Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/14/2022 7:31:28 AM EDT
I have a black on black car with 25% F1 Pinnacle Ceramic Tint on the sides and rear windows. I'm thinking on getting the same F1 tint on my windshield but in 50%.... Good or bad idea


P.s I have a medical prescription that makes windshield tint legal here in my state

Thanks
 Bri
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I put 70% ceramic on my whole windshield which is the darkest you can legally use is Texas. I can't tell a difference from when I just had the other windows done with regular 30% tint.

Maybe it's doing something but not noticable. My understanding is you get the most benefits from using ceramic on all windows.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:36:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 14BoltFF] [#2]
During the day it would be nice, but I personally wouldn't want to compromise any forward visibility while driving at night, especially on curvy, hilly roads.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:41:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending on where you live it can be a must have for heat. Not to mention it usually enhances the appearance of the car.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:14:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mrkma:
I put 70% ceramic on my whole windshield which is the darkest you can legally use is Texas. I can't tell a difference from when I just had the other windows done with regular 30% tint.

Maybe it's doing something but not noticable. My understanding is you get the most benefits from using ceramic on all windows.
View Quote


No tint is allowed  below the AS1 line on the windshield in Texas.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Clear UV blocker on front

Limo dark on back and 50% on front

All ceramic uv blocker.

100 out and inside the car is around 85
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I run 50% on the windshield. At night I can’t even notice it, during the day it helps a little bit but not life changing.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RV8guy:


No tint is allowed  below the AS1 line on the windshield in Texas.
View Quote
You can put clear tint (UV blocking) on the windshield. 80%+ is usually unnoticeable as 'tint'

https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/vehicle-inspection/window-tinting-standards
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:24:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: reaper556] [#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RV8guy:


No tint is allowed  below the AS1 line on the windshield in Texas.
View Quote



This is true. My last 3 vehicles I have put 70% ceramic on the entire front windshield and never had a problem, even when stopped by DPS for speeding

ETA as for it being a good idea, I feel even without using window shades my car is much cooler than with just rear and side windows tinted.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Is there no noticeable reduction in clarity?

I can't wear cheap sunglasses for that reason. My wife says I'm just high maintenance.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:34:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheJudgeHolden] [#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TMLoftis:
I run 50% on the windshield. At night I can't even notice it, during the day it helps a little bit but not life changing.

View Quote
LOL, I love people like this.

Their windshield only lets in one half of all visible light, most likely less considering "clear" auto glass is usually tinted 75-85% so it could actually be more like 40% of all visible light and "I cAn'T tElL tHe DiFfErEnCe"
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Do it.

Mine on my last car (50%) had a tiny bit of blurring below eye level when you stared at it, but otherwise it was great.

I haven't done my current car yet because all the shops now want to charge over $200 just for the windshield
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#13]
My last truck was 20% all the way around and 50% on the windshield.

It was a little difficult to see at night with 20 on the driver/passenger windows at that point but not dangerously so.

Windshield tint definitely made a difference for heat but the biggest thing for me was glare. Massive improvement there imo
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I want maximum visibility through my car windows.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:59:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: joekizanyu] [#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheJudgeHolden:
LOL, I love people like this.

Their windshield only lets in one half of all visible light, most likely less considering "clear" auto glass is usually tinted 75-85% so it could actually be more like 40% of all visible light and "I cAn'T tElL tHe DiFfErEnCe"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheJudgeHolden:
Originally Posted By TMLoftis:
I run 50% on the windshield. At night I can't even notice it, during the day it helps a little bit but not life changing.

LOL, I love people like this.

Their windshield only lets in one half of all visible light, most likely less considering "clear" auto glass is usually tinted 75-85% so it could actually be more like 40% of all visible light and "I cAn'T tElL tHe DiFfErEnCe"

LOL, I love people like this.

