Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/26/2022 1:11:42 AM EDT
I'm teacher so feel free to discount this. I so tired of hearing the politicians and their lackeys in the media with their theories as to why these shootings  happen.
    The left with their evil gun industry/lobby and "who needs an assault rifle" wailing.
    I just listened to someone on fox implying it's digital entertainment, ssris, and the lock down.
     If ssris and  video games  caused violent  behavior why wouldn't the problem  be even worse with the  millions and millions of people using them.
    Maybe it's time that we are honest. The family in our country is practically looked at as an anachronism.
    Fathers don't seem to be involved in any of these shithead's lives.
    This last fucker was living with his grandparents who obviously did a great job raising his mom.  If they raised someone who is a junky why should they get another  chance to raise a kid?
    Lastly, and I'm no Bible thumper but , we've removed God from just about every aspect of our society.
    Please spare me the "I don't need God to be a moral person" I know that a person doesn't need religion to be an upstanding person. I agree with you.
    Too many young people are raising   themselves and then we bitch about the schools being too involved in kids' lives.
    As a society we need to invest more time in our youth. Not money, not things, time!
     What do you guys think, am I just completely out of touch with what is going on?
Sorry for the weak rant.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Both sides use this shit to advance their narrative. It’s sickening. One side wants to ban guns and the other wants kids to go to school in a prison and both sides wants to red flag anyone that doesn’t agree with them. Evil exists and there isn’t one solution.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:14:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Stop raising murderous psychopaths?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:15:28 AM EDT
[#3]
bad people do bad things.
it's unstoppable.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm teacher so feel free to discount this. I so tired of hearing the politicians and their lackeys in the media with their theories as to why these shootings  happen.
    The left with their evil gun industry/lobby and "who needs an assault rifle" wailing.
    I just listened to someone on fox implying it's digital entertainment, ssris, and the lock down.
     If ssris and  video games  caused violent  behavior why wouldn't the problem  be even worse with the  millions and millions of people using them.
    Maybe it's time that we are honest. The family in our country is practically looked at as an anachronism.
    This last fucker was living with his grandparents who obviously did a great job raising his mom.  If they raised someone who is a junky why should they get another  chance to raise a kid?
    Lastly, and I'm no Bible thumper but , we've removed God from just about every aspect of our society.
    Please spare me the "I don't need God to be a moral person" I know that a person doesn't need religion to be an upstanding person. I agree with you.
    Too many young people are raising   themselves and then we bitch about the schools being too involved in kids' lives.
    As a society we need to invest more time in our youth. Not money, not things, time!
     What do you guys think, am I just completely out of touch with what is going on?
Sorry for the weak rant.
View Quote
Meh 8/10, for being spot on
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:22:39 AM EDT
[#5]
More God and Family, less ducklips.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Too many fatalistic young shitheads who don’t value human life.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:22:52 AM EDT
[#7]
That’s not a weak rant OP.

You are looking for solutions.

Nothing wrong with that.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The family unit has broken apart, so that structure and opportunity for growth and guidance is missing.

You can definitely be morale and ethical without God, but with God, it is almost assured.

Social media makes people compare and the net makes people rude.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:32:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Haven't heard a single peep about the kid's dad
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:37:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
bad people do bad things.
it's unstoppable.
View Quote

Since the beginning of time nonetheless… why this gets rehashed over and over is ridiculous

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:42:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Raised by his grandparents.

if you don't raise your own children right, you'll end up raising your grandchildren.

true.every time
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:55:06 AM EDT
[#12]
My answer:

We have a society which is completely corrupt and devoid of value.

Yes, we are inventive.
Yes, we are enlightened.
Yes, we are rich.
Yes, we advanced.

Yes, we are superficial.
Yes, we are glutinous.
Yes, we are perverse.
Yes, we are lovers of pleasure.
Yes, we are lovers of self.
Yes, we are disobedient to parents.
Yes, we are proud.
Yes, we are haughty.
Yes, we are spiteful.
Yes, we are unjust.
Yes, we have shunned God.
Yes, we have set ourselves above God.
Yes, we corrupt all the nations of the Earth.

