BCM
User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 498 of 746)
Page / 746
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mort:
I found a ways back that watching the second episode is probably better for determining if a show will be good.  That gets the intro out of the way usually and gets to the damn story.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

It's one of those anime where you can tell with 99% certainty after just watching the first episode if you'll enjoy it or not. There's no "give it time to see if you like it" required.

I wish more anime was like that.
I found a ways back that watching the second episode is probably better for determining if a show will be good.  That gets the intro out of the way usually and gets to the damn story.

That’s true.  Also in the 2nd episode of Kemono Michi we met the OP dragon loli and her vampire servant that’s a combination of Aqua and Darkness.

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

Heretics must burn!
https://i.imgur.com/FwRoV3E.gif
View Quote

Not funny, at all, except using the general's head as a soccer ball. 3 really dumb characters. 1, maybe 2, I can see, but 3 is overkill. The mc is only kind of sort of interesting. Really plain, with no real character.

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

Not funny, at all, except using the general's head as a soccer ball. 3 really dumb characters. 1, maybe 2, I can see, but 3 is overkill. The mc is only kind of sort of interesting. Really plain, with no real character.

https://pics.ballmemes.com/the-various-emotions-of-aqua-it-mostly-involves-crying-63645935.png
View All Quotes

Heretics must burn!

https://pics.ballmemes.com/the-various-emotions-of-aqua-it-mostly-involves-crying-63645935.png

Who hurt you?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The Tate No Yuusha no Nariagari website updated!  New season 2 teaser pic and new trailer dropped.

Shield Hero
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By greybear:
The Tate No Yuusha no Nariagari website updated!  New season 2 teaser pic and new trailer dropped.

Shield Hero
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody have an opinion on Odd Taxi? Should I put it in my watchlist since the dub is dropping this month?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Heretics must burn!
View Quote
Maybe if the water goddess wasn't trying to use a fire attack, she might actually have been able to smite her enemies.  Also shouldn't that be heretics must drown?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:26:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#8]
Originally Posted By greybear:

Shield Hero
View Quote

One of the very few anime I'm looking forward to this year.

What I'm looking forward to the most is the final season of Utawarerumono: The Mask of Truth.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By theleadfarmer1911:
Anybody have an opinion on Odd Taxi? Should I put it in my watchlist since the dub is dropping this month?
View Quote
If you like Terentino films you will probably dig odd taxi.  Very character driven with lots of oddball characters.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:48:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Not funny, at all, except using the general's head as a soccer ball. 3 really dumb characters. 1, maybe 2, I can see, but 3 is overkill. The mc is only kind of sort of interesting. Really plain, with no real character
View Quote

I guess it’ll always have a special place in my heart, it was one of the first anime I ever watched (first was High School of the Dead), and I thought it was great.
But then again, I’m easily amused.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I just watched S1:E19 of DS again...it really is a fantastic episode.

I had a print made of a black and white image I made from Castlevania's Trevor vs you know who.

I might do that again for the beheading in this episode.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#12]

I guess it’ll always have a special place in my heart, it was one of the first anime I ever watched (first was High School of the Dead), and I thought it was great.
View All Quotes

Not funny, at all, except using the general's head as a soccer ball. 3 really dumb characters. 1, maybe 2, I can see, but 3 is overkill. The mc is only kind of sort of interesting. Really plain, with no real character

He also claims the animation for Demon Slayer is trash.  He either has the worst taste of anyone in this thread or he’s just trolling.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 11:02:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#13]

View Quote

I'm easily amused as well and own High School of the Dead. ( Great anime by the way ) I also own the OVA. ( not as good as the anime ) I just didn't find anything funny with Konosuba. The dumb and stupid theme wore off real, real fast.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

It’s certainly “different”… I watched maybe four or five episodes but lost interest. Didn’t particularly like the characters or the story, not much of a fan of gangsta themes or sitcoms (which is sorta what it felt like, albeit one with lots of quirks).

Maybe I should have given it more of a chance, but it just didn’t get me all that excited…

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

It’s certainly “different”… I watched maybe four or five episodes but lost interest. Didn’t particularly like the characters or the story, not much of a fan of gangsta themes or sitcoms (which is sorta what it felt like, albeit one with lots of quirks).