He said, he "can't even notice it." Didn't say there was not a difference in light transmission, or that he couldn't tell the difference, but that he doesn't notice it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I have clear ceramic on my windshield.... It does make a difference.   Not life changing, but not zero
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:
I want maximum visibility through my car windows.
View Quote


So faded and cracked seats, cracked dash and melanoma?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#18]
So, you have an accident while driving because you failed to see a hazard of some sort.

Your tinted windows are reducing light transmission by 10% - I do not know about you but I would certainly wonder whether I might have seen tge hazard if I had 100% light transmission.

If its just to look cool - grow up.
If its a heat thing - try aircon.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#19]
35% on the entire windshield and rear window
20% on the sides

Same setup on my 2500 and Camaro. Dark parking lots can make me look dumb at night in the truck. Camaro (4th gen) was a glare monster from the factory.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By reaper556:


So faded and cracked seats, cracked dash and melanoma?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By reaper556:
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:
I want maximum visibility through my car windows.


So faded and cracked seats, cracked dash and melanoma?


Everything has a cost.

Are you really putting wear and tear over safety ?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:10:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#21]
I put 70% FormulaOne Stratos on my windshield.
Took 2 tries for the tinter to install without any blemishes in my viewing area.
I have 20% Stratos on the fronts, 35% stratos on the rear and left the rest factory tint. (yes I know its just a colorant)

I also had a 5% strip on windshield well below the worthless as1 line.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn't put any kind of tinted film on my windshield. However, I would like to get clear UV/heat film put on.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:12:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: joekizanyu] [#23]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:
So, you have an accident while driving because you failed to see a hazard of some sort.

Your tinted windows are reducing light transmission by 10% - I do not know about you but I would certainly wonder whether I might have seen tge hazard if I had 100% light transmission.

If its just to look cool - grow up.
If its a heat thing - try aircon.
View Quote
Hate to tell you this, but your car windows are already tinted to some degree from the factory.

You must then only drive during the day on non-overcast days. Without ANY distractions whatsoever. Phones, eating, conversing with passengers. Also no sunglasses.

And what about dawn/dusk. When the reduced light transmission may allow you to see a hazard which you might not have otherwise seen due to being blinded?

The eye also has an iris, which controls the amount of light entering the eye. So a 10% reduction in light transmission would be compensated by the iris opening more.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:


Everything has a cost.

Are you really putting wear and tear over safety ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:
Originally Posted By reaper556:
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:
I want maximum visibility through my car windows.


So faded and cracked seats, cracked dash and melanoma?


Everything has a cost.

Are you really putting wear and tear over safety ?


While I understand your stance, the cost is negligible to nil. Millions of motorists aren't wrong. if you want safety, you should never enter the public roadways..
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RV8guy:


No tint is allowed  below the AS1 line on the windshield in Texas.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RV8guy:
Originally Posted By mrkma:
I put 70% ceramic on my whole windshield which is the darkest you can legally use is Texas. I can't tell a difference from when I just had the other windows done with regular 30% tint.

Maybe it's doing something but not noticable. My understanding is you get the most benefits from using ceramic on all windows.


No tint is allowed  below the AS1 line on the windshield in Texas.


According to the professional shop that installed it and warrantied it, it is completely legal. I never looked it up but I'm rolling with what they told me. It's basically clear and can't even tell there's anything on it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mrkma:


According to the professional shop that installed it and warrantied it, it is completely legal. I never looked it up but I'm rolling with what they told me. It's basically clear and can't even tell there's anything on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mrkma:
Originally Posted By RV8guy:
Originally Posted By mrkma:
I put 70% ceramic on my whole windshield which is the darkest you can legally use is Texas. I can't tell a difference from when I just had the other windows done with regular 30% tint.

Maybe it's doing something but not noticable. My understanding is you get the most benefits from using ceramic on all windows.


No tint is allowed  below the AS1 line on the windshield in Texas.


