Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#1]
i've never had a high maintenance dog...all mine have always been pretty cool

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The polite thing would be to ask if it’s OK. Same with if you had kids in tow. Don’t assume it’s OK. Dick move
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You're walking by with your golden retriever, I am sitting on the bench facing the river eating a Big Mac.  I am enjoying it.  Dog walks past me sniffing it, I break a piece off without thinking about it and he eats it from my hand.  Are you mad?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#4]
If we get a puppy, it is trained to only take food when given an affirmative command.

With the older dogs we take in, there is usually a reason we can not place them in a home. That reason is they typically do not trust people outside of me and Mrs Hoji.

I would be pissed that you are trying to poison my dog with mcDeez. If you were eating a wagyu steak and wanted to give them a piece, go for it if they will take it from you.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The polite thing would be to ask if it’s OK. Same with if you had kids in tow. Don’t assume it’s OK. Dick move
View Quote

One could say it's a dick move to have your dog running up to someone, but here we are. As someone mentioned, the person sitting isn't the issue. It's your and your dog.

A lot of times I'm at the beach and someone's dog will run up, I'll pet it. I know 90 percent of GD would lose their minds.

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#6]
2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce cheese, pickles, ONION on a sesame seed bun.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Nah,  You can come feed her every fucking day since you want to feed her so bad.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a JRT that I adopted.  He's got some mental issues due to abuse
and abandonment.  I've gotten good at recognizing slight variations in posturing.  
That said I NEVER let him get close to people or other dogs until I interact with
them first in his presence.  Even then it can get tense.  

Once you're cool, then, you're cool and you're pack.  Until then, It's dicey.  So, long
answer "no", because you wouldn't get the chance unless you're vetted.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would be. Gave my own dog pot pie once from Costco and that cost me an $800 trip to the vet.

You never know what kind of chemicals they put in human food that aren't compatible with dogs.

The McDonald's burger has to be at least 87% chemicals.

View Quote

I know I order a plain burger for my pup from Carl's Jr when we make it to Laramie.  
Never a bad reaction.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd ask first.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You're walking by with your golden retriever, I am sitting on the bench facing the river eating a Big Mac.  I am enjoying it.  Dog walks past me sniffing it, I break a piece off without thinking about it and he eats it from my hand.  Are you mad?
View Quote

https://youtu.be/sRGsN3w41F0
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Lowered gnaw.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
story time:
last summer we went to my moms vacation house in florida...while there we visited with some friends who used to live here in Texas i hadn't seen in a long time.
they foster animals that were mistreated....have a couple small birds and and couple small dogs.
i like dogs...most dogs like me. the little one wouldn't come anywhere near me, and was very cautious around my daughters (11-13).
i wasn't having that, and said to myself, i'm gonna get that dog to think i'm alright before i leave.

i'd made bacon wrapped jalepeno poppers and they were quickly disappearing...i found myself at the patio table by the pool out back with a plate with a cheeseburger and a couple poppers, all alone for the time being...
except a little dog very curiously and cautiously sniffing my foot.
i slowly stuck a hand down while not looking at him and felt him give me a sniff - when i slowly tried to touch him, he skittered away.

i took a small piece of bacon off the popper and put it on the ground a few feet away from me......he gave it a sniff and looked like he'd never seen it before, didn't know what it was.
gingerly ate it and sat down.

i broke off another small piece and held it in my hand. he slowly walked to me, sniffed it and again, ate it. this time he let me pet his head briefly, and instead of skittering away, he calmly walked away.

now, fast forward about an hour.....

that little dog comes right up to me while we're all sitting down talking and lets me pet him...
the husband remarks how he hates all guys and can't believe he's letting me pet him.....i said, yeah well, i bet he'll be friends with anyone who gives him some bacon!

the husband got real serious and leaned in to me and in a hushed tone, said, don't tell my wife you did that, she'll be very upset because she thinks the dogs are vegetarian like her.

kept trying to get the birds to whistle dixie but they were obstinate little bastards
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I have an overweight dog.  I ration her feed - but she self feeds anything that is remotely edible.  I think I have up scooping one cat litter box - she does a better job of it.  I forget the last time I managed to pick a pecan in the back yard - they are gone as quickly as they fall.  Luckily she draws the line with dead rats - lost a lab from eating those.  Neighbor poisoned, that made slow prey - and a rat poisoned dog.  Depending on the season, I can usually pick up a rat or 2 from the back yard - they like to keep their hunting instincts honed.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top