Maybe I should have given it more of a chance, but it just didn’t get me all that excited…

View Quote

Thanks I'll give it a shot once the dub drops.

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 4:39:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brasscrossedrifles] [#16]
If you like Tarantino films you will probably dig odd taxi.  Very character driven with lots of oddball characters.
View Quote

Fixed.

I'd not heard this take previously, despite seeing it recommended heavily. Now I'm convinced to watch it because Tarantino is one of my favorite directors in the west.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Let me know how it is. I only just watched the first episode today and will watch the rest this weekend.
View All Quotes

Hated Konosuba. Watched it once and shelved it for a few months. Watched it a month ago to see if I still hated it and I did. I'll let you know tomorrow what I think of Kemono.

Let me know how it is. I only just watched the first episode today and will watch the rest this weekend.

Same boat, didn't like Konosuba, didn't understand the 'hype', got through it though.

Watched the fist episode of this, then found myself all the way through ep 4 on first viewing
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

I often wonder if there are so many isekai because it reflects on Japanese people just unhappy with their lives.... but are there are so many of them wanting an escape that dying and being reborn in an isekai is an actual want?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By joe_sun:
Originally Posted By HAMBURGERATTACK:
I cannot take even one more isekai

I often wonder if there are so many isekai because it reflects on Japanese people just unhappy with their lives.... but are there are so many of them wanting an escape that dying and being reborn in an isekai is an actual want?

They have an odd fixation on death, even the most benign show's -let's make a mug, and the new show slow loop (and countless others) involve death to a level that seams 'abnormal'.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#19]
there should be more reverse isekai
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Maybe if the water goddess wasn't trying to use a fire attack, she might actually have been able to smite her enemies.  Also shouldn't that be heretics must drown?
View All Quotes

Heretics must burn!

Perhaps if the water goddess weren't worthless and of sub-par intelligence she would have thought of this.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BB868:

Same boat, didn't like Konosuba, didn't understand the 'hype', got through it though.

Watched the fist episode of this, then found myself all the way through ep 4 on first viewing
View Quote

Glad I'm not the only one.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Okay, I've watched the first two episodes of Kemono Michi. First episode was meh, until he was summoned. Episode 2 was a little better, but the MC is about as dense as HK. Shigure seems to be the only one with any common sense and I like her " oh look what I found" comments.

I really don't know what to think of it. It's the first anime I've seen where all the evil monsters are loved instead of hated. I'll give it 2 more episodes and see what i think then.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Okay, I've watched the first two episodes of Kemono Michi. First episode was meh, until he was summoned. Episode 2 was a little better, but the MC is about as dense as HK. Shigure seems to be the only one with any common sense and I like her " oh look what I found" comments.

I really don't know what to think of it. It's the first anime I've seen where all the evil monsters are loved instead of hated. I'll give it 2 more episodes and see what i think then.
View Quote

Says the guy that claims the animation of Demon Slayer is trash.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Quintin:
Slow day today so I got caught up on season 2 of Demon Slayer.

Those guys have done such a good job with that show. Man, it is so good.
View Quote

I think it’s the best active anime, the best anime through its first 43 episodes, and easily the best animation I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Watched 4 episodes of Kemono Michi. The dumb and stupid trope is beaten to death. My final verdict is:

American Dad - Roger "Nooooo"
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

It really is
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#28]

I think it’s the best active anime, the best anime through its first 43 episodes, and easily the best animation I have ever seen.
View All Quotes

Channel your inner Marin, and do some 'flashy' cos-play

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/195690
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Estimated arrive: December 2022?

Hopefully they’ll be some YouTube videos of people trying to use them.

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Speaking of Marin though…

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

LOL, welcome to the world (my world btw) of modern (toy) collecting. I got shit on pre-order that doesn't come out till 12/23
It's a hot mess, and impossible to explain to anyone who's not into that.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Hopefully they’ll be some YouTube videos of people trying to use them.

View Quote

Not exactly what you're looking for, but 'awesome' for "reasons"

????? Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba??? ????LiSA/??? Gurenge?

