Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really think capitalism should start to get with the program and looking at every drug as a potential way to enhance the work athsmophere
View Quote

Traditional teamsters/truckers have been carting our shit around the country for about a century on a marginally responsible blend of cocaine, meth and speedballs.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
A buddy of mine drives for Amazon got mauled by a GSD in a nice neighborhood while out delivering in August of last year. Delivery instructions said deliver to the back porch, so he walks around just as the homeowner was letting the dog out.

Rear facing camera on the truck caught him trying to outrun the dog, falling, and getting his neck and half of his face tore into. His first call was to 911, second was dispatch, and the third was to his attorney.

He basically owns that house now.

Pro tip guys: If you're expecting a package, maybe lock up your dog.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]
My only problem with them is how they drive.
UPS and Fedex always back in, not Amazon. Then they just blindly back out onto a 55mph road. I've had several new misses.
Some them just park in the road blocking one lane of a State highway.  Other drive through front yard to turn around.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Amazon dude face planted on my front deck last week. He didn’t use the handrail going up the steps, he instead came at the stairs from the side. Broke two boards and fell on his face. Camera recorded every bit of it. He finally stood up, cussed the stairs and waddled off. I laughed extra hard.
View Quote

turn it into a GIF.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#5]
All the Amazon drivers I've seen aren't like that at all.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why do you care? Are you going to invite them in for imitation crab meat then suck their dick? They drop off your package and are gone in 10 seconds. Good GOD some of you guys need to get a life and get off GD 24/7.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#7]
You think that free delivery comes without a cost ?

You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I love my UPS dude.  He is clean cut.  Polite.  Don’t blast rap music.   Doesn’t stink like weed.   Been on my route for years.  

Amazon Prime drivers.   Blasting rap music from the vans.  Smell like weed.  Rude.  Different driver everyday.  Some look like they just got out of prison.  

I hate it.  

View Quote

Cheap, on time, professional acting.......pick two
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dgaf
View Quote

All I care about is getting what I ordered
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't buy from Chinazon.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Amazon delivery folks around here are a diverse mix of male, female, white, black, etc. None have been as OP described.
View Quote
Most Amazon delivery drivers are hired by an independent company that has a contract with Amazon. That company hires drivers for their local area. The drivers you see, just like the people you see at your Walmart are all locals. If all you see are low life shitbirds you might want to move.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#12]
If they are driving they are in a random drug testing pool. 50% of employees are tested per year.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So you're saying they should have learned to code, instead?
View Quote

Apparently.  Worked for me,not that do any coding anymore
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Karen thread
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#15]
My personal experience has been 100% opposite.
The UPS guy might be dressed like - well - a UPS guy. But that doesn't stop him or his peeps from damaging/losing/destroying pretty much every package we've received in the last 12 months.
Amazon drivers have, with very few exceptions, all been courteous, kind, and most importantly - our packages don't look like they fell off a trailer.
The Fedex guy dresses like a blood, scouls at me for no reason, has the loudest stereo of any of them, and listens to 'hate whitey' tunes. But he still gets the job done.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
At least they are working.
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#17]
As long as they deliver my stuff without breaking it or stealing it or damaging my property in the process of doing so I dont care.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#18]
My sister who lives next door is always getting a parade of Amazon, Fed Ex, and UPS trucks dropping stuff off. I've nothced Fed EX drivers getting by with just a shirt or sometimes a vest while the Amazon drivers all look like Joe Shit the rag man. I think I've only seen one one actually wearing some semblance of a uniform. The OP is right, they're always blasting that damn rap music. They are also crummy drivers. Since we share a common drive they're always coming within a hair's bredth of backing into our car. I will agree delivery work is a pretty crappy job (having worked for FedEX one Christmas season) but these guys are bottom of the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#19]
don't invite him in then

Next thing you know you'll tell me the burger flipper making my bacoinator isn't even a real lawyer and can't perform brain surgery
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Because in the current labor shortage, that’s what they can get.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Most of the vans are privately owned and contract to Amazon for last mile delivery.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t know but they use Amazon branded trucks here so I’d think they are direct employees.