I am not a righteous man, nor am I a just man, and I cannot deny that I am any of the horrible things that our society has become. But, there is a price to pay for our pride, our rejection of God and the perversion of our souls. We are where we are because we have become proud, deceitful, corrupt, lovers of pleasure and rejected God. We are not here because God is being mean to us for these things. We are here because this is the end result of a society that rejects God, but worships Elon Musk and Kim Kardashian.

That's my take.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:04:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I mistyped something/left something out  in my original post. I wasn't implying this this kids mom was a junky.
     I was commenting on grandparents in general who are raising grandkids after they already screwed up their own kids.
I dont know anything about this last guys mom.
     I didn't want to make an edit to my original post.
Sorry for the confusion.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:06:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Discounting OP for being a teacher.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:15:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm a teacher too OP. I agree.

Our country is morally bankrupt. Families and schools are both dumpster fires.
The left wants to ban guns and spend money.
The right wants to ignore the problem and give thoughts and prayers.

Truth is we need strong families and instead we tear down the family as a society.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:49:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I read this really interesting self help book a few years ago - there were some really buttoned down thoughts.  I'll jot down a few of them below

(1)  take a couple of days off each week to spend time with your family and reflect on all that is around you
(2)  make sure you take care of your mum and dad when they get old, help them out where you can
(3)  Simple things such as don't kill anyone
(4)  don't go around hitting on other peoples wives
(5)  don't steal other peoples shit
(6)  don't lie or make stuff up about people, don't get involved in gossip
(7)  don't be envious of others, they may have got lucky or may have worked very hard for their things
(8)  treat others in a manner in which you would like to be treated

That sort of thing, I thought it was pretty solid - I just can't remember what the name of the book was.  Anyone else hear about this? I think it was very popular not so long ago.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:03:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I wasn't the greatest dad to my son, but we had fun then and now. Here he is with his PSA AR-15, (no hate, it works great), and he has never once been in trouble with the law or school. Lazy little sh!t, but that's my fault.

Attachment Attached File

What do I do to help today? I am a certified pistol coach with 4H Shooting Sports, just got into it, haven't really gotten my depth in it. but I have helped some already with teaching kids to shoot ethically and responsibly, and modeling professional behavior. Check to see if you have a 4H Shooting Sports program in your area and how you can help.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:30:44 AM EDT
[#18]
You can't legislate evil away.

God won't stop evil.

Can't take every gun away from earth, and if you did what's next, steak knives?

It's quite simple that the only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Get more good guys with guns, instead of disarming and making unopposed targets easy pickens.

Make believe our schools and churches are US congress members and thier families.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:46:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The family unit has broken apart, so that structure and opportunity for growth and guidance is missing.

You can definitely be morale and ethical without God, but with God, it is almost assured.

View Quote

The family unit is a large part of it. Bibles and guns have always been a part of our culture and much of our morality was based on Christian beliefs; even those that are atheists or agnostics were raised in a culture with moral norms.  

Churches have changed as well. Not to focus on the religion, but as local community institutions. When I grew up, they were family oriented, often single parent kids were picked up. It was a safe place to hang out. Our families and churches have been fragmented, corrupted, and attacked. There's a moral issue causing much of these tragic events. You can replace community gathering events with social media or video games. You can't medicated your way out of depression and being alone.  We always have had bullies, but in physical gatherings, there were enough norms to contain it and a few sheep dogs to stop it...Facebook, Twitter, and IG are not good judges of moral norms and they're not sheep dogs.

Guns aren't the problem and religion isn't the only answer. It's a bigger problem that many don't want to really confront, too much money involved to really make the hard decisions, and the morality chasm in America is getting larger. It's just easier to blame guns and politicians or make excuses than to truly address the root causes. Freedom and liberty without some guard rails for morality will end in more events like this.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:48:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My answer:

We have a society which is completely corrupt and devoid of value.

Yes, we are inventive.
Yes, we are enlightened.
Yes, we are rich.
Yes, we advanced.

