Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2021 8:55:20 AM EDT
So we all know what’s at stake. Biden is in office and massive gun control bills are possible now. Over the years I have always criticized pro 2A people’s complacency regarding gun rights. The whole “meh” attitude is what has contributed to our eroding rights. We outsource our activism to lobbyists and GOP politicians. We need more pro 2A marches, speeches, interviews, discussions.. We need more media representation. We need women, gay and black gun owners to speak up and show that gun ownership isn’t just the domain of white men. We need liberal gun owners to speak up as well, as weird as that sounds. We need to create alliances with these groups. There are plenty of gun organizations of each demographic I mentioned above, and they all need to speak up if we want to avert an AWB, magazine ban, ammo ban, import ban or whatever else the democrats in power have in mind. I want to continue to have the right to buy whatever I want. Another AWB will probably have no sunset and that’s some scary shit to consider, if you ask me. We CANNOT let that happen, under ANY circumstances. We can’t sit on our asses anymore. The stakes are too high right now. Feel free to agree or disagree.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Grass-roots, pro 2A = domestic terrorist now
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
You seem to think that politicians listen,or care.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:01:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Major gun lobby is dead.

Perfect storm for Leftists.

NRA killed themselves, leftists have successfully labeled gun owning conservatives domestic terrorists.

It’s going to be hard to shake a mainstream label of “far right militia group” no matter how hard you try to be a Non-Partisan Civil Rights Org.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm confused, you think this is still possible?  To influence policy with legal, organized and peaceful means?

That has been shown to be laughably ineffective.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Major gun lobby is dead.

Perfect storm for Leftists.

NRA killed themselves, leftists have successfully labeled gun owning conservatives domestic terrorists.

It’s going to be hard to shake a mainstream label of “far right militia group” no matter how hard you try to be a Non-Partisan Civil Rights Org.
View Quote

Relying on lobbying groups has always been our biggest mistake. Relying on the NRA has likely already costed enough of our 2A freedoms. The death of the NRA is probably the best thing to happen to us. We need to move independently from the NRA.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Look at how few gun owners are unwilling to even join the NRA or similar organizations. All they have to do is write a low dollar amount check every year and they don't do it.
Until that dynamic changes there will be no grassroots movement
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#7]
No.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Look at how few gun owners are unwilling to even join the NRA or similar organizations. All they have to do is write a low dollar amount check every year and they don't do it.
View Quote

Maybe the NRA should try not being so freaking useless.

And I'm an NRA Life Member and former contributor to the ILA.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#10]
At this point, it's looking damn near like the 2A is going to be the only thing that protects the 2A.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
At this point, it's looking damn near like the 2A is going to be the only thing that protects the 2A.
View Quote

There was a SHOT show in the early years of the 0bama admin that took place under a cloud of potential gun control... the prevailing attitude from all in attendance was one of quiet resolve I heard from many attendees who didn’t even know each other.

It’s their livelihood and our American birthright. If we can keep everything in perspective we’ll all be alright.

tl;dr - yep
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Couldnt hurt to try .
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#13]
The famous Yamamoto quote is the only grass roots movement that is going to be worth anything at this point.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Relying on lobbying groups has always been our biggest mistake. Relying on the NRA has likely already costed enough of our 2A freedoms. The death of the NRA is probably the best thing to happen to us. We need to move independently from the NRA.
View Quote

Particularly now because for all  intents and purposes it appears we will be under Democrat control from this point forward and trying to lobby or influence them on gun control would be like asking a wall to move itself.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I think a letter writing campaign will set them straight.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You seem to think that politicians listen,or care.
View Quote

He seems to think voting matters, too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#18]
2a sanctuary movement.

start where you can create isolated pressure on city councils, county commissions.

turn the Fed into the perverbual queen of England

Nullify unconstitutional legislation through mass ENFORCED disobedience.

al of that said... even arfcom doesn't have the balls for that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#19]
The Jews should have spoke up!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Revenge against the gun loving insurgents is the order of the day from our new overlords.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#21]
No. Nothing will stop what is coming. For fucks sake, They stole a Presidential election!!! They can't go back now. They have all branches of the government except for the Supreme Court and I'll bet that's being worked on as I type.