According to the professional shop that installed it and warrantied it, it is completely legal. I never looked it up but I'm rolling with what they told me. It's basically clear and can't even tell there's anything on it.
Texas tint law
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#27]
I had 90% 3M crystalline on my last truck's windshield, and 40% on the rest of the windows. The difference in heat load and AC use was significant. I'll be doing the same on my current truck soon.

One thing I do like is the increased strength of the windshield against puncture from rocks thrown from truck duals, catastrophic hail etc. Same as with residential windows laminated with ceramic film, it's worth considering. Vandalism too.

I don't think the 10% reduction in light transmission is significant enough to be concerned about.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#28]
As my eyes get older, limo type tint becomes a liability at night. I stick to state legal limit on the sides and rear and use the clear UV blocking tint on the front windshield. It really saves the dashboard from getting wrecked by the sun.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mrkma:


According to the professional shop that installed it and warrantied it, it is completely legal. I never looked it up but I'm rolling with what they told me. It's basically clear and can't even tell there's anything on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mrkma:
Originally Posted By RV8guy:
Originally Posted By mrkma:
I put 70% ceramic on my whole windshield which is the darkest you can legally use is Texas. I can't tell a difference from when I just had the other windows done with regular 30% tint.

Maybe it's doing something but not noticable. My understanding is you get the most benefits from using ceramic on all windows.


No tint is allowed  below the AS1 line on the windshield in Texas.


According to the professional shop that installed it and warrantied it, it is completely legal. I never looked it up but I'm rolling with what they told me. It's basically clear and can't even tell there's anything on it.


Well that makes it different. While you won't get noticed most likely as I haven't even with 70% it is in fact illegal to go below the AS1 line or the top 5 inches. Don't trust what some random asshole tells you because they are professional. You should always verify.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By reaper556:


While I understand your stance, the cost is negligible to nil. Millions of motorists aren't wrong. if you want safety, you should never enter the public roadways..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By reaper556:
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:
Originally Posted By reaper556:
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:
I want maximum visibility through my car windows.


So faded and cracked seats, cracked dash and melanoma?


Everything has a cost.

Are you really putting wear and tear over safety ?


While I understand your stance, the cost is negligible to nil. Millions of motorists aren't wrong. if you want safety, you should never enter the public roadways..


Maximum visibility is optimum for safety.

I fully understand that perfection is not possible but REDUCING visibility cannot be good.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
As my eyes get older, limo type tint becomes a liability at night. I stick to state legal limit on the sides and rear and use the clear UV blocking tint on the front windshield. It really saves the dashboard from getting wrecked by the sun.
View Quote


The clear uv film protests your eyesight as well for that matter.

Limo tent on all but rear passenger looks like flatbrim white trash anyways.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joekizanyu:
Hate to tell you this, but your car windows are already tinted to some degree from the factory.

You must then only drive during the day on non-overcast days. Without ANY distractions whatsoever. Phones, eating, conversing with passengers. Also no sunglasses.

And what about dawn/dusk. When the reduced light transmission may allow you to see a hazard which you might not have otherwise seen due to being blinded?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joekizanyu:
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:
So, you have an accident while driving because you failed to see a hazard of some sort.

Your tinted windows are reducing light transmission by 10% - I do not know about you but I would certainly wonder whether I might have seen tge hazard if I had 100% light transmission.

If its just to look cool - grow up.
If its a heat thing - try aircon.
Hate to tell you this, but your car windows are already tinted to some degree from the factory.

You must then only drive during the day on non-overcast days. Without ANY distractions whatsoever. Phones, eating, conversing with passengers. Also no sunglasses.

And what about dawn/dusk. When the reduced light transmission may allow you to see a hazard which you might not have otherwise seen due to being blinded?


I minimise hazards as much as possible.

And its not just tint - some cars / suvs have terrible visibility to side and rear because of being designed for "looks" rather than maximum visibility.

Yes - I wear sunglasses when needed. BUT I can remove them at night or when not needed.