Most of the vans are privately owned and contract to Amazon for last mile delivery.

All delivery are 3P, none Amazon
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#22]
GD: "g-damn lazy no job having bastards!"

Also GD: "g-damn job having bastards!"
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#23]
You know why
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#24]
This the driver?

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Traditional teamsters/truckers have been carting our shit around the country for about a century on a marginally responsible blend of cocaine, meth and speedballs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really think capitalism should start to get with the program and looking at every drug as a potential way to enhance the work athsmophere

hehe....fuck them GPS logs too.

Back in the day momma, used to catch a load out of NOLA then truck it up to Chicago, that ole pete didn't have a governor and she was running a big ole turbo, so shed make it there right under 12 hours. Then, she'd hit a nap for about an hour and take a load back down to NOLA. Then she's have the whole weekend off. Can't pencil whip the logs anymore
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#26]
They work for Prime because antifa won’t pay them….worthless.

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#27]
strictly a ghetto amazon driver thing. amazon van pulls up the other day: rolls down windows (if they weren’t already) and proceeds to walk across parking lot and up the stairs to our place, possibly head bobbing the whole time. i could clearly hear the music downstairs in the parking lot over the sound from my TV.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I love my UPS dude.  He is clean cut.  Polite.  Don't blast rap music.   Doesn't stink like weed.   Been on my route for years.  

Amazon Prime drivers.   Blasting rap music from the vans.  Smell like weed.  Rude.  Different driver everyday.  Some look like they just got out of prison.  

I hate it.  

View Quote
It's varies by location. mine I don't see that in my area and I live in a blue collar region.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Amazon up here is UPS so no issues. I have noticed the prime delivery has gone from 3 day to 8 days.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Only one Amazon guy ever came by blasting some weird music. All of the others, and they are different every time, have been professional and prompt in their service. Never had any issues with any of them personally including the loud music guy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Question: why back in the day did everyone delivering your milk, package, or filling up your car look like this?

Attachment Attached File

Because at the time our society:

1. Had standards and expectations of appearance and behavior.

2. Paid those blue collar guys a wage that gave them dignity and allowed them to raise a family.

Modern society now does neither.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Are you looking to be friends with them, or do just need your packages?

I don't even see Amazon guys.  I come home from work and there are boxes stacked on my porch.
View Quote

Amazon has consistently dropped my packages off at my neighbors house.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I worked with a plumbing crew during the summer in HS for a few years. met at 7am to get going, they smoked 1 J, then on our was back to the shop after quitting time, each smoked another J. They didn't screw around during the day, did their work.

I guess the THC let them stay on task

View Quote

I painted for a guy that was like that, and later on he worked for me as well. He was depressed and honestly worthless as a worker and human being/friend without his morning bowl/joint. The whole crew but me smoked weed throughout the day and they all busted ass. We were doing roughly 10 houses a week (new construction, so interior and exterior both typically) with a crew of six people.

Definitely affected people differently than I was taught growing up lol
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I love my UPS dude.  He is clean cut.  Polite.  Don’t blast rap music.   Doesn’t stink like weed.   Been on my route for years.  

I hate it.  
View Quote

Everybody needs a hobby.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#35]
That’s what showed up for work at that price point.

The days of boomers getting high quality employees while paying minimum wage and a cookie are long over.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Amazon delivers products directly to your house?  There are thugs in your AO?  Sounds like crazy city people problems to me.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Question: why back in the day did everyone delivering your milk, package, or filling up your car look like this?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231252/1955-men-work-sets-jobs-500_jpg-2167940.JPG

2. Paid those blue collar guys a wage that gave them dignity and allowed them to raise a family.

View Quote

Lol, that brings back memories.  

