Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/19/2023 8:56:26 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File
I just wanted to say fuck yellow jackets. I got tagged over a dozen times today, and even the puppy for a few too. Thank God for Benadryl and doctors that give steroid shots. The last time I got stung was over a decade ago by two of them, and I looked like Mike Tyson had punched me the in the faith repeatedly.

The puppy got tagged at least 3 times outside. He's a good boy- saw me scrambling and spinning my wheels trying to get up the hill and away and started biting at the ones still swarming me and not yet clung all over stinging the shit out of me. He got stung by the three he ate (retard), once by his eye, once on his butt, once on the tail, and once on his belly. I had to run inside the house, through it, and in the garage before I stripped because I didn't want any flyers to fly off after stinging me to later get my little ones, but once I'm the garage I closed the door behind me, stripped, and had a battle with wasp spray. I got 8 of them in the garage and the puppy got let in by the wife and he scored one. Somehow he ate one without getting stung.

I went back out a second ago to see exactly where they were and to plan my revenge, and that dummy went straight for the hole in the ground and got stung in the ass again before I could pull him out and get him back inside.

Anyway, it's a little close to the house to burn them alive, but I'll still kill them all. They've got to go.

3 from the garage battle.

All others dead by fumes. Looks like one survivor, I'll have to fix that tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Got me a few weeks ago when I was mowing in the elbow.  Hurt for two days.

I took my revenge, and it was very satisfying.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I had my first encounter with them last year. They came after me on my deck with a vengeance and got me twice. They also went after my oldest pup. She is fearless, but ran into the house and was shaking like a leaf. Poor baby. I called our pest control people and they came out and removed the nest. Somehow the guy didn’t even have a protection suit on. He said he’s never been stung doing that. Clearly he has super powers.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I was walking across the lawn today and saw a hole in the ground that was a little to clean and symmetrical. Just got finished dusting the hole with permethrin dust.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#6]
That foaming ground bee killer is pretty hard on them.  I like to open the next up a bit with a 12ga first.   They don't like 00 buck.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I mowed today and kept expecting to get hit .

Had three nests last year in the yard , wasp spray didn’t do dick, so gas it was !
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#8]
When I was a yute, I climbed on top of a chicken coop and there was a big nest up there I didn't know about.  They got me a half dozen times before I jumped off the top running.  I kill them with a vengeance whenever I get a chance now.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That foaming ground bee killer is pretty hard on them.  I like to open the next up a bit with a 12ga first.   They don't like 00 buck.
View Quote

That’s what I used on the yellow jackets last year , they laughed that shit off .

The foam won’t go down the hole enough to get them
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#10]
My dog got real excited when she found a big ground nest yesterday.  It received all three cans of foam spray I had in the garage this morning before leaving for work, still had yellowjackets flying out.

No activity this evening though
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck bees, and they get nasty the closer to winter we get.

I must have a nest around somewhere because I've been seeing them more lately and they're starting to piss me off. I'm pretty allergic so I tend not to fuck with them too bad. Going to hunt the cunts down though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Had one nest under my deck a few weeks ago. Went after them in the middle of the day with a can of carb spray, wasp and hornet spray and a metal pole. I was surprised I didn't get stung.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just wanted to say fuck yellow jackets. I got tagged over a dozen times today, and even the puppy for a few too. Thank God for Benadryl and doctors that give steroid shots. The last time I got stung was over a decade ago by two of them, and I looked like Mike Tyson had punched me the in the faith repeatedly.

The puppy got tagged at least 3 times outside. He's a good boy- saw me scrambling and spinning my wheels trying to get up the hill and away and started biting at the ones still swarming me and not yet clung all over stinging the shit out of me. He got stung by the three he ate (retard), once by his eye, once on his butt, once on the tail, and once on his belly. I had to run inside the house, through it, and in the garage before I stripped because I didn't want any flyers to fly off after stinging me to later get my little ones, but once I'm the garage I closed the door behind me, stripped, and had a battle with wasp spray. I got 8 of them in the garage and the puppy got let in by the wife and he scored one. Somehow he ate one without getting stung.

I went back out a second ago to see exactly where they were and to plan my revenge, and that dummy went straight for the hole in the ground and got stung in the ass again before I could pull him out and get him back inside.

Anyway, it's a little close to the house to burn them alive, but I'll still kill them all. They've got to go.
View Quote

I always just use a good insecticide in a pump up sprayer with the nozzle set to send a single stream as far as it will go.

