Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2020 3:13:49 PM EDT
I've been playing with a Dell R210 ii server.  I slapped M server 2019 on it.

I am running a minecraft server.

About every 30 hours or so, I wiggle the mouse and see I am at the lock screen. When I log in, I see:

Error Code (ID) 41, Wicrosoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Is there a log somewhere I can lok at to see what the problem is?  The server IS on a UPS.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Here you go.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:45:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Evt41 is an unexpected power loss.. we usually see it when a battery dies without going through a proper sleep or hibernate transition.  On Win Server, I'd say you have a flaky UPS, AC outlet, or the PSU on the server itself could be shitting the bed.  Grab a sleep study (powercfg.exe /sleepstudy) and see what it was actually doing.  Might also want to check for bugcheck logs (a .DMP file in the Windows directory).
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MMcCall:
Evt41 is an unexpected power loss.. we usually see it when a battery dies without going through a proper sleep or hibernate transition.  On Win Server, I'd say you have a flaky UPS, AC outlet, or the PSU on the server itself could be shitting the bed.  Grab a sleep study (powercfg.exe /sleepstudy) and see what it was actually doing.  Might also want to check for bugcheck logs (a .DMP file in the Windows directory).
View Quote

I pulled the hard drive, slapped a new one in,and installed Win server 2012 r2 (What came originally with the server.)

Rock solid now.

It is only going to run a Minecraft server, so it should be fine.  No idea why 2012 wouldnt have power issues, but 2019 does.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Check the bios and all of the firmware. It might need a update to work properly.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check the bios and all of the firmware. It might need a update to work properly.
View Quote

All firmware was updated.  The bios is updated too.  I was hoping to learn Server 2019 with this small server.  I guess I'll have to find a full server to run 2019 on....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top