BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You might be surprised to find out how poorly that works.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Remain low key so you don’t need security.

You might be surprised to find out how poorly that works.

Good point.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
One thing about this thread is very telling:

No one has said "I'd use my new found wealth to run for office and serve my countrymen".
View Quote

Nowadays, you don't accumulate wealth to run for public office, (with a few exceptions).

You run for public office to accumulate wealth.

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
i would be the same except i would be able to help more people than i do now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Whole different me.
I'm not into bling or "keeping up with the Joneses".
But I would do a lot more in a day if I was doing it for myself with my own resources.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know but I'd love to find out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No one has said "I'd use my new found wealth to run for office and serve my countrymen".
View Quote

Where and at what level?  The local county level in bumfuk egypt?

Soros type folks piss that much away in large cities just to buy a District Attorney.

You would be pants on head REEEREEE-tarded to try to serve your country through politics.

Insulating yourself against the and buying yourself distance from the Honklers while planning to keep working would be the best option.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There are millionaires who live like they are lower middle class to save money long term.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It would be gay as fuck to stay living a lower middle class lifestyle with 20 million in the bank.  Id have a bunch of badass 4x4s, a castle with multiple shooting ranges, offroad courses, id have an armory slam full of nice guns and barrels of ammo.

There are millionaires who live like they are lower middle class to save money long term.

To what end? Why be a millionaire then?
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's two words.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
one word:  Sister wives.

That's two words.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I enjoy trading.  Other than that, I need no justification.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd stay the same I'd have to get a better class of friends though...
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Arfcom aside, they don't deserve my service.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I would retire.  But beyond that and buying a few nice things, I wouldn't change all that much, I don't think.  I'd buy some land nearby that I could build a good shooting range on and where friends and family could hunt or something.  That's the one major thing I can't do at my current house.

I just moved into what is basically my dream home last year, and I am more than tired of moving.  So I am good there.  I would add a nice detached garage and make a few other smaller improvements.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Buy a cheap boat, a new pair of blue jeans, some more elbow room, and spend more time fishing, hunting, and tending the garden.

Work on stuff.  My stuff.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#14]
quit my law work and assemble custom designed-to-order Seiko watches from aftermarket parts.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not an impossible goal, but still a difficult one.

I am assuming that some one who is satisfied with a 1% return does not want to take much risk.

There is not much out there in today's financial world that would satisfy that requirement.

So that is why I say not an impossible goal, but a difficult one.  This is without even considering the effects of inflation, which only makes things worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

200,000 a year on 20 mil is only 1 percent.

Not an impossible goal, but still a difficult one.

I am assuming that some one who is satisfied with a 1% return does not want to take much risk.

There is not much out there in today's financial world that would satisfy that requirement.

So that is why I say not an impossible goal, but a difficult one.  This is without even considering the effects of inflation, which only makes things worse.

You can EASILY get 1% with all but zero risk. Hell Treasury bonds are over 2%.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I’d probably have to switch to chartering instead of owning planes.
View Quote

Screw that. Either single pilot jets or hire an FO.  I'm piloting.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#17]
 Hell Treasury bonds are over 2%.
View Quote

Ever see what happens to the price of treasury bonds when interest rates rise?

ETA, I just checked, I thought I was right.  None of the ETFs that focus on treasury bonds are yielding over 2%.

To even get near a 2% yield you have to take on a lot of duration risk, not wise in a market subject to increasing interest rates.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Soros type folks piss that much away in large cities just to buy a District Attorney.

You would be pants on head REEEREEE-tarded to try to serve your country through politics.

Insulating yourself against the and buying yourself distance from the Honklers while planning to keep working would be the best option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not arguing with you. I'm just pointing out that the idea of altruistic public service is dead and buried.
Personally, I'd be more likely to spend some of that money to buy a politician or two, than become one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Uh, hello! I am a GD member! Therefore I am already a multi-millionaire!  

