Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2018 9:21:54 PM EDT
Last I  went to Wind Up with 2 friends from Denver, 2 from Iowa, and 1 from Seattle. We had a great time and made some good memories. While there I got to check out the new ARES prototype. Dope ass watch!

When we first landed in NYC we stopped at the Seiko boutique and checked out some super cool watches. I have to say the SBDC063/65 were one of my favorites. The new GMT GS 9F was straight up hot! There was a ton of pieces I liked. Very few I could afford unfortunately.

Thursday we all went to the Diver's Watch Facebook GTG for a meet up. ToxicNATOs/Scurfa/NTH all donated for the event. It was a good time. We got to do a ton of networking and I got to check out the new brand Lorier watches. They were super impressive. Steve from Raven was there, he had quite a few great pieces. Marc and Sons has some watches on display and so did Janis Trading. Did I mention Nodus was there? Great group of guys with super impressive watches. If they keep the pace in the next few years they are going to be one of the top brands around.

Friday morning was spent at the Wind Up show. I have met quite a few people in the last few years there and it is always great to catch up with them. I think I might have pissed off a few people also. That shit happens though. They can get over it.  :mrgreen:

Friday night I was invited to a dinner hosted by Monta. I have to say the Monta guys are great. I know someone people don't get along with them but I have had a great experience/vibe when dealing with them. I got to check out there new divers for a few hours at the dinner. I had a hard time giving them back :snooty: . I was really impressed by every one of them. Hell if anything my only complaint was they were to nice!! :shrug:  Kind of like the way I felt when wearing a Grand Seiko when working in Iraq. :crybaby:

We only flew in thursday to saturday. So saturday is the busiest day at the show and it is a little overwhelming on that day. That is why we like to come in early and just hang out. We did meet up with Sammy from Watchrecon to talk watches for a bit. Another great watch guy to chat with. Jason from Halios showed up for a just little bit on Saturday. I hung out with Patrick Marlett from Take Time (youtube), Ilyia from Worn and Wound, Steve from Raven, Neil from Mercer, RT from Vortic, James form Worn and Wound, Jeff from Crown and Buckle, were some of the ones I talked too.

There was quite a few brands there. I have to say some just don't interest me. And some people come off as dicks. If you don't see a pic of there watch in thread then you will know what category they fell in.  :mrgreen:

Some of the pics I took were in a bar, so they turned out like shit. But the lighting in most of the areas we were in sucked. My bad. :whistle:

Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#1]
MO pics

Link Posted: 11/11/2018 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#2]
This thread is awesome.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:16:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Pure sex...……..thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Many thanks!

The stuff from Raven is much wow, might be a next acquire.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad you all are enjoying the pics. Lighting was horrible though.

If you have any questions I will try and answer them also.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Great post. Many thanks from a stlredbar guy. The MO stuff is really well done.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great post. Many thanks from a stlredbar guy. The MO stuff is really well done.
View Quote
They are good people for sure.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the report and pics! That Raven Venture II is quite nice looking.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Neat. I love the new retro Seiko divers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top