Because I hate getting stung I usually sit in my truck with the window down just low enough to get the spray wand out and hose down the entrance with a couple gallons.

That has always worked for me and never been stung that way. No need for flammable liquids or waiting till dark.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I love these threads.  Between the "all flying things that sting are bees" and the "wasp spray doesn't work" crew many laughs are to be had.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I love these threads.  Between the "all flying things that sting are bees" and the "wasp spray doesn't work" crew many laughs are to be had.
View Quote

Bald-Faced hornets, a hedge, a well-hidden large nest and hedge trimmers chopping away will quickly eliminate all humor.  For a few hours, at least.  Man, those are some vicious mofos when you fuck with their abode.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a sizable nest inside my wooden siding!

I blasted it last night, but the fuckers came out in mass today!

More nuking tonight wish me luck!
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#17]
If you have a dog with thick hair double and even triple check their coat.

That's happened to me a few times with the dogs and they still had bees in their coat even when we got home.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I got hit by a newfound nest in a hollow stump. That night went back and gassed and fired them. I swear some were successfully flying out through the fire.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I got hit this weekend in NC.  Was walking a busy trail in Pisgah and all of a sudden my ankle was on fire.  I smacked it several times, but its stinger was stuck in my leg and it couldn’t let go.  Finally it dropped off and I’m trying to kill it.  I was able to wound and finally went back to kill him.  I was only one to get let up.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Cleaning some sticks and stuff about 10 years ago and got hit 14 on the back of the hand and forearm...felt like my arm was on fire within one second

Link Posted: 7/20/2023 2:54:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I got swarmed by them as a kid.  The barn door got caught by the wind when I went out to feed the horse and there was a whole mess of them living in the wall of the barn.  I just remember running as fast as I could for the house and my entire neck, shoulders and arms covered with yellow jackets stinging the hell out me.  Mom said she stopped counting stings at 30 something because there were just too many.  I was sooo sick.  She gave me a bunch of Benadryl and I think I slept clear through till the next afternoon.  

Every time I see a yellow jacket anymore I relive that in my mind again.  I agree, eff those evil bastards.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 4:50:17 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I think some here are mistaking wasps or hornets for yellowjackets.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/20/2023 4:53:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Sevin (sp?) dust in squeeze bottle shot in their hood kills pretty well.
Do it at night when all the little assholes are home.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 6:00:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Stepped on top of a yellow jacket hole barefoot as a boy, took a couple to the sole of my foot. I haven't forgiven them since.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 6:11:44 AM EDT
[#26]
When I was 7 years old I was riding a tricycle in my aunts back yard, ran over a nest and they came out like a black and yellow cloud. Got stung 26 times, went into shock and was rushed to the hospital. I remember it so vividly, I was screaming bloody murder and my father was slapping them off of me. I have a hatred for them that has only gotten more pure as I have grown. I will go out of my way to kill every one of them I see.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#27]
I went a couple decades without getting stung and now I'm getting stung all the time.

Last week I got hammered twice by wasps that built a nest under the rim of my trashcan.  Last year yellow jackets moved into an old garter snake hole against the foundation.  It went from "oh it's just a couple" to within days "holy fucking shit there's a billion of them".

The other year my neighbor went on vacation so I mowed his grass for him.  Got hammered by yellow jackets.  Of course their relative, who doesn't know me, shows up to take the dog out as I'm lighting the hole on fire
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#28]
I deal with yellow jackets every year living in the woods. I’ve tried everything on the market and gas to get them to die. Last year I used the Bonide ground nest and spider killer. Fine powder you puff into the opening of the nest. In one day it took care of a nest that 4 cans of the foaming spray would not touch. I highly recommend giving it a try.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Chuckled at "faith." I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Had a nest at the corner of my yard shed at my old house. Mowed over it twice before I found out where it was. Went out there in the evening with a gas and oil mixture, dumped it down the hole, lit it on fire. Never had another problem with them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 7:22:18 AM EDT
[#31]
YJ's be the debil.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 7:24:00 AM EDT
[#32]
I am willing to make an exception to the "No Chemical Weapons" clause for those buzzing assholes.

DIE BUG DIE!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#33]
I post this about every year:

How to get rid of yellow jacket nests the easy and safe way

During the daylight hours, watch for them flying in and out of their hole in the ground.

