BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Venmo, cashapp, Bitcoin.  I will not go to a Post Office and stand in line, not to mention disarm myself.
View Quote

Why would you disarm yourself? Concealed is Concealed

Also, are you really that paranoid that if you feel so compelled to leave you firearm in the vehicle you’re going to regret it in the 5-15min you’ll be away from it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I still pay most of my bills by writing and mailing checks.  Not a Boomer though! Gen-X master generation.

Helps me keep a better handle on the $ than just electronic. I find it somewhat relaxing to sit and write checks, stamp envelopes, balance checking account.  I'm weird though.
View Quote

Being a boomer isn't restricted to the baby boomer generation, it's a mindset. You can definitely be a boomer and under 55.

If I was to give you a quick diagnosis, I would say you seem to show symptoms of being a boomer. Enjoying checks, stamps, mailing envelopes and not understanding boomer are all very common symptoms. I'm sure others here can perform there own diagnosis if you need a 2nd and 3rd opinion.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Electronic bank payments in the US are shocking compared to other places. In most of Europe you can put money into someone else's account for free. Instant in lots of places, usually 24hrs if not.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Venmo, Zelle, Chase pay, many other methods other than PP or those dinosaurs checks.
View Quote

Venmo is equally as bad as PayPal seeing as how they’re owned and operated by PayPal.  They’ll ban you just as quick and if you happened to get banned from paypal then then your account on Venmo will probably follow soon after.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I only use USPS MO.  I'm not anti technology or anything, just never set up accounts.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck em all, I'm trying to get to the point where I don't need to buy anything online. Still a ways to go though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah you're an idiot if you're using PayPal to buy stuff off the EE, I've seen this over and over. Too many scammers around for electronic payment anyway.
View Quote

Over 100 feedback, 90% PP. I just put HUGE, EMPHATIC instructions to not put any notes whatsoever. Been lucky so far I guess. Still, fuck PP anyway really. But ya know what, just about every payment system is anti-gun, at least as far as I know.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
. I don't have time to wait in the USPS line like they apparently do in order to cash the damn thing.
View Quote

You deposit it at your bank like any check
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Over 100 feedback, 90% PP. I just put HUGE, EMPHATIC instructions to not put any notes whatsoever. Been lucky so far I guess. Still, fuck PP anyway really. But ya know what, just about every payment system is anti-gun, at least as far as I know.
View Quote

@DetroitSounds

That’s exactly how I got fucked. Some idiot fucking put in the description the firearm he was buying and the reason for the payment. I told a fucking moron time and time again do not put anything firearms related in the description. Of course it was some non-rated noob the fucked up the simplest of things
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You deposit it at your bank like any check
View Quote

Takes too long. So after you wait for the slow ass USPS, then you have to wait on a slow ass bank to wait on the slow ass USPS again

May as well go back to the primitive days where you ordered things from the TV and it took 6-8 weeks for shipping.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm with OP.
View Quote

Yup. Sorry, not going to make time to go get a MO. Plus, being a .gov agency it's not like USPS isn't anti-gun as well.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Takes too long. So after you wait for the slow ass USPS, then you have to wait on a slow ass bank to wait on the slow ass USPS again

May as well go back to the primitive days where you ordered things from the TV and it took 6-8 weeks for shipping.

View Quote

What are you talking about?  Assuming you deposit it before 2pm it’s available the very next day.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Then sign up for zelle. Otherwise you gotta send the money order.

https://i.redd.it/3amxuy6kgwx01.jpg
View Quote

Zelle is perfectly acceptable. I'll use Venmo for people with good feedback too.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What are you talking about?  Assuming you deposit it before 2pm it’s available the very next day.
View Quote

And there's no weekends or bank holidays.

And the mail getting there before 2pm

Plus that's a wasted day you could have already shipped it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Usps money order in big 2 day envelope with tracking number. Dude getting usps money order can go in post office and get what cash they have and get rest in a new money order.  Deposit new one in bank.  I forget what money order company it was but had a buyer pissed I would not ship soon as I had it.  I told him to read the fine print and get back to me. His money order would need x days to clear. Just like personal checks tend to take a few days to officially clear.  Have had Bank certified checks where you go in branch of bank and they don't want to deal with you if you do not have account there.