Yes, we are superficial.
Yes, we are glutinous.
Yes, we are perverse.
Yes, we are lovers of pleasure.
Yes, we are lovers of self.
Yes, we are disobedient to parents.
Yes, we are proud.
Yes, we are haughty.
Yes, we are spiteful.
Yes, we are unjust.
Yes, we have shunned God.
Yes, we have set ourselves above God.
Yes, we corrupt all the nations of the Earth.

I am not a righteous man, nor am I a just man, and I cannot deny that I am any of the horrible things that our society has become. But, there is a price to pay for our pride, our rejection of God and the perversion of our souls. We are where we are because we have become proud, deceitful, corrupt, lovers of pleasure and rejected God. We are not here because God is being mean to us for these things. We are here because this is the end result of a society that rejects God, but worships Elon Musk and Kim Kardashian.

That's my take.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:55:35 AM EDT
[#21]
It’s everything OP.   Lack of lunatic asylums, lack of morality, lack of Fathers, Lack of hope. Lack of immigration standards.  Lack of justice.  

Honestly, read one of the “American Dream is dying” threads one of these days.    The anger, disillusionment, and hopelessness from Millennials and younger, is palpable as it is real;

And that’s from guys who are sorta sane and relatively squared away.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 4:29:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Both sides use this shit to advance their narrative. It’s sickening. One side wants to ban guns and the other wants kids to go to school in a prison and both sides wants to red flag anyone that doesn’t agree with them. Evil exists and there isn’t one solution.
View Quote

Well that is pretty different as liberals use this as an excuse to ban guns which is sickening but I think the other side wants security  because they see a problem and want to fix it. I don't think they would be calling for better security ( like a prison ) just for pointless reasons. I don't see anything sickening about wanting security, they isn't really anything to gain from that other then less dead kids.  Whether you agree with it or not I don't think its something to be offended over.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 4:34:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry for the weak rant.

+1

It is a cultural problem. Society have rotted too far, a lot of damage is done and even if it could be reversed it will take a long time to change back.

Lack of religion and its morals, lack of fear of God, lack of fathers and positive family structure, lack of society accepting and encouraging normal masculine behavior and accomplishments instead creating a bunch of frustrated incel betas with no direction, encouragement and grooming mental illnesses and abnormal behavior, its not one single reason.

Basically all the lefts decades of cultural rot coming home to roost.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 4:40:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Monsters live among us. They always have and always will. No matter this shitbag, serial killers, molesters, pedos, traffickers, dealers, ect.. The best solution is to remove the celebrity surrounding it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 4:45:34 AM EDT
[#25]
to top it off we have a mental health crisis today that no one wants to address.  and this falls in line with what OP is saying.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 4:46:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Monsters live among us. They always have and always will. No matter this shitbag, serial killers, molesters, pedos, traffickers, dealers, ect.. The best solution is to remove the celebrity surrounding it.
View Quote

Could no agree more.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:05:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ehhhhhh, how about we remove them?

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:08:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI

Well said. I completely concur.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:13:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's an impossible task and often approached similar to gun control.

Any "celebrity" of these murderers is a reflection of society.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:25:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree you can never remove the celebrity. Really there is no good answer. Also society is as sick as it ever was. It amazes me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:12:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Well said OP.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:17:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Lack of morals, discipline, parenting, and respect. Dad's don't want to be fathers and moms don't want to be a mothers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:30:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Some people are broke. We have over 330,000,000 people in America. Some are going to do bad things.  There are probably 100+ harmless broken people for every dangerous one.

Realistically, an adult can kill 10 to 30 children in under two minutes. On site security may slow that down or may be incapacitated nearly immediately.

There is no good answer that will actually solve school shootings. Precautions can be taken which will hopefully prevent or reduce the casualty count, but it's never going to be perfect.

I would love to see more teachers train themselves and carry (or a state sponsored version). Where my kids go to school there are armed staff on campus every day.  When someone sets out to make a body count, there are still probably going to be a lot of dead people. There's just no surefire way to shut a shooting down in the first thirty seconds without an armed person in almost every room.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm a teacher too OP. I agree.

