Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/25/2023 2:08:43 PM EDT
I'd have to say the mothers by far. So, should they be named GS MILF cookies instead?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I like cookies and milk
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Parents
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
milfs do.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thankfully MILFs and GILFs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Moms .
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#6]
It’s all about location.

Neighbors kid has permission to set up shop at the interior exit of the local high end grocery store.
If you don’t buy on the way out, everyone in line hears your refusal to support the cause.

Peer/status pressure does the rest..
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Pics of MILFs?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's all about location.

Neighbors kid has permission to set up shop at the interior exit of the high end grocery store.
If you don't buy on the way out, everyone in line hears your refusal to support the cause.

View Quote
I just say I got the beetus.

Modern problems/solutions and all that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Girl Scout cookies are pretty terrible, as cookies go.

If they upgraded their product, they would sell a LOT more of them.

Even the best they sell are pretty miserable, bottom of the barrel, do I really want to eat this, cookies.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey now, they use tons of quality plastic in their packaging so they don't have to actually sell that many cookies.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just say I got the beetus.

Modern problems/solutions and all that.
View Quote

I just budget in an extra $10 per shopping trip.
No way I’m getting back to my car without at least 2 boxes in hand.

The fact that her single mom’s pretty hot has nothing to do with it.. I just like cookies
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It’s all about location.

Neighbors kid has permission to set up shop at the interior exit of the local high end grocery store.
If you don’t buy on the way out, everyone in line hears your refusal to support the cause.

View Quote

I grew up in a semi-affluent MPLS suburb.

Football, softball, baseball, basketball, girl scouts, boy scouts; every youth group around would do fundraising at the exit of our Cub Foods.
My baseball team sold hot dogs and bagged groceries. We made BANK. I personally handled thousands of dollars each day.

We did the same with my police explorer group. Unfortunately, we were associated with a neighboring PD and the good folks of STA looked down upon Columbia Heights trash. We still made money but nothing like doing it for STA groups.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#13]
The little girls….if they bring the order form to church.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, the mothers around here have tables of GSCs at every supermarket entrance.  The girls themselves are in school most of the time.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Parent is always present, but it's always the girls running the table.

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:39:59 PM EDT
[#17]
As the parent of a GS I'd say it's the parents.  I put the order sheet on my desk and it fills up quickly.  I just LOVE lugging those fuckers into the office every year
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#18]
The record goes to the young girl that set up her table right outside of a pot shop in Colorado. I guess pot gives you the munchies, and she held the record that year.
Smart girl

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Are they made with real girl scouts? Or milfs?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Used to buy a shitload from staff selling for their kids then put most out for the crews. Everybody wins for a relatively small cost.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I've got about five moms advertising GS cookies at work.  Been a few years since a Girl Scout herself sold me a box.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Even the best they sell are pretty miserable, bottom of the barrel, do I really want to eat this, cookies.
View Quote

I'm glad there's at least two of us who feel that way.

This time of year, it seems it's always guys saying those awful lumps of gritty sawdust are "like crack" to them.

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Moms who bring the sign up sheet Into the office. And kneecap the other moms if they dare compete on her terf.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#24]
the house down the street from me has a garage full of multiple pallets of GS cookies and has told us to come down if we want some. while driving home a couple days later, i saw a young girl on the corner, proudly flying the american flag and selling herself, so i bought some from her. fuck you and your lazy ass, can’t even be bothered to send your kid 4 houses down, i have to come to you?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Ive found it varies. Usually its the moms directly, or the moms encouraging their kid to peddle their delicious wares.

Have run into a few GS though that could be mobsters with how aggressively they were pushing their cookies. Like tiny extortionists
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#26]
The little girls. They're vicious!

I came out of the grocery store and three of them tackled me from behind like hyena's taking down an old water buffalo.

One twisted my arm and held me down while the second one grabbed my wallet and took all my money while the third one threw cookie boxes on top of me!

It was horrible!

That's the story I told my wife and I'm sticking to it!
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's how it is here.  Parents are usually sitting at the table and the kids r the ones hussling
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Came here looking for MILF's...

Thread fail, close it down!

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Last GS cookie season, the girls and moms were set up at Ace Hardware.

One of the girls asked, "Would you like to buy some cookies, sir?"

"Sorry, I don't have any cash."

In freaking unison, all four of the girls sing-songed, "We take plastic."

So, in my limited experience, it's the girls.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I’ll buy them because my MILF sold a million boxes when we were kids and the kids are too cute to say no to.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#33]
up untill a few years ago they would come to our door pimping them dam delicious cookies.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is how most do it here.  You can't go anywhere in public without running into "cookie booths" during cookie season.  The troop gets a decent amount of the proceeds and it's how they finance their troop for the year so I try to buy a box now and then.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Definitely the MILFs.

That being said the local girls scout troop has a prime spot. The shopping center has my gym and grocery store next to each other. The grocery store entrance/exit is by the windows to the gym.  So they get the regular grocery shopping crowd, plus the folks at the gym who say “I just worked out, and can eat some cookies. Plus it’s for a good cause.”
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I like cookies and milk
View Quote

Milk filled breasts
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The record goes to the young girl that set up her table right outside of a pot shop in Colorado. I guess pot gives you the munchies, and she held the record that year.
Smart girl

View Quote

If you truly understand your customer base, you can make bank.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#39]
A few years ago I was walking out of my local Winn Dixie grocery store and the Boy Scouts were selling popcorn except they were all girls.  I had to do a double take.  I asked the moms "Boy Scouts?" and they proudly looked at me, yes they are Boy Scouts.  I turned and walked away

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Hot moms sell most cookies.  It's science.  Never argue with the science.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I ignore them because I don't need excess sugar and simply don't care for them like I used to. If they tried to guilt me I'd turn the table and tell then I'm diabetic. "Do you want to hurt me?"
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Definitely the parents
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#45]
They're a Democrat front organization.  Same as AARP.  Etc.

Every kid organization now.  Commies are great at infiltration.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#46]
A guy at work was working it pretty hard for his daughter.  

I ended up buying $100 worth off him.  Hoping to have some for camping throughout the year.  I got them hidden from the wife and kids.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#47]
After the treatment of the last new conservative female Supreme Court justice

I don’t spend money for GS cookies
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#48]
When I worked I would always buy 4 (or so) boxes from whatever Mom or Dad selling them.  Most of those I'd open and put in the lunch room.  I was in Phx, AZ two months ago and some Girl Scouts were selling cookies.  I picked 2 boxes, and asked "What do I owe you?"  She said "They're 5 dollars a box, so 10 dollars."  But then a little (about 4) said
"You can get 4 boxes for only 20 dollars."  I told her that I'd that deal.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Moms who bring the sign up sheet Into the office. And kneecap the other moms if they dare compete on her terf.
View Quote

correct.
i know one mom makes her little girl hand write you a thank you letter though.
(everyone gets a different letter, probably easier just to go out and sell cookies)
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Guys are more likely to believe/buy from/help out hot girls than ugly or meh girls.   The converse is true with girls tilted likely toward what a hot guy says/sells/suggests over just the content.

Attractive people (both sexes) make more money and have "better luck" all around.   There have been several studies on it proving it by having three groups of people following the same scripts to persuade/sell/question somebody with other groups rating how attractive the various people in the study are and every time it comes up true.  

So, they're pushing the "fat and ugly is beauty" angle now instead of accepting nature as it is.  Can't change the people?  Change the science and call it settled.

View Quote

True.  I see fat and unattractive people in lots of ads now.  A few years ago they were radioactive.  It's not working on me, but what do I know?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top