But you're right. I can't think of a single job as a kid where the boss didn't provide 3 or 4 pairs of pants and the same for shirts, the ones with your name in the white oval with the red border. That would include working in gas stations pumping gas and changing oil as well as a machine shop running a manual lathe.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The days of boomers getting high quality employees while paying minimum wage and a cookie are long over.
View Quote

I was waiting on that
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Amazon doesn’t deliver to me because I’m out of their zone (fedex/usps/ups does ours)
But Amazon does deliver to my parents. Mostly young black females that have always been very polite and apparently have never been on a farm as they are always amazed. The last one was a guy probably in his 30’s. He was listening to a podcast when he drove up but he delivered our chainsaw blades so what do I care?
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Previously I got my Amazon packages through USPS, I was fine with that.  They opened a new warehouse in a city near me and they hired drivers.  I live in the Blue Ridge foothills and the lazyass drivers are claiming the roads are too dangerous to drive.  This is in spite of the fact that UPS and FEDEX are here making deliveries every day.  I looked back at my orders and I've had only one in the past 45 days delivered in their advertised time-frame.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Lol, why do you care what your delivery guy looks/smells like?
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#42]
The last two drivers I actually saw were both young ladies in their early 20s I'd guess.  Both smiled and greeted me with a hello.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I painted for a guy that was like that, and later on he worked for me as well. He was depressed and honestly worthless as a worker and human being/friend without his morning bowl/joint. The whole crew but me smoked weed throughout the day and they all busted ass. We were doing roughly 10 houses a week (new construction, so interior and exterior both typically) with a crew of six people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I worked with a plumbing crew during the summer in HS for a few years. met at 7am to get going, they smoked 1 J, then on our was back to the shop after quitting time, each smoked another J. They didn't screw around during the day, did their work.

I guess the THC let them stay on task

ain't that the truth
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
GD: "g-damn lazy no job having bastards!"

Also GD: "g-damn job having bastards!"
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Amazon hires anyone.   Just sign up show up and deliver.   I work with a girl who does it on the weekends.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231252/1955-men-work-sets-jobs-500_jpg-2167940.JPG

View Quote

there's one other common attribute in that picture, you haven't touched upon......
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My only problem with them is how they drive.
UPS and Fedex always back in, not Amazon. Then they just blindly back out onto a 55mph road. I've had several new misses.
Some them just park in the road blocking one lane of a State highway.  Other drive through front yard to turn around.
View Quote

UPS doesn’t back up.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup. They were treated and compensated well enough that they took pride in their work. If you give mediocre pay, and treat them like pack mules you aren’t going to get a workforce that cares about doing more than the bare minimum.

At my old job I got into it with my bosses several times about low level employees not seeming to care. I’d ask them straight up “why *should* they care?” And the only response was basically “you gotta work hard so the company does well!”. They didn’t understand that 18 year old kids working part time jobs don’t give two fucks about the year end finances of a corporation.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#49]
When Amazon started their delivery service, it was incredibly bad for me. Their guys were chucking packages out on my lawn, shoving shit into the mailbox that didn't fit in the mailbox, constantly leaving me packages that were for other addresses, constant problems. I started putting in some complaints online and someone did end up getting in touch with me and things got better. Not as good as UPS or Fedex, but better. Then the other day Amazon sent a legit 10/10 hottie delivery driver, with a unique accent and everything. Put it this way, she was so hot and so out of place that for a moment I thought she must be an undercover FBI agent or something and I shouldn't accept these packages. But no cops popped out and it was just the regular stuff I ordered. I don't know if they sent her to me to resolve my complaints, but if they did it worked because I am now ordering random trinkets from Amazon every day hoping to one day see my angel again.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Why does it matter?

As long as your package arrives who cares who delivers it? Or do you prefer a certain type of person to be handling your packages?
View Quote

You don't want shitbirds on your AO obviously.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top