Our country is morally bankrupt. Families and schools are both dumpster fires.
The left wants to ban guns and spend money.
The right wants to ignore the problem and give thoughts and prayers.

Truth is we need strong families and instead we tear down the family as a society.
View Quote

That isn’t true at all.  The right has been calling for school security and a deep dive into mental problems of our society since the first mass killing.  The question is: what are you doing to help them get those actual solutions pushed through a govt and media complex that just wants fun bans?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:06:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Even if you are secular, the pursuit of God means pursuing things outside of self. That's what we are lacking.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Some people are broke. We have over 330,000,000 people in America. Some are going to do bad things.  There are probably 100+ harmless broken people for every dangerous one.

Realistically, an adult can kill 10 to 30 children in under two minutes. On site security may slow that down or may be incapacitated nearly immediately.

There is no good answer that will actually solve school shootings. Precautions can be taken which will hopefully prevent or reduce the casualty count, but it's never going to be perfect.

I would love to see more teachers train themselves and carry (or a state sponsored version). Where my kids go to school there are armed staff on campus every day.  When someone sets out to make a body count, there are still probably going to be a lot of dead people. There's just no surefire way to shut a shooting down in the first thirty seconds without an armed person in almost every room.
View Quote

Agree with all of this, especially the last part. We need armed staff member in every school. Shooters will move on to soft targets.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:26:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Your not out of touch at all right on the money actually.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:35:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sorry for the weak rant.
View Quote
SSRIs are known to cause suicidality in *certain* small number people, almost entirely adolescents.

If I remember correctly, it was 2% of the placebo group and 4% of the group on SSRIs.

See medical article for background. That doctor is arguing the black box warning should be removed, but the background info is legit.

I don't think there is enough evidence to confirm a link, but there damned sure isn't enough to deny a link. Anecdotally, these things took off about the same time as SSRIs started being prescribed to kids. I'd sure like to see it looked at. But for whatever reason, it seems they're not releasing any information on drug history on these fuckers anymore.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#40]
im just curious the effect the lockdowns and shots have had

--not discounting all the other reasons, and not discounting the tragedy of course.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#41]
I was expecting Nancy Kerrigan.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:18:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Parents have 12 years to raise a child and most squander the opportunity.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#44]
We let public schools raise a generation of rudderless nihilistic kids that don't believe in truth and celebrate every mental illness because some college grads thought it was a good idea and mom and dad are too busy both working to pay attention.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sorry for the weak rant.
View Quote

You are right.  The world can be a cruel place for a child sometimes, and if there's no where to get relief (like a good family life), some of them are
going to break down. This the conversation we should be having.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Modernity has driven us insane.

Let me, sort of, explain.  Our ancestors blood and sweat created the Republic. The ideal put forth by the Founding generation (and their antecedents in colonial America), was that ordered liberty and virtue were to be upheld.  This also included decentralisation of government authority. Farmers and small business owners were to be free to bring their goods to market without burdensome government influence.  Young people works in the fields and those who held talent were encouraged to go onto further education (education that was rigorous and meant something).

Somewhere along the line economic interest of a few gathered steam and began to exert centralising power over what had been reserved powers for the states.  The Civil War, the Wilson administration, the start of Empire. Corporations were chartered (which many of the Founding generation abhorred), technology relieved us of our burdens.  We became lazy, virtue died, we got fat on processed food, stared into screens all day, and became more compliant in order to maintain our luxuries.

Even the most virtuous of us is now fatter than most of our ancestors.  We look nothing like the people who founded the Republic. We don't think or behave like them either.

We live in an ugly country, full of ugly buildings and ugly people. And we are constantly angry because of the pressures of modernity.  In debt, depressed, unhappy, isolated, overweight, separated from the land and surrounded by people we don't know and have nothing in common with.

Richmond, Virginia in the early 19th century

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#48]
For a teacher, that first sentence is awesome.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
These psychos know two things about a school: serious press coverage, and nobody shoots back.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#50]
These kids have no sense of belonging to society so they would rather check out in the most horrific way.

Church, religion and God would go a long way to improving their lives but you have to get them there.

They need to be shown the light so they can walk through the darkness.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top