Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2021 3:27:44 PM EDT
Our home internet is through smartphone hotspot mode on our phones. We have our hotspots configured the same on each phone and each phone is the exact same Samsung Galaxy model.

So far this has worked well for us. If for some reason I need a dedicated connection to enable faster comms I will change the name of my hotspot then change back when done.

Up until a few weeks ago there were no troubles with anything connecting. Now, for some reason our roku will not connect to my phone. All other devices still connect fine. The roku connects to my wife's hotspot (configured the same) fine. Changing my hotspot security to open allows it to connect but changing back to password protected will stop it from connecting. The password is the exact same for both mu wife's hotspot and mine so it's not just simply a password error etc.

Any advice on what I should check?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top