Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:28:00 AM EDT
[#1]
"San Onofre" by SoCal beach artist Jim Hagle:

One of at least half a dozen original oils on canvas by NH artist Nancy Gafney, showing old time NH farms and farm life:

"Lake Sunapee's Great Race" by NH artist Babe Sargent:

And one of a couple by Dick Kramer (who passed away in 2022 from COVID):

Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:29:53 AM EDT
[#2]
What an awesome thread. I wish I had some fine art at home, or at least some lithos. I work for an art museum, though, so I get to look at some nice artwork all the time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:49:25 AM EDT
[#3]
My other Dick Kramer:

Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:57:45 AM EDT
[#4]
And "Samoa 2011" oil on canvas by Hawaiian/Samoan artist Kap Te'o Tafiti

Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:01:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:09:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got a couple of 1922 "Daybreak" (Maxfield Parrish) prints in original frames from "The House Of Art".  I don't know if they qualify as "Fine art" but I like them.

What's really crazy is that 100yrs ago almost 1/4 of all American homes had a copy of this print hanging in them.   Both of mine are original 100yr old pieces.

Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:17:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Maxfield Parrish art is great.   He lived in Plainfield, NH and used several locals as models.   He also painted the stage backdrop for the Town Hall, which is in wonderful condition.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:21:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I own a Guy de Becker. Painted in Amsterdam.

3.5 rontgen.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:28:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maxfield Parrish art is great.   He lived in Plainfield, NH and used several locals as models.   He also painted the stage backdrop for the Town Hall, which is in wonderful condition.  
View Quote
I didn't know that.  Very cool.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:35:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Is there a good story to go with that?
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:36:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm too rednecky and poor to own any fancy art, but if'n i had some splurgin money, I'd own this piece by Isamu Noguchi:

If memory serves, she's a hundred years old and called Undine. She is simply lovely, like any woman having her first good stretch after waking. This was produced while he was still making realism pieces.

Here she is polished and restored, but i actually like it weathered for some unknown reason.

I guess i like it because, in form, she resembles my young wife years ago. She also used to stretch her sleep away in similar line. I never tired of that view. Not once.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:47:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hilltop Farm is one of my favourite paintings of any style. I saw it years ago in Boston. The technology to reproduce the painting with the same light and Color effect does not exist. It left a lasting impression.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 6:23:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I have quite a few Erte bronze sculptures.  He was a Russian -born French artist  and fashion designer associated with Art Deco in the 1920s.  Here’s a few (pics grabbed from internet) I have:

Link Posted: 9/16/2023 7:38:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Is that a turd wood carving???
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have an oil painting by Grif Teller that my father commissioned in the mid-1980s. It depicts PRR GG1 No. 4935 on a fall day at Princeton Junction.

https://i.ibb.co/RbTdy6x/IMG-3459.jpg
always sunny title card maker
View Quote

It’s the Dinky.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 7:44:14 AM EDT
[#16]

I own one of this man's creations and it is beautiful... once i commit fully to redecorating,  I intend to get a few more... they are awesome!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 7:45:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I’d really love a Vonnegut drawing or screen printing if anyone wants to sell. Have seen in the past but never pulled the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#18]
I have lots of art. Not sure it's considered "fine," I'll post it later when I get to my hotel.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#19]
I was expecting these to show up on page 1.

Link Posted: 9/16/2023 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not sure I'd call it "fine art", but this tapestry hangs in my hash making room.
Dali. "Battle around a Dandelion"
All that fighting over just a weed.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/461570/JustAWeed_jpg-2955301.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/461570/HashRoom_jpg-2955303.JPG

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 8:48:42 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure I'd call it "fine art", but this tapestry hangs in my hash making room.
Dali. "Battle around a Dandelion"
All that fighting over just a weed.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/461570/JustAWeed_jpg-2955301.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/461570/HashRoom_jpg-2955303.JPG

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif

That's what he was fishing for. Best to just scroll on past next time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a Picasso.

I had a limited 5 set series but sold 3 and kept 2 for the family and investment.

