Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You bring up an excellent point. Many of those trees were in a drainage easement.
View Quote

So you day they are in a wetland area, eh?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
99% of the time I am MYOB even for major things.  The way you described the situation and the cunt, I would have fun burning her down.
Call the city, HOA, Dr. Phil, everybody.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This. Don't like it, plant your own trees on your own property
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MYOB, you can't win or even pull a draw. Edit I just noticed it was on their land, not yours or the widows. Sorry charlie, I side with the tree cutters, their land, their rules.

This. Don't like it, plant your own trees on your own property

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So you day they are in a wetland area, eh?
View Quote

South Carolina low country... pretty much everywhere is wetlands.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:20:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I would most definitely try to help out the widow if she is being wronged.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Some of y’all need to reread the op. He clearly stated that the Bunyan’s cut down trees on the widows side of the property line. For that he should be whispering ideas in the old lady’s ear.

And OP, we could use some MSPaint here.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Do it!
My baby brother had a nice home that he built himself in rural NY.
Some developers came in and clear cut the mountain above his property and every time it rained there was massive flooding and dirt slides, pretty much closing his access road.
They went bankrupt leaving him to deal with the mess.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:32:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Im pissed About the situation in general, not on behalf of the widow. I do feel bad for her because of her loss of privacy and likely financial losses.

The tree line looks like shit from my property too.
View Quote

see if there was a permit and if not drop the dime,I hate assholes that think they can do as the please without consequence.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Dood -

Check out the Tree Law section on reddit.  Or look at some of the youtube videos where they read the reddit posts to you.

If the trees were really on the old widow's property, she could get several thousand per tree.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:44:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My side of the subdivision is smaller lots... .20-.25 acre.

The lots on the other side of the fence are on a cul-de-sac and around .25-.30 Acre
View Quote

A 1/4 acre? What'd she have two trees "clear cut"?  My freaken garden is 50x125
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What kind of fucked up place do you live in and which you have to have a permit to cut down trees on your own property? I can understand if this lady cut some trees that didn't belong to her, but you should absolutely have the right to cut down trees on your own property. I say mind your own business.
View Quote

Town I live in requires a permit to cut down a tree.  $35.  I’ve never paid it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd be making some calls if it was as bad as you say.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#13]
If you have damages and can litigate, litigate.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Scorched earth - anonymously.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:42:24 AM EDT
[#15]
I wouldn't give a shit about trees that weren't mine, but I would be hopping mad if someone were to steal my trees. Around here, trees are money. I can't even count time times some asshole as stopped here offering to buy my trees, but I have a lot of oak and walnut.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:52:08 AM EDT
[#16]
I hate cunty women more than HOAs...  burn the bitch
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:05:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:18:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This was originally going to be a rant thread, but I allowed myself to regain my bearing before flying off the handle.

Im enjoying my coffee Friday morning listening to tree crews cutting on the property behind my fence. These are small lots in a subdivision, separated by a natural vegetation buffer of mature pines and deciduous trees. Thinking that perhaps a tree was a potential threat during this hurricane season, I didn't think much of it at first. Welp, by Saturday afternoon, the fucktards had clearcut all of the trees in their backyard... 125' of treeline, probably 10-15' deep.

My nextdoor neighbor is a septuagenarian widow who has (had?) a beautifully planted backyard full of shade-loving  vegetation that is now in full sun exposure for most of the day. She now has ZERO privacy into nearly all of her bedroom and living spaces, thanks to our rear neighbor, Mrs. Paul Bunyan. The Widow's property values are probably diminished as a result. Needless to say, she is quite upset. In comparison, my tree line is thinned out considerably, but I still have fair privacy.

According to the widow, she had a previous run-in with Mrs. Bunyan, who had claimed that the widows fence was over her property line. The widow described Mrs Bunyan as "Sassy", which, taken in context, meant she is a royal cunt. Mine and the widows homes are about 15years old, and the fences were installed when new. Mrs Bunyan's home is about 5 years old and she tied into our fence line.

I pulled up the plats for the subdivision, and measured our property lines, which showed my fence on the line (although over the rear setback), and the widow's fence line doesn't even extend to the setback. Furthermore, the natural boundaries are noted as protected in the notes.

So from what I can tell, cunt Bunyan clearcut a protected natural boundary, of which at least 10' were likely on the Widow's property.

I highly doubt that any of work was permitted by Th e HOA or city, which has ordinances heavily restricting tree removal for any trees over a 8" DBH.

Sooo... throw the Bunyans under the bus to the city an HOA or MYOB?

TL;DR: asshole neighbor clearcut protected natural buffers; most likely Illegally. I would like to throw them under the bus. Im about to demand they have Bill call me.
View Quote
Need me to send you a dime?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:21:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't know exactly what it's called (Easement, Setback, Requirement, whatever) but when my parents bought their house they were told that any tree removal 15 feet from the back lot line required city approval unless it was partially destroyed by weather or termites.