So I would stay the same as I already am - Awesome that is!
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Same.  The $$$ is for my heirs to build the empire and not for fast boats, hookers, snow 'n blow.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I’d be the same with the same opinions. I’d also have the same desire to be left alone, I would just have the $$ to buy a bunch of property and build a house in the middle of it so I could be private and left alone. Everything else would be the same, I’d still be financially responsible and mainly spend money on things that are needed. I’d stay humble and teach my kids hard work. I obviously would have no reason to “work”, so I would fill my days with hobbies like I would normally do on a day off. I’d probably get bored so I’d start or invest in businesses or find something else to keep me busy and sane. It would also just be easier to do what I wanted and not have work get in the way so I’d probably travel more and or spend more time with friends and loved ones that I normally wouldn’t be able to currently.

On the outside if you didn’t know me, you probably wouldn’t know I was a multi-millionaire. I would keep my same vehicles, just pay them off and drive them/repair them as needed. No need for a new fancy car, I don’t have any interest in a Ferrari or anything else that’s “fancy”. I may buy a new truck like a 3500 or something in order to haul a big camper, or horse trailer etc…but no need for anything that would feel like I was “showing off” just driving down the street. No need for any “fancy” Gucci guns, I may buy a new gun here and there, but I’d probably still carry my Glock or Sig per usual. I’d have the same style as I do now. No need to wear fancy clothes. I’d wear the same kind of jeans/T-shirts, I may get more carhartt shirts that I like, or more jeans/boots LoL.

I’d obviously setup trusts, and different legal umbrellas to protect my newly obtained millions. I’d also set it up so my money would work for me and make me more money. Yes, I’m sure I’d have “more than enough” for a lifetime but why not set it up so I never have to worry about running out of money. Then anything I spend would come from passive income.

Your daily life would change no matter who you are based on no longer being required to go to work every day. I know they say “money changes people.” However, I truly believe and know to my core I would be the same, I’d just have the means to do more things I and my family would like to do.

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Different of course. I’m different now than I was as a broke 20 year old.

No, I wouldn’t buy stupid shit like cars and clothing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Never bought stupid shit like boats, fancy cars, clothes , watche$/jewels, iThingys, expensive smartphones
or other un-needed crap.
Not poor so a few measly millions would not change me much, I will still be frugal.
Probably just live on a bigger piece of land more in the middle of no-where than I am now.

Best way to become rich = make money and save it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd move out of this blue state shithole.  Arizona I think.
Then hookers, blow and fast cars.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#26]
New CNC lathe and mill~
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I would probably not change much because wife would give it to the kids faster than I could get a chance to spend it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes and no. I would buy nicer things and not stupid expensive stuff
I would get a new top of the line truck to replace my 10 year old ram
I would most likely buy some large somewhat isolated piece of property and build my dream home.
I wouldn’t build a mansion. I never understood having a super huge 10 bedroom 10 bath home with lots of rooms. Who uses all those rooms?
I don’t think I would buy multiple properties.  Why. To much to deal with, just travel and rent nicer places
I would travel a lot more like months at a time
I am a multimillionaire now just not 20 millionaire and buy anything I need. I live a simple life and always have and I don’t see that changing much just amping it up a small notch
I would spend more money. For sure
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Nicer house on some acreage.

Kayak more.

Take up fishing.

Do some traveling.

Eat.

Shit.

Sleep.

Repeat.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#32]
My wilderness trips would increase in length and amount per year. Other than that.....I don't see changing a thing.

Maybe set my kid up in our business with a full timer to replace me so I can do my thing.

*ETA....I could use a new fly rod and some line.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd use my new found wealth to buy some politicians so they vote how I tell them to.

And I'd have my 1969 Mustang convertible professionally restored.

Don't need a large house but would probably get a bigger place and set it up as a facility to breed threatened and endangered species.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I wouldn't tell anyone and I'd conservatively invest it.

I'd probably buy a nicer house and work less.