The richest people on the planet are backing this. They have people turning in family to the FBI for going to a rally in D.C. or not wearing your mask at the family Thanksgiving dinner.

You guys who think this is 1980, 1990 or 2000, better wake the hell up. The soap box and the ballot box have effectively been removed as options.

The largest cities are under quarantine for months. Economies destroyed, small and medium sized businesses ruined and nothing happened to the people that were in charge. Nada.

The Left is emboldened to see this through. Read the Bible. It tells how this plays out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#22]

First, they came for the bumpstocks,
but I did not speak out,
because I did not . . .

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Local protests and organization are all that will maybe stop it.

Im talking marches in each city, big or small. No matter the size. Irrespective of politics. The whole going to capitols thing doesnt really work when politics need to change at the town, city, county level.

The amount of gun owners, even new ones over the past year, is staggering. Letting local politicians know "whoa, thats a lot of people, and not in a distant, far away land.." can open minds.

While you might not see it affect things on a national level, it could on a local / state level, such as 2a sanctuaries, etc. It might force the locals to recondsider ever cooperating with any federal ban.

Like i said, its one thing when a king in a far away land makes a decree and you can point to him when picking apart the peasants. Its another when the peasants are already at your doorstep politely reminding you that the king is not the true power, but the peasants themselves...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#24]
They'll weaponize the FBI against anyone who opposes them.  And the FBI has been eager for this since the days of J. Edgar Hoover.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even emails will carry an implied threat when you are associating yourself with a domestic terrorist group.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#26]
As the the past several years have shown, and this election cycle has proven, we are without rule of law where it matters.  Identify your lines in the sand and make yourself ungovernable.  Retreat and focus on local and state elections.  Stop voting R's downticket - that dependency mindset has made the GOP take us for granted and they now refer to us in the same vein as Democrats - white supremacists and domestic terrorists...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#27]
No, since they don't seem to give a fuck about what the people think.

Agenda uber alles.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#29]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Local protests and organization are all that will maybe stop it.

Im talking marches in each city, big or small. No matter the size. Irrespective of politics. The whole going to capitols thing doesnt really work when politics need to change at the town, city, county level.

The amount of gun owners, even new ones over the past year, is staggering. Letting local politicians know "whoa, thats a lot of people, and not in a distant, far away land.." can open minds.

While you might not see it affect things on a national level, it could on a local / state level, such as 2a sanctuaries, etc. It might force the locals to recondsider ever cooperating with any federal ban.

Like i said, its one thing when a king in a far away land makes a decree and you can point to him when picking apart the peasants. Its another when the peasants are already at your doorstep politely reminding you that the king is not the true power, but the peasants themselves...
View Quote

This is pretty much my point. The pandemic has given rise to thousands of new gun owners, who prior to the pandemic, never gave any thought to owning a gun, nor have had any experience with them. This new demographic has significantly bolstered the number of gun owners in this country.

The problem is this new majority is a silent majority. All of these new people are just individuals who are not plugged into each other. Once they become more visible, politicians will have a better grasp regarding the population that they are targeting. The pandemic has shown the American public that there will always be a possibility of civil disorder and chaos. Police are not always going to be able to respond. The only person you may have to depend on in the face of violence, maybe oneselves. This is a new reality for the public that most politicians have not considered.

Everything every politician does is to gain votes and popular leverage over their competitors. Democrat politicians want to ban guns in order to satisfy their liberal constituents. When they begin to realize that their constituents don’t support gun control as much as they did before, that will definitely weaken their resolve to, “show that they are doing something.”
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Everything every politician does is to gain votes and popular leverage over their competitors.
View Quote
This statement should be on billboards along every major and secondary highway all over the US.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#32]
There are a lot of people in this thread who seem outright opposed to any form of social organized protest. You would rather just say, "All hope is lost." You guys are the reason gun owners have been getting the shaft for decades. Stay silent and get robbed of your rights; that's what you guys seem to secretly want just so that you can have a reason to complain. We need more events like the 2A protest that happened in Virginia a year ago. And no, marching with proud boys with ARs strapped to your back is not the look we want to go for. We need to start thinking about optics in this political discussion (and no I don't mean the physical kind we put on weapons). We need to do proper PR, and the NRA needs to go into the waste bin, or atleast stay out of the public eye. We need to avoid partisan politics. Save the maga hats for other political movements. This is about our 2A rights, not the presidency or election. The second we start identifying as Trump supporters in this cause, we fail. Republican and Democrat gun owners need to march together on this issue if we want to avoid an AWB.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

