Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2019 10:18:32 PM EDT
I am about halfway through it and it is very enjoyable!
@RikWriter I think this is your best book so far and I really like Marc Vietor as the narrator!
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Second book ramps up the action.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Just finished book 3 of the series and really enjoyed it
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Same here!
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Just finished book 6 yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, but thanks very much, glad you guys liked the series.
Book six is the last one for now, though I may come back to it later on, depending on what the publisher thinks after running all the numbers.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
On 4 now and really liking it.

Also, love the Glory Boy series and would love to see more!
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#7]
What I am working on right now is a trilogy about a Marine battlesuit trooper in the war with the Tahni from the Birthright universe.  The series is going to be called Drop-Trooper and the first book will be Contact Front.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What I am working on right now is a trilogy about a Marine battlesuit trooper in the war with the Tahni from the Birthright universe.  The series is going to be called Drop-Trooper and the first book will be Contact Front.
View Quote
Thanks and will be all over that.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I also just put out the first book in a new series called Interstellar Bounty Hunter, something a little different for me.  This one is more space opera, with a disgraced ex-cop framed by a corrupt politician and forced to resign, who becomes a bounty hunter because it's the only thing he can do.  His partner is a robot dog with an illegal sentient AI plugged into him.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, but thanks very much, glad you guys liked the series.
Book six is the last one for now, though I may come back to it later on, depending on what the publisher thinks after running all the numbers.
View Quote
No worries your writing/storytelling is getting much better! I would love to see a first contact book series based in the present or near time with bad aliens and even more badass human soldiers
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No worries your writing/storytelling is getting much better! I would love to see a first contact book series based in the present or near time with bad aliens and even more badass human soldiers
View Quote
And by coincidence, I am writing just such a series as we speak...  
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that is Awesome!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:08:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@RikWriter

Any idea when we might look for this?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@RikWriter

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14727/index_jpg-1245737.JPG
View Quote
I just finished book 1, and the publisher doesn't want to release it until book 3 is done, so I would imagine sometime in late spring, early summer.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Looking forward to the new series Rik, I very much enjoy your writing.  Your craft has improved steadily since the early books.  Well done!
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just finished book 1, and the publisher doesn't want to release it until book 3 is done, so I would imagine sometime in late spring, early summer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@RikWriter

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14727/index_jpg-1245737.JPG
Please do the series in audio books that is how I purchase
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Please do the series in audio books that is how I purchase
View Quote
I am sure he will.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Just got Audible and Glory Boys is my first audiobook. The book itself is very good but the narrator leaves much to be desired.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just got Audible and Glory Boys is my first audiobook. The book itself is very good but the narrator leaves much to be desired.
View Quote
I don't mind Kyle.  He wouldn't have been my first choice (and it wasn't my choice, Tantor Media picked him after they bought the rights to the audio book) but I thought he was okay.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I guess I need to charge my kindle again...
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I saw this on audible and remembered that I used to chat with "RangerRick" about sci-fi on a #guns chatroom in the mid to late 90s. He would send around short stories. Will download.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 2:35:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I also just put out the first book in a new series called Interstellar Bounty Hunter, something a little different for me.  This one is more space opera, with a disgraced ex-cop framed by a corrupt politician and forced to resign, who becomes a bounty hunter because it's the only thing he can do.  His partner is a robot dog with an illegal sentient AI plugged into him.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/210/Absolution_small_jpg-1154560.JPG
View Quote
Reading it now.

I keep thinking of:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#23]
LOL!  Except my guy doesn't feed any wayward girls to his dog...
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I also stared the bounty hunter series yesterday. So far I'm liking it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Just finished John Ringo’s Maple Syrup war book and moved over to this.

Damn good so far. Much better narrator on this series.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I liked it a lot.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Just read the first two books in the Wholesale Slaughter series. I thought they were really good. Thanks, Rick!
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Waiting on Book 6......and waiting......and waiting.....lol
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comes out February 16.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top