I managed 20 years of Police driving ( uniformed frontline ) with ZERO accidents. And have 37yrs of driving with only one accident that was my fault.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#33]
do it. i have 20% all around with 50% on entire windshield. i feel naked without the full coverage!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:40:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: joekizanyu] [#34]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:


I minimise hazards as much as possible.

And its not just tint - some cars / suvs have terrible visibility to side and rear because of being designed for "looks" rather than maximum visibility.

Yes - I wear sunglasses when needed. BUT I can remove them at night or when not needed.

I managed 20 years of Police driving ( uniformed frontline ) with ZERO accidents. And have 37yrs of driving with only one accident that was my fault.
View Quote
So you are one data point of the 229 million drivers in the US, let alone the world. Statistically insignificant.

I love people who use their life experience as proof as to what is safe and what is not, or their opinion holds more weight than others.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joekizanyu:
So you are one data point of the 229 million drivers in the US, let alone the world. Statistically insignificant.

I love people who use their life experience as proof as to what is safe and what is not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joekizanyu:
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:


I minimise hazards as much as possible.

And its not just tint - some cars / suvs have terrible visibility to side and rear because of being designed for "looks" rather than maximum visibility.

Yes - I wear sunglasses when needed. BUT I can remove them at night or when not needed.

I managed 20 years of Police driving ( uniformed frontline ) with ZERO accidents. And have 37yrs of driving with only one accident that was my fault.
So you are one data point of the 229 million drivers in the US, let alone the world. Statistically insignificant.

I love people who use their life experience as proof as to what is safe and what is not.


I am not using my experience as proof.

The fact remains that visibility or lack of is a big factor in accidents.

Deliberately reducing visibility is counter to safety.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:44:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: joekizanyu] [#36]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:


I am not using my experience as proof.

The fact remains that visibility or lack of is a big factor in accidents.

Deliberately reducing visibility is counter to safety.
View Quote
Then why mention it?

And how big of a factor is visibility in accidents? As in percentage wise? Compared to, say, distracted driving or speed?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mrkma:


According to the professional shop that installed it and warrantied it, it is completely legal. I never looked it up but I'm rolling with what they told me. It's basically clear and can't even tell there's anything on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mrkma:
Originally Posted By RV8guy:
Originally Posted By mrkma:
I put 70% ceramic on my whole windshield which is the darkest you can legally use is Texas. I can't tell a difference from when I just had the other windows done with regular 30% tint.

Maybe it's doing something but not noticable. My understanding is you get the most benefits from using ceramic on all windows.


No tint is allowed  below the AS1 line on the windshield in Texas.


According to the professional shop that installed it and warrantied it, it is completely legal. I never looked it up but I'm rolling with what they told me. It's basically clear and can't even tell there's anything on it.

When I bought my last vehicle I didnt notice any tint on the windshield. The state trooper did though. When I went to pay the ticket I had to provide the court before and after pictures to prove that it had been removed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joekizanyu:

LOL, I love people like this.

He said, he "can't even notice it." Didn't say there was not a difference in light transmission, or that he couldn't tell the difference, but that he doesn't notice it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joekizanyu:
Originally Posted By TheJudgeHolden:
Originally Posted By TMLoftis:
I run 50% on the windshield. At night I can't even notice it, during the day it helps a little bit but not life changing.

LOL, I love people like this.

Their windshield only lets in one half of all visible light, most likely less considering "clear" auto glass is usually tinted 75-85% so it could actually be more like 40% of all visible light and "I cAn'T tElL tHe DiFfErEnCe"

LOL, I love people like this.

He said, he "can't even notice it." Didn't say there was not a difference in light transmission, or that he couldn't tell the difference, but that he doesn't notice it.