Therefore each back to back property had 30 feet of buffer growth between houses. To make matters even more tricky, my parents house was slightly higher than the trees so there was a small wetland within the 30 feet buffer. To do anything back there required double permits.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:22:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Not your problem. If they illegally cut trees on her property that sucks and she should considering taking legal action... but it’s her problem, not yours.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:23:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Befriend Mr. Bunyan, and really lay some syrup on her whenever you interact with the fair matriarch of lumberjackery. Do a lot of yard work shirtless, casting some longing glances her way now and then. Then within a few weeks you’ll be able to break her shitter.

Then lay it out for her while you get dressed. She owes Agnus a lot of new trees, and she’ll be baking cookies for her as an apology while the nursery is delivering these replacement trees. Or, you’ll tell Paul what a skank his well kept wife is up to while he’s out doing...whatever.

Once you’ve used sexual blackmail to right all these neighborly wrongs, you can tell Agnus what a fine thing you’ve done to protect her honor.

Then, and only then, will she shoo the bats outta there for you and let you get up in them dusty gizzards.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:29:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Cutting trees down without a permit can be a serious financial issue. I'd make a call to the city and ask if a permit was granted for that work.
View Quote

This, if you really think he cut down trees not on his property.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:29:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Depending on the circumstances, i.e. if the widow has been a good neighbor, maybe just give her the information
and let her make her own decision on what to do with the info.

If she doesn't do anything, wash your hands and refuse to be roped in to do it for her
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 3:48:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Unless you get a survey done you don’t really know where the actual property lines are.

Let it go and move on.
View Quote

Ayup.

Their property their property rights to cut down whatever they want. Maybe they got tired of cleaning up leaves, or were concerned about a tree falling on someones shit and as a preventive, cut it.

I doubt the trees are somehow protected as you are thinking, but its likely more of a plat description of the natural boundary.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 3:51:49 AM EDT
[#25]
HOAs -LOL

you people get the hell you deserve

MYOB OP
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:03:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Befriend Mr. Bunyan, and really lay some syrup on her whenever you interact with the fair matriarch of lumberjackery. Do a lot of yard work shirtless, casting some longing glances her way now and then. Then within a few weeks you’ll be able to break her shitter.

Then lay it out for her while you get dressed. She owes Agnus a lot of new trees, and she’ll be baking cookies for her as an apology while the nursery is delivering these replacement trees. Or, you’ll tell Paul what a skank his well kept wife is up to while he’s out doing...whatever.

Once you’ve used sexual blackmail to right all these neighborly wrongs, you can tell Agnus what a fine thing you’ve done to protect her honor.

Then, and only then, will she shoo the bats outta there for you and let you get up in them dusty gizzards.
View Quote

Listen to this man, OP.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:04:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Do you really want to get involved a dispute between two other neighbors? You must love drama.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:48:55 AM EDT
[#28]
If trees were really on widow ladies property, then tell her who to complain to. If not, myob.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:15:26 AM EDT
[#29]
How many trees were cut down?  

on .2 acres I can't imagine it was very many.  

From reading your post, I thought maybe she clear cut 100 acres next to the house.

What type of trees were they?

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Threads like these sure bring out the smug.  

OP, fuck that lady.  If she cut trees on the widows property or the community buffer then she should get her ass reamed.
You were affected too.  

If they were her trees then so be it.
Always sad when some asshole cuts down a 100 yo tree for their feels but it is what it is. (not necessarily this situation).
In my shitty, you cant cut any tree down without a permit and have to replace it.  
I don't necessarily agree with this ordinance but I understand why it exists.  
Chyna is asshoe...

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#31]
The more I deal with stupid dicks everyday, the more my opinion changes on this kind of stuff. Fuck that bitch, I’d throw her right under the bus. It may not be your property today, but what are the chances she will mess with it in the future? I didn’t say anything when my neighbors were doing dumb things before, and now they’re running a full blown dog rescue out of their 850 square foot house. People should know moving into an HOA you don’t have the freedoms of living in the county and should accept there’s possible repercussions for certain actions.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A 1/4 acre? What'd she have two trees "clear cut"?  My freaken garden is 50x125
View Quote

I once owned a house with a 1/4 acre. There were six huge trees in the back yard, and there was room for one more huge tree.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Buffers, setbacks, and property lines are important to quality of life and general intangible enjoyment of the property.

Call zoning, ask about tree preservation and buffer ordinances in regards to (insert offending property address here) since you heard a lot of saw work.

Don't give your name or address since you aren't reporting a problem - you're just asking about tree preservation and buffering.
View Quote

Caller id new to you?

Your name and address is on the screen to the person taking the call...
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#34]
I don't have that kind of time in my day.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

HOA.... covenants and restrictions, and all that.

Not a fan of subdivisions or HOAs. One of the major reasons we bought this property was because of the privacy and shade given by the protected Natural buffers. Preventing situations like this is one of the primary reasons for having an HOA.
View Quote

This.