Paypal was fine here til it became common for people to fuck each other. Buyer has no power if sent as friend and family. Use it as business but can't be gun stuff and have a problem and good luck.

Venmo is paypal they say.

Even cash can be counterfeit.

Don't wanna do a deal then don't do it.  Don't like their payment methods oh well.

You make a strong and secure way for conservatives to transfer money and see if your business takes off.

As far as feedback. I usually double or triple it.  I like the new click a button to leave feedback but seller never returned the favor.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#16]
If someone asks me for a MO, I say nothing and mail a check. I have done this for 20+ years. I have yet to have someone not cash my check or say word one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I suppose if it was 1985, it would make some sense but it isn't 1985. It must be pot bellied old guys living in the past. Yes I've heard all of the reasoning, it's still  stupid, especially considering the condition of the US Postal Service

View Quote

The only EE exchange I had go south was with a guy who insisted on paying me with a USPS M.O.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I suppose if it was 1985, it would make some sense but it isn't 1985. It must be pot bellied old guys living in the past. Yes I've heard all of the reasoning, it's still  stupid, especially considering the condition of the US Postal Service

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#19]
go to the post office and mail it at the same time. its not hard.

you fucks are just lazy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This really reminds me of the threads that say EE prices are crazy I'm not paying that.
Don't like the terms or price move along.
View Quote

It can be useful to get an idea of what terms people don't like, especially for sellers.

"Is my item not selling because the price is too high? Maybe, but based on the threads I've been seeing, I should add several pictures and take forms of payment other than USPS MOs."
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The biggest change in selling unwanted gun stuff over the last 10 years has been the throngs of dumbfucks who expect private sellers to transact with the speed and convenience of merchants. Now even Gunbroker charges for and expects normals to collect sales tax? Fuck all that.

The second biggest change has been the retards who think the drag line on a revolver cylinder means it's broken or disfigured. Seriously, go shooting and learn real things!
View Quote

Huh?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#22]
After driving all over town trying to cash a $1k money order, they’re way less interesting to me. Cash is king.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I accepted a MO for a EE exchange. It was mailed USPS Priority. Took 7 fucking weeks and 2 claims submissions for it to finally show up.

Fuck that noise.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fuck em all, I'm trying to get to the point where I don't need to buy anything online. Still a ways to go though.
View Quote
If you're not near EOL, then you're definitely swimming hard upstream.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Also, are you really that paranoid that if you feel so compelled to leave you firearm in the vehicle you're going to regret it in the 5-15min you'll be away from it?
View Quote

My issue with it is always that some people know it's illegal to take them in, so the car may be more of a target for break-ins.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Meh, I take no issue with paying by USPS MO nor accepting payment by same. In fact I'd rather get paid by USPS MO over any other payment method.

View Quote

Same here, telling someone on armslist that wants you to ship an item that you only accept USPS money order usually deters any fraud or scam they have planned.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:20:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm with OP.
View Quote

Glad you’ve finally come out of the closet, good for you.

Dang, 5 pages about USPS MOs in the EE huh, y’all must be bored.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:31:21 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm OK with that. By that I mean I'm OK with not selling anything to you. It's just that I have a "don't sell to guys who come across as a dick" thing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:43:07 AM EDT
[#29]
A few years ago I had a guy on armslist try and scam me with a fake money order. I told him to send me a USPS money order, instead I got one from somewhere else, maybe kroger. I deposited it in the bank and waited for it to clear. The bank said it was fraudulent. I never got any money. But, guy never got his rifle he was trying to get. Sold the rifle locally to a collector.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:48:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Agree pain in ass
Venmo works beautifully
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm with OP.

Agree pain in ass
Venmo works beautifully

PayPal owns Venmo
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:10:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If someone asks me for a MO, I say nothing and mail a check. I have done this for 20+ years. I have yet to have someone not cash my check or say word one.
View Quote

..... you've never tried that on me....lol.  I've had that pulled on me on GunBroker and made him wait 12 days from the day I made the deposit.  I will tell you that it is clearly stated in my auction "Do NOT send anything other then USPS MO. Sending a bank cashier's check or any other kind of MO other then a USPS MO will result in a 12 day wait". GB auctions are a hassle to cancel, and so we will both continue on with the deal. I have made classified ad buyers wait and they expected it because I laid out those rules beforehand. However, I've let established buyers with good feedback forego the wait, but that was my call and it was usually a cheap purchase of a none FFL item.