Should I point out the fact that tinting your windshield below the AS1 line is illegal? What do you think your insurance company is going to say when you hit something or someone? Heaven forbid that you seriously injure or kill someone. You would make some DAs career and the news will love you.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#39]
No one will apply any tint to windshields here, not even the 80% with cash offers. Deep eyebrows, yes.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Brand of tint matters, if it was Huper Optik, madico wincos, or Xpel platinum, I wouldn't mind going 30-40% on the windshield. Their optical clarity is really good, and that's what really prevents you from driving at night with a tinted windshield. The cheap tint isn't clear enough and can cause a glare which can make it dangerous. But honestly, with huper optik ceramic at 30% and wincos at 30% I drove at night without noticing it was tinted, and if anything it kept glare down b/c I have a severe astigmatism.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:53:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Skg_Mre_Lght] [#41]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:53:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vic_Crown] [#42]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joekizanyu:
Then why mention it?

And how big of a factor is visibility in accidents? As in percentage wise? Compared to, say, distracted driving or speed?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joekizanyu:
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:


I am not using my experience as proof.

The fact remains that visibility or lack of is a big factor in accidents.

Deliberately reducing visibility is counter to safety.
Then why mention it?

And how big of a factor is visibility in accidents? As in percentage wise? Compared to, say, distracted driving or speed?


From experience.......

Very few drivers post collision say "I saw him and crashed into him anyway"

A lot say ( especially after hitting a motorcyclist ) "I never even saw him"

Or  " I only saw him when it was too late"

Distracted driving is linked to visibility - you are distracted from looking / seeing.

As is speed. Speed in itself is NOT a huge cause of accidents. Speed can be safe if visibility is good.

But if your speed is exceeding the distance you can observe hazards - its not safe.


Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bat15:



Should I point out the fact that tinting your windshield below the AS1 line is illegal? What do you think your insurance company is going to say when you hit something or someone? Heaven forbid that you seriously injure or kill someone. You would make some DAs career and the news will love you.

View Quote
Suppose he has a medical exemption? Then it is legal.

Plus, with 229 million drivers in the US, I bet there have been many accidents, some with injury or death, that have occurred with vehicles with illegal tint on the front windshield. If it is such a gregarious violation, we should have several well known cases, right?

If one Googles "crash where illegal window tint was the cause" I get ONE result. And it is a civil, not a criminal case. Statistically, there have to be more, but apparently, not newsworthy "news will love you"
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:


From experience.......

Very few drivers post collision say "I saw him and crashed into him anyway"

A lot say ( especially after hitting a motorcyclist ) "I never even saw him"

Or  " I only saw him when it was too late"

Distracted driving is linked to visibility - you are distracted from looking / seeing.

As is speed. Speed in itself is NOT a huge cause of accidents. Speed can be safe if visibility is good.

But if your speed is exceeding the distance you can observe hazards - its not safe.


View Quote
Once again, all anecdotal (hearsay). Got some real statistics to back up those claims?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#45]
You can get the almost 100% stuff for the front window, but I wouldn't get anything that reduces light, personal preference. I would make sure it is a damn good installer, you will notice any imperfections since it is on the front window.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Just clear tint the windshield. Keeps temps down and protects interior from UV.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joekizanyu:
Texas tint law
View Quote


I have UV film and you absolutely can tell by the fact it reduces the heat you feel on your arms.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:


Everything has a cost.

Are you really putting wear and tear over safety ?
View Quote


Lol get out of here with your fear of window tint
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#49]
I have 30% 3M ceramic on my windshield, I love it

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vic_Crown:


I minimise hazards as much as possible.

And its not just tint - some cars / suvs have terrible visibility to side and rear because of being designed for "looks" rather than maximum visibility.

Yes - I wear sunglasses when needed. BUT I can remove them at night or when not needed.

I managed 20 years of Police driving ( uniformed frontline ) with ZERO accidents. And have 37yrs of driving with only one accident that was my fault.
View Quote


Suddenly it all makes sense… I bet you loved checking the transparency
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.


By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top