Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/18/2021 11:29:28 AM EDT
Federal authorities have obtained an arrest warrant for a Harrisburg woman they suspect may have stolen House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s laptop during the Jan. 6 Capitol siege with the intent of selling the device to Russia’s foreign intelligence services.

In an affidavit filed late Sunday evening, agents said they were contacted by the former romantic partner of Riley June Williams, 22, who recognized her in footage shot during the insurrectionist attack by the British network ITV.

Williams’ ex also reported having seen another video showing Williams pocketing the computer from Pelosi’s office and told investigators that Williams had said she intended to send it to a friend in Russia who would arrange the transfer to the SVR, the Russian equivalent of the CIA.

That deal fell through, Williams’ former partner told FBI agents according to the affidavit, and the laptop remains in her possession

But by the time investigators tracked Williams down to the apartment she shares with her mother in Harrisburg on Saturday, she had already fled, the affidavit states.

Williams’ mother told agents that the day before an ITV news crew showed up at her door looking for her daughter. In a segment that aired on the network Sunday, she confirmed for reporters that her daughter was the woman seen in earlier footage of the Capitol attack, directing other insurrectionists inside the Capitol rotunda toward a staircase lading to Pelosi’s office.

Dressed in a green T-shirt, glasses and a brown coat with a zebra print bag slung over her shoulder, the woman agents identified as Williams can be seen shouting “Up the stairs! Go!” repeatedly as she pushes rioters onward.

But as people began to identify her on social media, Williams fled without saying where she was going, her mother told ITV.

“She’s actually gone,” she said. “She took off not only because of that [video]. She figures if it’s out there, they’ll [the FBI] come to her about it.”

Williams’ mother described her daughter as a very “empathetic and loving person” who had taken a sudden interest in President Donald Trump’s politics and far-right message boards in recent months.

Still, her mother insisted, Williams rarely talked about her politics. “It’s all about wanting America to get the correct information,” she said.

According to the FBI affidavit, Williams drove to Washington on Jan. 6 with her father, a Camp Hill resident, to attend the “Stop the Steal” rally but split up during the day. They reunited after police had cleared the Capitol that evening and drove back to Harrisburg the same day.

Williams’ alleged role in the theft of Pelosi’s laptop remains under investigation. At the moment, she is charged only with unlawfully entering Capitol grounds and disorderly conduct.

However, Pelosi’s chief of staff, Drew Hammill, confirmed on Twitter in the days after the attack that a laptop, primarily used for presentations, had been stolen from a conference room in the House speaker’s office.

Online sleuths had also identified Williams as an employee of Harrisburg-based Keystone Human Services, a home assistance network to support the disabled. The company responded with a statement late Sunday that did not identify Williams by name.

“We are aware that a Keystone employee has been identified as participating in the events of Jan. 6 at the U.S. Capitol,” it said. “We are coordinating with law enforcement and taking appropriate action in response.”

https://www.inquirer.com/news/pennsylvania/riley-june-williams-capitol-attack-pelosi-laptop-harrisburg-pennsylvania-arrests-20210118.html
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Shes kinda girl next door cute....

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

You need new neighbors
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe it's just me, but she looks....she looks more like she would belong at a BLM protest crying about white privilege or some shit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

You must be pretty hard up, fella.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Skeptical about the whole Russian intelligence sale. I dunno what to believe any more.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You need new neighbors
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need new neighbors

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe it's just me, but she looks....she looks more like she would belong at a BLM protest crying about white privilege or some shit.
View Quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You need new neighbors
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need new neighbors

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Skeptical about the whole Russian intelligence sale. I dunno what to believe any more.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I’m gonna call BS on that one
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like the plot to Burn After Reading
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not your fella "Pal!"