See AKguy1985 2 posts above WHY!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:18:44 AM EDT
[#32]
From the EE from a guy with nothing but positive feedback we have options.  2020 or 2021 join date, fuck you.  Commie posts fuck you.  Gunbroker, fuck you but USPS MO will complete a sale.

Not arming the left and too many POS scammers to go any route that some company can decide to pull my money from me if the buyer decides to keep my money and my shit.

If you have to ask why, then fuck you too.

This post felt good.  Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:40:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Agreed

The only downside is waiting in line at the PO

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not stupid. It's a pretty simple way to move money from one person to another. I've used them in the past and I'll use them again.

Agreed

It would be nice if you could get them from the self-service kiosks in the lobby.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:59:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It would be nice if you could get them from the self-service kiosks in the lobby.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not stupid. It's a pretty simple way to move money from one person to another. I've used them in the past and I'll use them again.

Agreed

Or find a different post office to patronize. The main Post office in my county often has lines. Luckily there are five or six small village post offices within thirty minutes of my house. A line in any of them amounts to one person ahead of me. And the village POs need the additional foot traffic to ensure their survival in the next round of PO cuts, where the main PO doesn't have that problem
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:05:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Driop it in the depost thing at an ATM drive through, minute tops. I guess if you live in a busy town, a post office sotp here takes 2-3 minutes tops as I'm normally the only one in and I park feet away from the front door.

The ATM here has deposit slips or if you put your debit card in it, will print out a preprinted deposit slip for the amount and account number and put in the supplied envolope with the MO. Done.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:47:14 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't mind MO but don't specify USPS. Plenty of easier MOs for the buyer to get.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:50:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Crypto
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:53:06 AM EDT
[#38]
any body heard of a service called Gun Tab? I have it but have yet to have anybody pay for it on my gunbroker auctions.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:01:45 AM EDT
[#39]
PayPal lost over $400 from my account. F-them.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:05:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:34:00 AM EDT
[#41]
With zero feedback you are not buying anything anyway.
Have your mom go get the MO for ya.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#42]
I won't deal with people who can't spell "from"

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:01:50 AM EDT
[#43]
I don't see electronic money in the Constitution, anyways it was nice while it lasted.  Easier to get paid in bits n bytes.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
For the most part I don't care how you pay, but if you send a personal check don't be in a hurry to get your stuff.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Your loss. I see from your ee score that what you think doesn’t matter.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
For the most part I don't care how you pay, but if you send a personal check don't be in a hurry to get your stuff.
View Quote

Guy offered to send me $1750 via PayPal for some engine parts. Aside from PayPal taking $50+ off the top, I am fearful of PayPal possibly doing a 1099 on payments, so I try to limit PayPal payments. And; it's a pain to get money OUT of a PayPal account. Sure, you can have them transfer it to your bank account but that's more "paper trail".

I asked the guy for a check, which he thought was a hassle but he offered to get a bank check. I told him to snail mail a personal check, as banks treat ALL checks the same and hold them for clearance. USPS money orders are a pain to cash, as the bank has to call for an approval number before cashing. All in all; Ive found that an old-fashioned personal check is actually the least hassle. I keep enough in my bank accounts that the local bank people will cash checks without question.

My only beef with banks is their archaic check clearing process. There is no reason why, in this electronic age, that it takes 3-5 days for a check to clear
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#47]
I am sorely tempted to put 250 rounds of 9mm JHP up for sale on the EE for 12 cents a round, shipped. Then I'll send an IM to the OP and tell him he's got first crack at it -- but I only take USPS money orders.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:40:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
How else do you send cash long distance without a huge fee?

iTunes gift cards?
View Quote

Walmart Money. Walmart has an awesome (IMO) money transfer system with VERY REASONABLE fees that make Western Union look like pirates. And much more convenient than banks and post offices; one can go to any Walmart to send or receive the money. I sent a guy in OH $1700 to buy a truck. Took a bit of convincing but, in the end, he he was amazed that he was able to walk into his local Walmart and walk out with the cash.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've scored some really good deals from the MO only crowd. I'm not the biggest fan of that payment method but I certainly don't dismiss someone because of it.
View Quote

Roger that!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I don't do money orders and I dont do paypal.
View Quote

EE rating checks out
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top