/thread

The jack booting isn't coming, it's here now.   People are getting grilled by the feds for political speech from sea to shining sea as we speak.

I'm not saying don't start some large scale campaign; just don't act all surprised when the Bearcat rolls up your driveway.

Too many decades of people too lazy to go vote because they want to sit on their ass and watch TV and drink shitty beer.   The chance to "prevent" this is gone.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#34]
They can't take them if you don't give them up.

What guns?

Oh, I sold that back in 99. I'm into swords and bows now. And Viking axes!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

/thread

The jack booting isn't coming, it's here now.   People are getting grilled by the feds for political speech from sea to shining sea as we speak.

I'm not saying don't start some large scale campaign; just don't act all surprised when the Bearcat rolls up your driveway.

Too many decades of people too lazy to go vote because they want to sit on their ass and watch TV and drink shitty beer.   The chance to "prevent" this is gone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/thread

Huge difference between people who stormed the Capitol building and what I'm talking about. Yes, the govt. is worried about attacks as a result of the election. I'm referring to gun rights activism. Completely different topic. Different groups of people (with plenty of overlap ofcourse). As much as I'm leery of black militant groups (like the black panthers), I would be absolutely giddy if they were to protest any gun control bills Biden might think up. I think it would be hilarious if the Pink Pistols (gay gun club) showed up to an 2A protest, just to see all the anti-gun people go speechless. I would Lmao if Furry, D&D, anime gun owners spoke up as well. As well as every other group of legal gun owners, irrespective of political orientation. I know that's a far cry, but we need every gun owner to join to fight this.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Will there be designer suits for all? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The famous Yamamoto quote is the only grass roots movement that is going to be worth anything at this point.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#38]
fpni

crushing the first and second amendments is now synergistic.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Did the the Trump presidency speed up the leftist agenda?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Did the the Trump presidency speed up the leftist agenda?
View Quote

Yes, yes it did. They are obsessed with revenge now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
How about snappy uniforms?

Anyone for that?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#43]
LOL, it is too fucking late now people.  The 95% of gun owners that sat on their asses for decades doing nothing, not even joining a state or national organization, are suddenly concerned in the final hour.  I've had my sig line for years as a warning...very few bothered to get active.  Now we all get screwed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
LOL, it is too fucking late now people.  The 95% of gun owners that sat on their asses for decades doing nothing, not even joining a state or national organization, are suddenly concerned in the final hour.  I've had my sig line for years as a warning...very few bothered to get active.  Now we all get screwed.
View Quote

Biden hasn't made any moves or statements on guns since he took office. Everything right now concerns with Trump and Covid. Not to mention the millions of new gun owners across the American citizenry as a result of covid. We still have time, and we have alot more people who own guns now than likely ever in our history.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think a letter writing campaign will set them straight.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#46]
It'd help a lot more if the vast majority of cops wouldn't be on board, for once.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Anyone for that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone for that?
  Will there be flair and bling and maybe rank insignia?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Many people believe the NRA betrayed them.   The perception that they were betrayed is the reality under which they function.  Perception becomes their reality.    They believe there is no benefit to paying money to an organization that betrayed them, or ignores their input.

I gave up on the NRA when emails and old fashioned letters that I sent to both the state and national organization were totally ignored.  I can be ignored for free in plenty of places.  I darned sure won't be paying an organization to ignore me.  

I had been a member for decades without any gaps in that membership and gave the organization far more than a life membership would have cost.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#50]
You guys arn't gonna be rolf-ing when an Biden passes an AWB unopposed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top