Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/9/2018 11:50:56 AM EDT
I know I am.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/tcm2018-die-hard-30th-anniversary

TCM Big Screen Classics Presents

Die Hard
A Special 30th Anniversary Event

New York City Detective John McClane becomes the only hope for a small group of hostages, trapped in a Los Angeles high-rise office building when it is seized by terrorists on Christmas Eve. This 30th Anniversary event includes exclusive insight from Turner Classic Movies.

Die Hard 30th Anniversary (1988) Presented by TCM

Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Me is.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. I have a friend who's never seen it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Hope you will constantly tell him "Welcome to the party, pal."
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I own several guns from that movie.

RIP my friend Hans...
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Already got tickets but my buddy backed out due to other plans, going to the 7pm showing. Gonna be seeing it in Fort Worth.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember seeing in the theatre.  30th anniversary.  Dang.  I'm getting old.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]
CSB Time:  I used to work with the guy that walks up and kisses Bruce Willis at the Christmas Party
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you really get that much of a different experience watching it in the theater vs. on your couch?  I mean, I’ve got a big screen, solid surround sound, I can completely relax or recline, I don’t have to spend the $14 or whatever it is, I have a have a fridge stocked full of food, and I can have my MP5 next to me for that “feel part of the action” element.

There are certain movies where I might understand, but mostly imax type stuff.  I’ve seen “Die Hard” 100x, and yeah, I’ll watch it every time I comes on.  I’m just not sure I’ll rush to the movie theater to do so
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do you really get that much of a different experience watching it in the theater vs. on your couch?  I mean, I’ve got a big screen, solid surround sound, I can completely relax or recline, I don’t have to spend the $14 or whatever it is, I have a have a fridge stocked full of food, and I can have my MP5 next to me for that “feel part of the action” element.

There are certain movies where I might understand, but mostly imax type stuff.  I’ve seen “Die Hard” 100x, and yeah, I’ll watch it every time I comes on.  I’m just not sure I’ll rush to the movie theater to do so
View Quote
My ticket for a 2pm showing for $4.75.

Cancelled the 2pm and changed to 7pm.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
When Super Troopers 2 came out they did a special double-feature with the original.  I've seen that enough times to pretty much reenact the entire movie but never saw it at a theater when it first came out.  It was awesome seeing it on the big-screen for the first time so I can only imagine how cool it would be to see Die Hard.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Tickets have been bought for the last week! I'm pumped!
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#13]
No, but I'm going to see Patton in the theater on Sunday at Movie Tavern.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#14]
My wife and I have tickets for this Sunday. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't have all that fancy home entertainment shit, so yes.

Also, kickass 80s action movies are always better in a bigger and louder format, so... yes again.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Have had my tickets since about april for my local theater.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I just bought a gray sweat shirt and pants, and a jumbo red sharpie.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Awww yeah.  14 Nov!

And in 3 weeks, they start the 40th Anniversary of Superman!
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, it did come out ten years after she was born. And she usually doesn't like "action" movies. But she loves Christmas movies.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
This was the first film I saw in the theater where people applauded at the end.  Instant classic.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, but did he really have to drop the PSP along with him? . . .

CMOS
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep.  Sunday with my 21yo kid.

We've seen North by Northwest and Vertigo at other Fathom Events.  Cool stuff.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
CSB Time:  I used to work with the guy that walks up and kisses Bruce Willis at the Christmas Party
View Quote
"Fuckin' CALIFORNIA!"
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

When Super Troopers 2 came out they did a special double-feature with the original.  I've seen that enough times to pretty much reenact the entire movie but never saw it at a theater when it first came out.  It was awesome seeing it on the big-screen for the first time so I can only imagine how cool it would be to see Die Hard.
View Quote
I want to see Jaws in a theater. Coworker told me it is possible to rent his local theater for a private party at a reasonable price. I've been tempted many times.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I saw it in the theater when it was first released. No plans to go back. But, I will be getting the 4K UHD disc to replace the lesser resolution Bluray disc that I already have.

Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This was the first film I saw in the theater where people applauded at the end.  Instant classic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That reminds me of when Bill Clinton was president and I was at a theater watching previews. Previews for "Independence Day" with Will Smith came on and when they showed the shot of the flying saucer shooting the ray and blowing up the White House (hopefully with Bill and Hillary inside) the audience broke out into an intense applause. I never applaud or cheer in movies (I'm quietly reserved), but, I have to admit that I started applauding as well.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you have a hundred like-minded fans in varying states of sobriety in your living room? Sometimes the crowd experience IS the show.

And I'll be packing a 92FS
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Uh, I have a 75" Sony XBR 4K UHD TV at home and usually prefer to watch 4K UHD movies at home. But, once in a while, a new movie comes out that looks like a lot of fun and I don't want to wait 6 months for it to finally be released on 4K UHD discs. So, I'll reserve a seat or two if my daughter wants to join me, go to a nearby Whataburger to eat before the movie, and then enjoy myself for the astronomical price of $7.50 for a ticket. I don't know where you live, but, I never pay more than $7.50 for a matinee show with a reserved seat that is a big, comfortable, cushioned, power recliner. $14 for a movie ticket? Really? I went to see "Hunter Killer" on the big screen a few weeks ago. $7.50 and maybe three other people in the entire auditorium was like having the entire theater to myself. I already have Die Hard on Bluray and will order it now that it's been released on 4K UHD, so I'll skip the theater for this one.

Wait, you don't have Die Hard on Bluray disc? You have to wait for it to come on the TV to watch it??? What kind of a home TV movie connoisseur are you?  And, if you're only watching broadcast TV, then you're not watching it in true full 1080p HD.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Nice.  In a good theater near the house to on Sunday.  Will check with the wife...
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#30]
It was like the first action movie that wasn't 80s cliche cheesy.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
^ Tell me about it lol..
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I’ll be working through both showings.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#34]
All I need now is the Santa hat

Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I’ll be working through both showings.
View Quote
you can't duck into the viewing area during the movie, to watch the action parts?  
you have to stay outside the doors guarding the red velour ropes for the entire showing?

that sucks, man.  i feel for ya.

maybe you can suggest a "staff matinee" or something like that -- you know, mgmt giving back to the troops.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Best christmas movie ever
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#37]
A movie theater is just a place where people go to eat nachos and talk to each other in the dark.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Just bought tickets for Sunday.  Didn't even know it was in theaters so thanks OP
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I saw this on TCM last night. I wonder if they are doing it in San Antonio.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fucking PA...

Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Tickets bought for Wednesday.

I'm working night shift, but getting up early for the 2 oclock show.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

CMOS
View Quote
P7M13 Nickel
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#43]
I've had my tickets since April, going on sunday. I can't wait to see it on the big screen.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
P7M13 Nickel
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CMOS
P7M13 Nickel
I only have a P7M8, but its coming out of carry retirement for a day and going into a Delfatti ISP for the show Wednesday
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Me too.

Definitely seeing it again.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#46]
It's not even thanksgiving yet
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Wasn't planning on it, but the three closest theaters where it's at are posted 30.06 & 30.07, so definitely not.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Wasn't planning on it, but the three closest theaters where it's at are posted 30.06 & 30.07, so definitely not.
View Quote
I carry anyway.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#49]
The wife and I are going. 30 years ago when we were dating I took her to go see Die Hard.

Now the question is which sweat shirt am I wearing to the movie?

Of course I will be carrying my Beretta 92F.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#50]
I brought the family to see it.  So far we are the only people in the theater 30 minutes before the show starts.  I figured there would be more interest but if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have known about it. Maybe they had poor marketing.

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top