Get a long stick, board, piece of PVC pipe, or something and lay it on the ground with the far end near their hole. This is so you can find the hole later in the dark.

Get an empty 2-liter Coke bottle and fill it about half full of gasoline and set aside.

Late at night or early the next morning before daylight, use a flashlight to find the hole at the end of your long stick. The yellow jackets will be in their hole asleep. Take the open Coke bottle of gasoline, walk up to their hole, and turn the bottle upside down, sticking the neck of the bottle in their hole.

Leave the bottle there and just walk away

Next day they will all be dead. You might see 1 or 2 flying around but probably not.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:Anyway, it's a little close to the house to burn them alive, but I'll still kill them all. They've got to go.
View Quote

But killing them with fire is so satisfying.

Your insurance agent will understand.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I mowed today and kept expecting to get hit.
View Quote
This is my third summer in Michigan's UP and I still remember yellow jacket nests locations from the last three years. Not like they stay in the same hole year-to-year it's just PTSD.

?? Bee good to the other flyers with stingers but stomp all the yellow jackets to death.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I deal with yellow jackets every year living in the woods. I’ve tried everything on the market and gas to get them to die. Last year I used the Bonide ground nest and spider killer. Fine powder you puff into the opening of the nest. In one day it took care of a nest that 4 cans of the foaming spray would not touch. I highly recommend giving it a try.
View Quote
Is this the stuff?

Link Posted: 7/20/2023 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79749/IMG_4383_png-2892082.JPG
View Quote

Yellow jackets are a species of wasp lol I don't understand why the US thinks they are bees
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Bald-Faced hornets, a hedge, a well-hidden large nest and hedge trimmers chopping away will quickly eliminate all humor.  For a few hours, at least.  Man, those are some vicious mofos when you fuck with their abode.
View Quote

I've experienced that exact same thing.  Took me a few seconds to figure out what was hitting me and why.  Then i ran like a girl.

Lesson learned - i always check the hedges now before i start to make sure there're no nests.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yellow jackets are a species of wasp lol I don't understand why the US thinks they are bees
View Quote

I don’t know anyone who ever called a yellow jacket a bee.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#42]
The go in the ground at dark.
Put Sevin powder in, around hole.
Next day the workers get it on them and take it inside. Problem solved.

I've had two in my yard.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#43]
I got hammered quite a few years ago when I worked at a state park.  Push mower by the front porch of an abandoned house on the property.  I thought I ran over an ant hill at first.  Then I looked down.  My lower legs were covered in yellow jackets.  I've never seen a cloud like that before.  I got lit up 175-200 times and they were down my shirt and buzzing around my entire body.  They followed me into the work truck as I flailed my arms and hands and screamed like a Mary.  I was squashing YJ's on the windshield, the seats, crunching them while they were down the front and back of my shirt.  They were obsessed. I radioed the park manager and when he found out how many times I got stung he had me drive back to the office to sit with him all day to watch for an allergic reaction.  I was welted up something fierce but had no allergic reactions.  I hate the bastards......
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#44]
I got stung behind the ear yesterday by a red wasp.  I subsequently killed a lot of red wasps yesterday.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I got stung behind the ear yesterday by a red wasp.  I subsequently killed a lot of red wasps yesterday.
View Quote

Those guys are assholes too. They seem to hurt a touch more than yellow jackets, but I've only ever been tagged by 1 or 2 of them at a time thankfully. Yellow jackets attempt triple digit numbers every time
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#46]
We get yellow jacket nests every year. I soak them with Termidor SC from a sprayer, kills them dead quickly.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79749/IMG_4383_png-2892082.JPG
View Quote

What if I told you yellowjackets and hornets are also wasps
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#49]
I took care of a large yellow jacket nest last year that stung 5 of us in our dog walking group.

YouTube video suggested approaching nest hole at night. Place a piece of screen over opening then pour a bottle of Dawn dish detergent in hole.

Once this is done, pour about a gallon of water in.

It works. Nest was dormant next day.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#50]
You can use boric acid. Not as fast as fire, but cheap and easy.  I did this last year for a nest I found out in the woods when clearing with my 1025r (got stung once).

Safely kill ALL Hornets, Yellow Jackets and Wasps for 1/2 mile. Safe for honeybees.

Alternatively, you can also put some dog food or scraps out there for the racoons and they'll dig up the nest for you.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top