or something that would render them flammable as well as durable.  I'd have to dig the book out to read up on the chemistry they wrote out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:53:25 AM EDT
[#30]

Toss the cat at the alien while I make a run for it to the life boat.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:54:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It’s not the shot that will pierce the hull.

It’s when you splatter it near the hull that acid blood thing.
View Quote
They were referring to the bullet holes.  But even with some acid the ship should be able to take it.  In the movies every dead xenomorph doesn't create a big hole in the ship.  They just splatter some acid.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:54:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
To nerd out, the Colonial Marines Technical Manual basically talks about their blood as an acid being part of a bio-electrochemical battery and that their blood does basically fuel them; though they do eat and break things down somehow further - ETA: precisely because they aren't perpetual motion machines, but can put themselves on standby and survive in extreme climates pretty easily.

Also, their carapace/exoskeleton is supposed to be some kind of acid-resistant teflon or hydrocarbon or something that would render them flammable as well as durable.  I'd have to dig the book out to read up on the chemistry they wrote out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok!  I submit to your mastery of the subject.  Still seems like they breathe, though...In my head, I see them breathing noisily just before some slow attacks on solitary, trapped humans...and I'm pretty sure they made a big thing about the queen breathing when Ripley first confronted her.  Lot of hissing and screeching going on, too...seems like that would indicate respiration?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:08:50 AM EDT
[#33]
You can't kill the alien if there's only one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:12:12 AM EDT
[#34]
I know . . . !

You construct a weapon. Look around, can you form some sort of rudimentary lathe?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:12:55 AM EDT
[#35]
M1917

water cooled-  plenty of H20 and a looooooong belt

set up in a choke point, back against the wall.

if NFA is against the rules...

45-70 Gatling gun and a loader and a mountain of sticks/magazines

if crew served is against the rules...

maybe one of those FN 249s for civilians with a bump stock or echo trigger configured

if it has to be sort of real

an Ohio Ordinance BAR
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:42:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I would mod a shotgun to use slugs which had copper wires ran back to an Arc welder, sort of a Taser on Steroids. Set it on 11.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:43:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup, just space them.
As stated. Use fire supresson system to direct their movements and then oopsie, did that air lock just open?

My bad you cute aliens.

Just do ot rapidly somthey dont figure out whats happening.
Good luck mr alien, with the wtf ever internal breathing, flopping anround in deep space.

I will air lock your xenomorph ass, watch you flail about and lol, while my hot pocket heats up..
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:45:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
But it will decompress, nonetheless.  And if you're too busy trying to kill an alien you might not have time to plug it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Small hole won't decompress the ship that fast.
But it will decompress, nonetheless.  And if you're too busy trying to kill an alien you might not have time to plug it.
ships will have a device that releases a bunch of small balls which are designed to seal punctures, automatic operation
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:45:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Wait a second people! I've been told shotguns are only good for dove, ducks, geese, turkey, and maybe the occasional rabbit...
Xenomorph=extraterrestrial turkey?

Gosh I love the Alien movies...
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:58:27 AM EDT
[#40]
.308 shorty like a G3/FAL with .30 cal subcaliber (SLAP) rounds.

The Xeno's had very tough skins, even in Aliens the M41a was just able to take them apart, the handguns could barely get through their skin, and in some cases couldn't. Which explains why the little laser gun thingys they had in the original wouldn't have worked.

The Subcaliber darts would be able to penetrate the skin easier and not deflect as much.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 4:12:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Holland and holland 4 bore double barrel .
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 4:28:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Anything in .308.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 4:40:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Nuking it from orbit is the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 4:57:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Harsh language
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 5:09:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Saiga 12 with 20 Rd drums with buckshot and slugs loaded alternating in the drum.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 5:13:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They were referring to the bullet holes.  But even with some acid the ship should be able to take it.  In the movies every dead xenomorph doesn't create a big hole in the ship.  They just splatter some acid.
View Quote
In alien when they try and cut the finger of a face hugger a few drops go through several decks.

Alien resurrection and aliens massive damage is done, huge holes in decks. If that was near the hull that’s some big old open to space hole. Not to mention pipes,electrics etc that get burned up too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 6:15:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Declare the Nostromo a sanctuary ship, offer the xenomoph free healthcare, a pathway to citizenship, and register it (and all the people it killed) as a Democrat...twice.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This.  Not only do you not want your bullets to poke holes in the ship, you don't want them poking holes in the aliens and releasing acid that will eat through the bulkheads.

Flame weapons only.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The main issue is ensuring that the bullets don't compromise the structural integrity of the ship. Cause one stray shot that happens to poke a hole means rapid depressurization and everyone dies.
This.  Not only do you not want your bullets to poke holes in the ship, you don't want them poking holes in the aliens and releasing acid that will eat through the bulkheads.

Flame weapons only.
This
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#49]
I would use a Mossberg Shockwave in that ship with all the tight corners. My load would be the hybrid buck/slug combo rounds suitable for facehuggers and the full size kiss my mini mouth ones. Oh and I would have a belt full of baking soda boxes!
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:48:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Saiga 12 loaded with alternately Dixie Terminator slugs/Dixie Tri-Ball's l  + as many drum mags as i can carry.
If available i would prefer a Gilbert Equipment Corp. USAS 12 with the same loadout.
Page / 3
Top Top