Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2019 1:47:13 PM EDT
I need a used PS3 for the sole task of playing Bushido Blade on a new Samsung TV. I noticed several versions and I’m curious which I should look for. I understand PS4 is not backwards compatible for PS1.

I have a bud coming in from out of town and would like to play the copy I kept from years ago.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Just pick up whatever is cheap in Craigslist or Facebook marketplace. The super slim was the last version they made before the phase out to next generation.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#2]
There is only ONE model of the PS3 that supports backwards compatibility with the PS2, that is the original FAT PS3 models. This fat boy here:

The others are all backwards compatible with the PS1.

So if you want both, for ease of access, I'd get the fat boy.  If you don't care about the PS2, just get any model really.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#3]
My friends hated playing that game with me.  They never lived long enough.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Any of the big, fat ones BEFORE the MGS4 one.

The MGS4 one was SOFTWARE emulated.  The ones before the MGS4 PS3 had a true PS1/2 chip on the board.

OR, just buy a PS2.

Loved Bushido Blade!
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 12:25:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any of the big, fat ones BEFORE the MGS4 one.

The MGS4 one was SOFTWARE emulated.  The ones before the MGS4 PS3 had a true PS1/2 chip on the board.

OR, just buy a PS2.

Loved Bushido Blade!
View Quote
Easy way to tell:  Is it the fat boy in my pic above or is it not?  If it's not a fat boy, it has software emulation for PS1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top