And I said kinda... Not.... i want to have children with her.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any reports on her background yet?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I find it annoying that all of the media outlets are calling this an insurrection when they were supportive of the democrats storming the capital during the Kavanaugh hearings.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#15]
So she's part of the special forces unit that infiltrated the Capitol and where seen 'egressing' the area with heavy backpacks against the crowd?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You need new neighbors
View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I just read in another thread that a GA guy had the laptop and suicided himself.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Nose ring.  She's a freak in bed.

Wood.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe they are more trusted than our own Fan Belt Inspectors?  

No one seems to be trustworthy to do the Right thing for citizens on the Right lately.  Havent you noticed.  

If you had information that would save our Republic who would you give it to?  I dont know the answer to that myself after seeing all the bullshit that happened in the past year.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#20]
She's a West Virginia 8, and a two bagger in every other state.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Sell to the Russians? That sounds like a media spin. I’d think that more a blm or antifa move. Perhaps she is. Who knows.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Those are the laptops that were intended to be stolen.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Fake news to cover up the Special Forces guys all dressed in black that actually took it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#25]
So where is the laptop now?  ??
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#26]
I am unconvinced.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#27]
She looks like a  weather underground member from the 60's to me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#28]
this ENTIRE story smells like bullshit.  I'm not sure exactly what is off, just that something is
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Williams’ mother described her daughter as a very “empathetic and loving person” who had taken a sudden interest in President Donald Trump’s politics and far-right message boards in recent months.

Still, her mother insisted, Williams rarely talked about her politics. “It’s all about wanting America to get the correct information,” she said."
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:46:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was when I read she wanted to sell it to russia, that I immediately knew she's either (A) innocent, or (B) on the democrat payroll.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I find it annoying that all of the media outlets are calling this an insurrection when they were supportive of the democrats storming the capital during the Kavanaugh hearings.
View Quote
This. I don't think they wanted to over throw the government or kill anybody. They just wanted to let congress know they were pissed off at the election theft.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

"Williams’ mother described her daughter as a very “empathetic and loving person” who had taken a sudden interest in President Donald Trump’s politics and far-right message boards in recent months.

Still, her mother insisted, Williams rarely talked about her politics. “It’s all about wanting America to get the correct information,” she said."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds a bit contrived to me. Give it a minute and the autists will find her "peacefully protesting" with the anarchists.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its a cover story in progress.

When she dies / vanishes / commits suicide, the pesky Ruskies can be blamed.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Fake news to cover up the Special Forces guys all dressed in black that actually took it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't feel bad. There is potential. Nothing $20k and a trip to Dr Miami for plastic surgery wouldn't fix. She arguably looks better than pre-plastic surgery Tomi Lahren and GD goes nuts for her
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, i'm not one to be painting with a broad brush.  But look at her employer and what she did for a living.  Thats the sort of job that usually belongs to people on the blue side.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You need new neighbors
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#40]
"the capitol ATTACK "....my fucking word !
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#41]
First post did not nail it, but poster wood.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#42]
"Trump supporter selling it to Russia".......uh huh.............
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Wait a minute... I thought a special forces team infiltrated the siege to recover the laptop for intel  Lin wood said it so
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Those pesky Trump supporters...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
this ENTIRE story smells like bullshit.  I'm not sure exactly what is off, just that something is
View Quote

I with you.  I just can't put my finger on it.  

It could be that a lesbian in her early 20's suddenly started to like Trump, or it could be that she looks like the type of person who would look MUCH more at home at an antifa rally, or it could be that even though she's supposed to be a patriot, she tried to sell Pelosi's laptop to the Russians...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wait a minute... I thought a special forces team infiltrated the siege to recover the laptop for intel  Lin wood said it so
View Quote
dressed as your typical girl next door, and they would have gotten away with it if it wasnt for those meddling Ruskies!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#48]
So... she contacted her ex and told him that she had stolen the laptop and was planning to sell it to the Russians? Seems a little too convenient IMO.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Either way, she had more balls than any of you mocking her. She took the queens laptop.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#50]
I think the fact that they use the word "partner" may be a clue...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top