I was young and dumb but I used the 3 to buy a machine gun and also a down payment for some drain field work on my farm.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/s-l1600_jpg-2955493.JPG
View Quote

Wow that's pretty cool though
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#24]
parents do. Don’t see the appeal.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Rembrandt, Brisson, Medvedev and more. I enjoy art in our home.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#26]
my vintage fine art,

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#27]
This is in the family.  Artists used to sit in front of the masterworks in museums and copy them as a form of training.  This is a copy of van Dyck’s “Rest on the flight to Egypt”(Info link) painted by the artist Friedrich Fehr(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Fehr) in 1880 while he was an art student at Academy of Fine Arts in Munich.  The original is it in Munich at the Alte Pinakothek.  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 11:15:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's what he was fishing for. Best to just scroll on past next time.
View Quote

Party pooper. It's never NOT fun seeing who gets triggered by freedom on a 2a forum.
Solventless extracts ARE art. I just make em, I don't partake. It's for family, I love the science.
Wine is my personal jam.
Attachment Attached File

Anyway, moar art.

"Angelic Landscape"
Attachment Attached File

"The cavaliers of King Arthur"
Attachment Attached File

"Isolde of the White Hands"
Attachment Attached File

"Don Quixote"
Attachment Attached File

"Fashion Designer"
Attachment Attached File

"Self Portrait"
Attachment Attached File

Lots more, but one can only take so much Dali at a time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#30]
I appreciate craftsmanship, and do own a few things that I find artistic above their "actual" value.

Fancy watches and 1911s, hand carved ivory grips, an engraved italian shotgun, elephant holsters, damascus knives, that kind of thing. Art I can actually enjoy daily.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Orthodox Byzantine and Russian icons. A few oils by my mom (1960s) and my wife's dad. Books on Gauguin (I like the impressionists) and Chinese calligraphy (wish I had some to hang on the wall).

Oh, and an 8 x 11" copy of a black and white photo of Buddy Guy taken by Jim Marshall from around 1967. Buddy's playing his sunburst Strat standing next to two tenor players. Love it, my wife  isn't able to appreciate it as much as me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#32]
I collect pre-pro beer trays...I think they're "art."

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I really enjoy this one
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#34]
A Frazetta giclee print is above my bed

And my living room

Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a signed Vasaraley numbered lithograph.

I also have a signed Hockey numbered lithograph

They hang in our guest bedrooms

I want to get an original cell/art from Otomo's Akira for my office.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Rolling art.
1936 Schwinn Aerocycle.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

That's amazing
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Nice! I should add Frazetta giclee to my searches.

Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Persian wedding jacket and hatAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Persian necklaceAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#42]
If by fine art you mean widely recognized, high profile artists...no.

We've been buying here and overseas for years. They always tell you to buy what you like, and we have. This is a small sample...it's all kind of eclectic, and a serious bitch to pack and move

One of our neighbors is a very well known Canadian wildlife artist. This is a five feet long Giclee that always photographs a little fuzzy. It's extremely vivid and detailed in person.
Attachment Attached File

Oil landscape by a WA artist, IIRC.
Attachment Attached File

Vase by a NC artist who became very well known for this technique. He embeds crystals in the glaze that "bloom" in the kiln. Many of the pieces don't survive the process, so they're somewhat limited and he has a very devoted following.
Attachment Attached File

My favorite bronze. She's unattributed, which is a shame, but I love her anyway. She's holding a leaf over her head, and has a thistle at her feet. Her patina is gorgeous, an appraiser told me she's probably circa 1920.
Attachment Attached File

Not my favorite, but it was my wife's birthday and I relented. Steel, also about five feet long and it must weigh 20+ pounds. It's hung where it won't decapitate anyone if it comes off the wall.
Attachment Attached File

Lalique perfume bottles from the mothership in Paris. We have way, way too much lead crystal.
Attachment Attached File

Bonner, my trophy buck from a studio in WA.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/16/2023 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks, y'all got some incredible stuff. My only piece, bought it when I was feeling like a dandy in Vegas many years ago and might have had one too many beers in me. I doubt I could get what I paid for it, if i sold it today.    No big deal, it makes me happy. Plus, boobies!

The artist uses carved clay on a canvas giving it insane depth. It really needs a light on it to bring out all the layers. Somehow, they are able to replicate in the print. 45/100, Song of Sophia.