I wouldn't spend extravagantly out of fear of spending it all. I've read all these stories about lottery winners winding up penniless.
View Quote
This.
Quoted:
I would get everything I would need to get away from people.
View Quote
And this.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Mostly the same. I did the Ferrari thing twice so it is basically out of my system.
I like where I live and do not need a mansion but I do hate two of my neighbors and dislike a few others.
I would knock on their doors and ask what is your price for you to GTFO this mountain by the end of the week?
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/18/2021 12:33:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:38:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Smaller but nicer house, more land, different state, same truck, more motorcycles.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:43:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It would be gay as fuck to stay living a lower middle class lifestyle with 20 million in the bank.  Id have a bunch of badass 4x4s, a castle with multiple shooting ranges, offroad courses, id have an armory slam full of nice guns and barrels of ammo.

It’s relaxing as fuck to not worry about paying a bill, ever.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:47:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Including you.

Not really interested in serving my countrymen.

I just want my countrymen to leave me alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you.

Not really interested in serving my countrymen.

I just want my countrymen to leave me alone.

Poetry.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:52:26 AM EDT
[#41]
I’d stop working.  We’re already in our forever home but we’d probably buy a second place somewhere to take full advantage of the changing seasons.  In other words the same stuff I’m planning on doing anyway.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:59:16 AM EDT
[#42]
I would build up a team of real estate professionals, contractors, and lawyers to execute my brilliant plan.

Which is to buy as many properties around my sanctimonious liberal hypocrite brother as I can, and convert them to any kind of government subsidized Section 8, halfway house, sober house, home for unwed mothers, group home, anything I can get approved for.

He thinks all White people (except him, his harpy girlfriend, and their super sophisticated friends, apparently) are horrible racists and are ruining the country and are the reason that minorities commit any crime at all and aren't all nuclear physicists.

Therefore, I would use my wealth to help him celebrate diversity, while enriching myself on tax money to at least get back some of what the government steals.

I would use any new zoning laws to convert single lots to multifamily too. The more, the merrier. Restorative justice, baby!

I would fill them with the worst of the worst. All with .gov paying the rent.

If he moved, (and HOLY SHIT, would he move) I'd just do it again. Over and over and over. I'd end up with subsidized property in 10 states by the time it was over. Fun!

My favorite part would be listening to his long, rambling bullshit excuses about why his moving had nothing to do with the new neighbors.

He only lives in solid blue areas, so no problem there. Fuck'em.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:14:01 AM EDT
[#43]
If I had more than 10 million I'd likely move to another piece of property with enough acreage to separate myself from any neighbors within a half mile away at minimum.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:32:40 AM EDT
[#44]
I would immediately move to more land with less house. I haven't set foot upstairs in almost a month, but only have enough land to be a burden with no real benefit - I can't even shoot on my property.

I imagine more time with family would be the biggest change. Work/Home balance has been shit the last few years. I rarely get out of town to visit people out of state, and I know I'll regret that one day.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:34:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'd use my new found wealth to buy some politicians so they vote how I tell them to.

Don't need a large house but would probably get a bigger place and set it up as a facility to breed threatened and endangered species.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:48:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Well, this happened to us in June. My dad died and a month later I was handed a $12M stock portfolio to manage.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:50:19 AM EDT
[#47]
I'd buy a brand-new full-size cargo van, have it converted into an all-weather offgrid camper, and put it to full-time use.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#48]
I now have a hooker, covered in blow, who navigates Arf for me…still to cheap to buy a membership.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#49]
I'd be unemployed.

eta: ok, in the spirit of the thread... I'd like to buy a somewhat bigger house <2000 sf(this one is <800sf ...I don't really have much problem with it except for lack of storage, and I'd like a room for working out and an office type room) with a garage/workshop, on a parcel somewhere 50-100 acres. Oh, I'd get someone to clean it fairly often, too.

I'd probably get a new truck fore like every 5 years, instead of about 10 years.  And get a sporty car, more want a second vehicle for emergencies, but why not have some fun too.

Other than that, life is pretty simple and cheap.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You are SUCH a better human than me.

I just plan to be drunk by the infinity pool in Hawaii every day.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
quit my law work and assemble custom designed-to-order Seiko watches from aftermarket parts.

You are SUCH a better human than me.

I just plan to be drunk by the infinity pool in Hawaii every day.  

That starts at 2pm
Page / 6
Top Top