And speaking of Demon Slayer cos-play and some awesome cover music--

Demon Slayer Season 2 OP「Zankyosanka」Piano & Violin Cover | When Uzui and Daki playing Zankyosanka!

Demon Slayer Season 2 OP?Zankyosanka?Piano & Violin Cover | When Uzui and Daki playing Zankyosanka!
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I finished Kemono Michi this week (I always end up avoiding completing an anime because I'm bummed when it's over).  Such a fun show.  I hope it gets a second season.  I'm really enjoying the absurdly funny Isekai series.  The Devil is a Part-Timer, Konosuba, and Kemono Michi are all hilarious.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:01:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#35]
Dark Schneider is Reborn!

New 24 episode BASTARD!! anime to be released later this year

????BASTARD?-??????-?PV |Eng sub

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#36]

LOL, welcome to the world (my world btw) of modern (toy) collecting. I got shit on pre-order that doesn't come out till 12/23
It's a hot mess, and impossible to explain to anyone who's not into that.
View Quote

Late 90’s I collected Japanese toys, Macross Valkyries, HCM Gundam, Evangelions, Mazingers, Dougram all all sorts of figures. My room looked like an an otaku paradise and it was an expensive hobby. Ended up selling almost everything
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 2:28:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Finished Kemono Michi.  I enjoyed it but after about 10 episodes it got a little stale. Still was a fun watch though.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Started watching Demon Lord season 2. I only held off on it, because someone here grievously described it.  Hmm, I wonder who that could have been that said Shera and Rem were moved to minor char status and were hardly seen? They've been in every episode so far and have had a major presence.

At episode 6 now and I'm enjoying it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 3:16:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#41]
Started watching Demon Lord season 2. I only held off on it, because someone here grievously described it.  Hmm, I wonder who that could have been that said Shera and Rem were moved to minor char status and were hardly seen? They've been in every episode so far and have had a major presence.

At episode 6 now and I'm enjoying it.
View Quote

I've read every post in this thread about How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord S2.  No one posted "Shera and Rem were hardly seen."  Multiple people posted that they didn't like how Shera and Rem had a less prominent role than they did in S1 (which, IMO, is a valid criticism), but no one made a serious post claiming that they were hardly seen in the entire season.  Maybe you read it somewhere else.

Personally I thought S1 was one of the funniest and most entertaining Isekai I've seen while S2 was simply "watchable." YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#43]

AOTY
BG 2022
BG 2020's
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 7:49:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#44]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

AOTY
BG 2022
BG 2020's
View All Quotes

AOTY
BG 2022
BG 2020's

Okay, now I know you’re just fooling about because you said like a week ago you thought Demon Slayer was AOTY.  Or maybe in the past week that transference you have between Marin and your college GF went SSJ2.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone have any opinions about Toilet-bound Hanako-kun?
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Okay, now I know you’re just fooling about because you said like a week ago you thought Demon Slayer was AOTY.
View All Quotes

Okay, now I know you’re just fooling about because you said like a week ago you thought Demon Slayer was AOTY.

No, a week ago I said:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Who-watches-Anime-/5-581883/?page=493#i97166874

and

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Who-watches-Anime-/5-581883/?page=494#i97181972

and a week before that I said

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Who-watches-Anime-/5-581883/?page=490#i97076438

All of those statements are still true.

Or maybe in the past week that transference you have between Marin and your college GF went SSJ2.

It started out that way.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone have any opinions about Toilet-bound Hanako-kun?
View Quote

I've seen the manga volumes for sale at BAM. The cover art got a reflexive "thats a no from me, dawg". That's all I got.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:
https://i.imgur.com/1KpMrAv_d.gif
View Quote

うおおおおああああああ

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#50]

No, a week ago I said:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Who-watches-Anime-/5-581883/?page=493#i97166874

and

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Who-watches-Anime-/5-581883/?page=494#i97181972

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Who-watches-Anime-/5-581883/?page=490#i97076438

It started out that way.
View All Quotes

No, a week ago I said:

and

Or maybe in the past week that transference you have between Marin and your college GF went SSJ2.

It started out that way.

Watch out, Cell.

Page / 746
Who watches Anime? (Page 498 of 746)
Top Top