Anyway, thanks to all those that contributed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#44]

Its him!
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I own one of this man's creations and it is beautiful... once i commit fully to redecorating,  I intend to get a few more... they are awesome!!!
View Quote

Many thanks!

I have a lot more [most] of the US flags designs throughout history done at this point......just need to finish off the last few I haven't done yet.

@steelycr
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Thanks, y'all got some incredible stuff. My only piece, bought it when I was feeling like a dandy in Vegas many years ago and might have had one too many beers in me. I doubt I could get what I paid for it, if i sold it today.    No big deal, it makes me happy. Plus, boobies!

The artist uses carved clay on a canvas giving it insane depth. It really needs a light on it to bring out all the layers. Somehow, they are able to replicate in the print. 45/100, Song of Sophia.

Anyway, thanks to all those that contributed.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42439/20230916_142258_jpg-2956089.JPG
View Quote

You could if you sold it to me That's really beautiful, it reminds me a lot of Alphonse Mucha's Art Nouveau images. I actually have the Mucha Job cigarette paper print that's a placeholder for the day I can afford the real thing.

Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#48]
A lot of what I have reminds me of my favorite childhood movies/shows, or home, or just caught my eye.

In this corner I have a print of the Ghostbusters by Rich Pellegrino, the person I commissioned to do the Wonka original. Also is a signed photo of Doc and Marty in the DeLorean. The Chairman is an original by Pittsburgh artist Michael Lotenero. Then an original Wonka by Rich Pellegrino.

Here I have an original watercolor of my favorite President, George Washington, by Etsy artist Jeff Rodriguez.

Next to that is the massive WW2 post D day propaganda poster. I love how the colors of the flags pop and it has the Soviet flag. It's in remarkably great condition for nearly 80 years old, and will remain that way under museum glass (all my art is under that anyway).

Next to it are two limited edition, nearly identical portrait collages by photographer Andy Gotts.

Can you spot the difference?

How about now? Originally, Wil Wheaton didn't want to participate, so they had John de Lancie participate. Then Wil saw what they were doing and wanted in. /rollseyes. Naturally, I had to have both.

In this corner is my "impressionist" (post) wing. On the left is a copy of Starry Night by Van Gogh. This is a random ebay artist and it's real oil on canvas. I can't make out his name on the back but I felt he did a fantastic job. On the right is an original by WV artist Deborah Lester. It is titled "Poppies."

This is an original by artist Jeff Bertrand. I decided to get a borgified Mr. Rogers with the Borg Queen as his puppet.

Here's a collection of odd ducks. On the left is an 1830s etching of a page of Hans Holbein the Younger's "Dance of Death."

In the middle is a piece I picked up at the Pittsburgh art festival some years ago, I can't recall the artist right now, but it's fine needlework. You have to get up close to see the detail and a few steps back it looks like a photograph.

On the right is an original by another ebay artist who is no longer on there and I can't make out his full sig, but his last name is Burgess. It is, of course, Albert Einstein.

This is a steel sculpture original made by artists at "Art of Steel" in the Strip District of Pittsburgh. It's fucking sharp and wears my blood.

This is a photo of Pittsburgh with SpaceX Dragon 9 high above by Pittsburgh photographer Dustin McGrew. Sorry for reflection.

These are photos of Pittsburgh by a Strip District photographer.

This is a "nude" self portrait in an abandoned Poconos resort by Philadelphia photographer Sarah Bloom.

This is an original piece about a "nuclear narwhal", all in ballpoint pen, by artist Tai Taeoalii. I picked this up also at the Pittsburgh arts festival many years ago. Photo doesn't do justice to scale, it's about 2.5 feet x 4 feet or so. The colors also don't render well in the potato pic.

And this tree. Another ebay find, oil on canvas. I can't read the artists signature on the front or back. I don't know why, but I love this fuckin tree. I've had it over a decade or more now, and it's the first thing I see when I wake up.

That's it for now. Rich Pellegrino is working on another original commission for me as we speak. Something else from my childhood that I love. I'll post it when complete.

Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Our fine art consists of a variety of signs from Hobby Lobby. Live, Laugh, Love…Welcome, Blessed, Family, Lake ~>, wine, coffee, You had me at Merlot.., etc.

My wife doesn’t consider the models I build fine art since it has to stay in the basement.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Can’t post nudes
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top