If you insist on living in an HOA, make the rules work for you.  God knows you pay for them.  Every month.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#36]
which neighbor

leftside is a coast guard helo pilot who goes shooting with me  and buys meat & says "here smoke this for me"

He is not going any where I'll bury bodies in my yard for him.

right side drunken alcoholic pot head with a bitchy wife & a son in and out of jail for stealing & drugs
fuck yeah

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#37]
I hate trees that could wreck my home. Good chop.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Whatever you do, don't forget to post it here. Don't leave us hangin'.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Her property?  Who cares...

Only way to find the property lines is getting the Surveyors out there, she measured herself?  

Just plant more trees on your property line...

A permit to cut down a tree?  
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Her property?  Who cares...

Only way to find the property lines is getting the Surveyors out there, she measured herself?  

Just plant more trees on your property line...

A permit to cut down a tree?  
View Quote

They gave me a pretty little map, drawn to scale, and corners were even still flagged 5 years later. So easy a widow and her neighbor could figure it out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#41]
UPDATE:

Measured mine and the adjacent property line; Very few of the trees were actually on the Bunyans’ property. The trees were Mostly on the Widow’s property, but all were part of the buffer zone. They also cut down one or two on my property. City code enforcement Shut them down this morning.

ETA: I Google Earth, I overlaid property lines in red and fence lines in blue. Yellow  Blob is the clear-cut Area.

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This was originally going to be a rant thread, but I allowed myself to regain my bearing before flying off the handle.

Im enjoying my coffee Friday morning listening to tree crews cutting on the property behind my fence. These are small lots in a subdivision, separated by a natural vegetation buffer of mature pines and deciduous trees. Thinking that perhaps a tree was a potential threat during this hurricane season, I didn’t think much of it at first. Welp, by Saturday afternoon, the fucktards had clearcut all of the trees in their backyard... 125’ of treeline, probably 10-15’ deep.

My nextdoor neighbor is a septuagenarian widow who has (had?) a beautifully planted backyard full of shade-loving  vegetation that is now in full sun exposure for most of the day. She now has ZERO privacy into nearly all of her bedroom and living spaces, thanks to our rear neighbor, Mrs. Paul Bunyan. The Widow’s property values are probably diminished as a result. Needless to say, she is quite upset. In comparison, my tree line is thinned out considerably, but I still have fair privacy.

According to the widow, she had a previous run-in with Mrs. Bunyan, who had claimed that the widows fence was over her property line. The widow described Mrs Bunyan as “Sassy”, which, taken in context, meant she is a royal cunt. Mine and the widows homes are about 15years old, and the fences were installed when new. Mrs Bunyan’s home is about 5 years old and she tied into our fence line.

I pulled up the plats for the subdivision, and measured our property lines, which showed my fence on the line (although over the rear setback), and the widow’s fence line doesn’t even extend to the setback. Furthermore, the natural boundaries are noted as protected in the notes.

So from what I can tell, cunt Bunyan clearcut a protected natural boundary, of which at least 10’ were likely on the Widow’s property.

I highly doubt that any of work was permitted by Th e HOA or city, which has ordinances heavily restricting tree removal for any trees over a 8” DBH.

Sooo... throw the Bunyans under the bus to the city an HOA or MYOB?

TL;DR: asshole neighbor clearcut protected natural buffers; most likely Illegally. I would like to throw them under the bus. Im about to demand they have Bill call me.
View Quote

DO IT!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
UPDATE:

Measured mine and the adjacent property line; Very few of the trees were actually on the Bunyans' property. The trees were Mostly on the Widow's property, but all were part of the buffer zone. They also cut down one or two on my property. City code enforcement Shut them down this morning.

ETA: I Google Earth, I overlaid property lines in red and fence lines in blue. Yellow  Blob is the clear-cut Area.

https://i.imgur.com/wnbpoJd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5KCLTb3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Vete1e3.png

https://i.imgur.com/PCl6Ypd.jpg
View Quote

I changed my advice:

Scorched Fucking Earth.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#44]
I'd tell the old lady what's what and what her options are then bow out.

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#45]
I stopped reading when I got to "cunt Bunyan" and am still waiting on EMS to get here with the oxygen required to keep me from dying of laughter.

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#47]
You might be able to look up the plat on the County Assessor GIS Mapping Service. It uses Google Maps to overlay property lines, easements, floodzone, ect. Plus give property owner information as well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Disconnect your sewer main & re-pipe it to flow into cunt bunyan's yards.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I changed my advice:

Scorched Fucking Earth.

Good luck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
UPDATE:

Measured mine and the adjacent property line; Very few of the trees were actually on the Bunyans' property. The trees were Mostly on the Widow's property, but all were part of the buffer zone. They also cut down one or two on my property. City code enforcement Shut them down this morning.

https://i.imgur.com/wnbpoJd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5KCLTb3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Vete1e3.png

https://i.imgur.com/PCl6Ypd.jpg

I changed my advice:

Scorched Fucking Earth.

Good luck.

Ms. Bunyon is going to get loved not so tenderly. Please update as she begins to spool up her karen turbo. It should be an epic saga of entitled fuckery gone bad.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Holy shit!  I would make it my mission to fucking ruin her.  
Wonder if her homeowners insurance will cover the cost of replacing all those trees?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top