Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2022 5:26:46 PM EDT

Threw a Hobbywing max5/ 800kv combo in it with M2C Racing motor/esc mounts, as well as their chassis brace.  MOD1.5 gears that are a 30 tooth pinion and spur gear.  Dedicated 2s battery for fans and 1/5 scale servo.  Then there’s all the normal bolt ons.  It’s a freaking beast, lol.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't even keep the front end down or gone flat out with the castle 1717. It does standing backflips easy now. I can't imagine one of those really big motors.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven’t really beat on it too much yet.  I have the “punch” turned down for the moment.  Lol, definitely not a WOT all the time truck anymore.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
That motor looks like a riot!!

One.of these days I might drop a large setup like that in my Mojave 6s.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't even keep the front end down or gone flat out with the castle 1717. It does standing backflips easy now. I can't imagine one of those really big motors.
View Quote

There was a couple of guys out with some big ( 1/8th scale ) trucks out where I fly my electrics and one let me have a go with his.  I laughed like a small boy the first time I hit the gas and it did a backflip.

Holy shit those things have a lot of power now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That motor looks like a riot!!

One.of these days I might drop a large setup like that in my Mojave 6s.
View Quote

The Mojave might be my next one!  How do you like it?  Does it take a whooping like they say?    @deerhurst
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Today I took it out for the 3rd time, I will start beating on it now.  Should be broken in enough and double checked everything.  Turned the punch up to 3 and it backflips off little jumps now.  Stock 20/50 it wouldn’t do it at the skate park on large jumps, lol.  If I could sum it up, I would say it’s like a rowdy 1/10 scale now, ??.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The Mojave might be my next one!  How do you like it?  Does it take a whooping like they say?    @deerhurst
View Quote

I really like it. It's a beast. I blew out the steering servo within a few packs and I did break a lower front arm the second pack out. Havnt broken anything since.

Not sure why the servo died. Turned it off and back on and it barfed. I wasn't a spektrum fan before I got this rig and that isn't helping.

The ball stud on the lower arm ripped out on me. Granted it was a really poor landing from a small jump off a hill side at WOT so probably 20+ft of air. I've been pounding on it on pavent since and it has been perfectly fine.

Arrma warranted out both parts but I bought spares anyways. Don't trust that spektrum servo. All I had to do was send a photo of each piece.

I do wish they had either included a better radio as the included one is kinda cheap or had a bind n drive option. While I do have a spektrum radio (DX3c and it was a throw in on a truck I bought years back) apparently the new receivers use a different communication than the old ones.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you very much.  That shall be my first arrma.  I was going to get a k8exb, but one big one is enough, lol.  Got no room for another.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#10]
The suspension on the Mojave 6s is pretty supple and long travel.

I'd rather chassis slap a little on landings. Spreads out the load over a much larger surface area. I havnt had a problem yet and I've been setting up trucks to touch the chassis to the ground for probably almost 15 years.

SWB is twitchier. LWB is more stable but possibly more prone to bending/damage.

The chassis braces on the Mojave are pretty stout. If you need more I believe aluminum ones are available. I'll probably machine my own if I need stronger ones.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#11]
My Xmaxx is fixed up and hopefully better than ever.

Attachment Attached File

I put on the wideMaxx kit, new fan mounts, proline shock shafts, sledgehammer tires, and alloy diff covers.

It's a good thing I got the covers because one was cracked and I didn't even know about it.
Attachment Attached File

I also have new bumper mounts coming as both of those are broken too.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:47:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My Xmaxx is fixed up and hopefully better than ever.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/300501/D9F7CFFB-22BB-41F4-A4DB-CA7F12A0BEEF_jpe-2375165.JPG

I put on the wideMaxx kit, new fan mounts, proline shock shafts, sledgehammer tires, and alloy diff covers.

It's a good thing I got the covers because one was cracked and I didn't even know about it.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/300501/0E8DBE1F-32D1-48DC-9E8D-9D8E419EA48D_jpe-2375163.JPG

I also have new bumper mounts coming as both of those are broken too.

View Quote

Nice.  Those proline shafts are tough, mine have taken some hard hits
the aluminum diff covers along with shims make the diffs pretty stout.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn, I have a bone stock X, and the thing is already a beast in my view. I could only imagine what that kind of setup is like.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#14]
In all the 30+ years of being into RC, I have never liked Traxxas. With that said, the Maxx and XMaxx have impressed me to the point of buying one of them this weekend. Just trying to decide between the two and the color.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In all the 30+ years of being into RC, I have never liked Traxxas. With that said, the Maxx and XMaxx have impressed me to the point of buying one of them this weekend. Just trying to decide between the two and the color.
View Quote
Honestly it comes down to budget really and how much you want to spend on some "toys"

Going with the Xmaxx means spending basically double on everything. From the truck, to batteries, to parts.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nice.  Those proline shafts are tough, mine have taken some hard hits
the aluminum diff covers along with shims make the diffs pretty stout.
View Quote
Before the proline shafts I bent another stock one with this hit somehow.
Attachment Attached File

I already bent a few of the stock ones back by then and was done with doing that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Honestly it comes down to budget really and how much you want to spend on some "toys"

Going with the Xmaxx means spending basically double on everything. From the truck, to batteries, to parts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This and the extra space, lol
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:52:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had a Tmaxx years ago, so I know what that size is like.  

I currently have a Xmaxx.

The xmaxx really needs a lot more space to run aorund and have fun. If your play area is tight, get the maxx.  If your play area is enonormous, get the xmaxx.

Actually I recommend the Sledge over the maxx if you need to be around that size.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top